• What is A Course in Miracles? A book about God, written by the Holy Spi

From course zealot@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 12 18:01:58 2019
    This is a group for students of A Course in Miracles. If someone has no interest
    in A Course in Miracles, they might try another board.

"Are other teachers possible, to lead the way to those who speak in different tongues and appeal to different symbols? Certainly there are."
    - A Course in Miracles, Manual For Teachers, Section 23, "Does Jesus Have a Special Role in Healing?"

"This is a manual for a special curriculum, intended for teachers of a special form of the universal course. There are many thousands of other forms, all with
    the same outcome. They merely save time."
    - A Course in Miracles, Manual For Teachers, Section 1, "Who Are God's Teachers?"

If someone doesn't understand something, it's either because they're misinterpreting it, or it's wrong. You wouldn't want to follow a misinterpretation, and you would not want to follow something wrong. And all things have a time and place. "Shout the truth from the rooftops" (Matt 10:27)?
    Or "Don't cast pearls before swine" (Matt 7:6)?

And even yet, when studying A Course in Miracles, some say take what fits, and what helps, and leave the rest at the door. Pursue then, what helps.

The most intelligent approach to take to God, to religion, and to the world, is to
    pursue Truth and Fundamental Truth. The truth is more, and perhaps less, than A
    Course in Miracles. The truth is found in other books besides A Course in Miracles, and ultimately Paul the Apostle says, is written on our hearts: (2 Corinthians 3:3, Romans 2:15, & Hebrews 8:10).

"Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”

Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and
    for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
    - John 18:37, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

The Words of Truth which have come from Jesus, have always been the Words of the
    Spirit of Truth:

"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a
    command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command
    is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me,
    so I speak.”
    - Jesus Christ, John 12:49-50, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However,
    when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He
    will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He
    will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I
    said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you."
    - Jesus Christ, John 16:12-16, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and
    they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."
    - Jesus Christ, John 10:16, King James Version, Holy Bible

"I have assured you that the Mind that decided for me is also in you, and that you
    can let it change you just as it changed me. This Mind is unequivocal, because it
    hears only one voice and answers in only one way. You are the light of the world
    with me. Rest does not come from sleeping but from waking. The Holy Spirit is the
    Call to awaken and be glad. The world is very tired, because it is the idea of weariness. Our task is the joyous one of waking it to the Call for God. Everyone
    will answer the Call of the Holy Spirit, or the Sonship cannot be as One. What better vocation could there be for any part of the Kingdom than to restore it to
    the perfect integration that can make it whole? Hear only this through the Holy Spirit within you, and teach your brothers to listen as I am teaching you."

"I heard one voice because I understood that I could not atone for myself alone.
    Listening to one voice implies the decision to share It in order to hear It yourself. The Mind that was in me is still irresistibly drawn to every mind created by God, because God's wholeness is the wholeness of his Son. You cannot be
    hurt, and do not want to show your brother anything except your wholeness. Show him that he cannot hurt you and hold nothing against him, or you hold it against
    yourself. This is the meaning of "turning the other cheek."

"My mind will always be like yours, because we were created as equals. It was only
    my decision that gave me all power in heaven and earth. My only gift to you is to
    help you make the same decision. This decision is the choice to share it, because
    the decision itself is the decision to share. It is made by giving, and is therefore the one choice that resembles true creation. I am your model for decision. By deciding for God I showed you that this decision can be made, and that you can make it.

I have enjoined you to behave as I behaved, but we must respond to the same Mind
    to do this. This Mind is the Holy Spirit, Whose Will is for God always. He teaches
    you how to keep me as the model for your thought, and to behave like me as a result. The power of our joint motivation is beyond belief, but not beyond accomplishment. What we can accomplish together has no limits, because the Call for God is the Call to the unlimited. Child of God, my message is for you, to hear
    and give away as you answer the Holy Spirit within you." - ACIM, Ch. 5

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)