• All Talents Belong To All Of God's Children

From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 20 14:38:46 2020
    XPost: alt.religion.course-miracle

The First Epistle of Paul the Apostle, a servant of Jesus Christ, to the Corinthians:

1 Corinthians 12:27-14:5

"Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed
    these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that
    miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
    Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But
    earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is
    not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there
    are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For
    we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come,
    then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a
    mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. For
    he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands
    him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies
    himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than
    he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification."

Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 12:27-14:5, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"The basic decision of the miracle-minded is not to wait on time any longer than
    is necessary. Time can waste as well as be wasted. The miracle worker, therefore,
    accepts the time-control factor gladly. He recognizes that every collapse of time
    brings everyone closer to the ultimate release from time, in which the Son and the
    Father are One. Equality does not imply equality *now*. When everyone recognizes
    that he has everything, individual contributions to the Sonship will no longer be
    necessary.
    When the Atonement has been completed, all talents will be shared by all the Sons
    of God. God is not partial. All his children have his total love, and all his gifts are freely given to everyone alike. "Except ye become as little children" means that unless you fully recognize your complete dependence on God, you cannot
    know the real power of the Son in his true relationship with the Father. The specialness of God's Sons does not stem from exclusion but from inclusion. All my
    brothers are special. If they believe they are deprived of anything, their perception becomes distorted. When this occurs the whole family of God, or the Sonship, is impaired in its relationships."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 1, Section 5

"You are not special."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 24, Section 3

You can call yourself a master, when you have overcome the world.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - Jesus Christ, John 16:33, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"In this world you need not have tribulation because I have overcome the world. That is why you should be of good cheer."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 4, Section 2

https://tinyurl.com/A-Course-In-Miracles-pdf
    https://www.biblegateway.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 10 03:55:06 2021

All Talents Belong To All Of God's Children

The First Epistle of Paul the Apostle, a servant of Jesus Christ, to the Corinthians:

"Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed
    these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that
    miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is
    not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there
    are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For
    we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come,

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a
    mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. For
    he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands
    him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies
    himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than
    he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification."

"The basic decision of the miracle-minded is not to wait on time any longer than
    is necessary. Time can waste as well as be wasted. The miracle worker, therefore,
    accepts the time-control factor gladly. He recognizes that every collapse of time
    brings everyone closer to the ultimate release from time, in which the Son and the
    Father are One. Equality does not imply equality *now*. When everyone recognizes
    that he has everything, individual contributions to the Sonship will no longer be
    necessary.
    When the Atonement has been completed, all talents will be shared by all the Sons
    of God. God is not partial. All his children have his total love, and all his gifts are freely given to everyone alike. "Except ye become as little children" means that unless you fully recognize your complete dependence on God, you cannot
    know the real power of the Son in his true relationship with the Father. The specialness of God's Sons does not stem from exclusion but from inclusion. All my
    brothers are special. If they believe they are deprived of anything, their perception becomes distorted. When this occurs the whole family of God, or the Sonship, is impaired in its relationships."

"You are not special."

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - Jesus Christ, John 16:33, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"In this world you need not have tribulation because I have overcome the world. That is why you should be of good cheer."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 10 03:57:57 2021

The Son And The Father Are One

"I and My Father are one.”
    - Jesus Christ, John 10:30, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+10&version=NKJV

Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit:

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However,
    when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He
    will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He
    will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I
    said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you."
    - Jesus Christ, John 16:12-16, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+16%3A12-15&version=NKJV

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will
    give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— even the Spirit of
    truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
    but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you
    orphans; I will come to you."
    - Jesus Christ, John 14:15-18, Holy Bible, New Testament

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+14%3A15-18&version=NKJV

"This is My commandment, that you love one another"

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called
    you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."
    - Jesus Christ, John 15:12a,14-15, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+15%3A12-15&version=NKJV

"Freedom is the only gift you can offer to God's Sons, being an acknowledgment of
    what they are and what he is. Freedom is creation, because it is love. Whom you
    seek to imprison you do not love. Therefore, when you seek to imprison anyone, including yourself, you do not love him and you cannot identify with him. When you imprison yourself you are losing sight of your true identification with me and
    with the Father. Your identification is with the Father and with the Son. It cannot be with One and not the Other. If you are part of One you must be part of
    the Other, because They are One. The Holy Trinity is holy because It is One. If
    you exclude yourself from this union, you are perceiving the Holy Trinity as separated. You must be included in It, because It is everything. Unless you take
    your place in It and fulfill your function as part of It, the Holy Trinity is as
    bereft as you are. No part of It can be imprisoned if Its truth is to be known."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 8, Section 4

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 25 15:03:48 2021

necessary.

"You are not special."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 25 15:04:50 2021
    The Son And The Father Are One

"I and My Father are one.”
    - Jesus Christ, John 10:30, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+10&version=NKJV

Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit:

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However,
    when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He
    will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He
    will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I
    said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you."
    - Jesus Christ, John 16:12-16, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+16%3A12-15&version=NKJV

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will
    give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— even the Spirit of
    truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
    but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you
    orphans; I will come to you."
    - Jesus Christ, John 14:15-18, Holy Bible, New Testament

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+14%3A15-18&version=NKJV

"This is My commandment, that you love one another"

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called
    you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."
    - Jesus Christ, John 15:12a,14-15, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+15%3A12-15&version=NKJV

"Freedom is the only gift you can offer to God's Sons, being an acknowledgment of
    what they are and what he is. Freedom is creation, because it is love. Whom you
    seek to imprison you do not love. Therefore, when you seek to imprison anyone, including yourself, you do not love him and you cannot identify with him. When you imprison yourself you are losing sight of your true identification with me and
    with the Father. Your identification is with the Father and with the Son. It cannot be with One and not the Other. If you are part of One you must be part of
    the Other, because They are One. The Holy Trinity is holy because It is One. If
    you exclude yourself from this union, you are perceiving the Holy Trinity as separated. You must be included in It, because It is everything. Unless you take
    your place in It and fulfill your function as part of It, the Holy Trinity is as
    bereft as you are. No part of It can be imprisoned if Its truth is to be known."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 8, Section 4

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05