• Let's examine the credibility of Gary Renard

From don eldridge@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 26 10:54:13 2021
    On Sunday, December 12, 2004 at 4:23:41 PM UTC-8, J. wrote:
    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:21:18 -0500, "Doug Thompson" <n...@spam.nospam>
    wrote:

I'm not calling Gary Renard or anyone else a liar here. I am simply
    saying
    that I'm far from convinced Gary is telling the whole truth about the >>origins and source of the material. He may well be telling the whole
    truth
    but so far I remain unconvinced.

Okay.

Okay? Lets face it. If A Course in Miracles was based solely on the testimony of Helen Schucman and the quality of writing exhibited by Gary Renard, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Moreover, I have no problem saying all available evidence indicates Gary Renard is lying
    when he claims eight years of visitation by ascended masters. No one has
    any obligation to believe Renard or park their brain because someone
    like Renard makes a wild claim.
    If the issue is Renard's credibility, and the claim by Miller that
    Renard is an honest, sane man describing extraordinary events, then I'd
    like to see if Renard has a criminal record, any history of illegal drug use, mental health problems or mental conditions controlled by
    prescription medication.
    Makes one wonder how closely Pat Miller looked at Renard before he
    decided to pass Renard off as the next prophet of The Course world.
    Sounds fair and prudent if people are asked to suspend rational judgment
    by people hoping to make money on Renard's wild claims, someone should
    at least make a surface examination of Gary Renard. In other words, if Renard is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, perhaps his readers should
    be advised of that fact.

Sounds like you just want to shoot the messenger. His books are not about Gary Renard and never have been. Seems to me all he is doing is relating his experience with ACIM. Take it or leave it. But I can tell you, from my experience, that his message is
    truth. I have read all of his books and have not found a contradiction in truth in any of them. You seem to be getting hung up on the messenger and throwing away the message. I believe that in each of his books there is reference to those that will scoff
    at his message. This is just an ego trick to keep you from the Truth. For those of you who are consciously on the path you know that the ego is constantly trying to distract you from reality. Once you have begun to understand the Truth through
    forgiveness, like Gary says in his books, you begin to see the fallacy of your world. You learn that the foundation of it is guilt (fear) and that that is the ego foundation as the course teaches. I hope you can learn to forgive your perceived fallacies
    in Gary Renard and the reap the benefits of the message that he carries. Once you can do that, you will begin to understand yourself on a different level. Remember this...That in an imagined universe...anything is possible.

Don

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From don eldridge@21:1/5 to don eldridge on Mon Jul 26 14:08:34 2021
    On Monday, July 26, 2021 at 10:54:14 AM UTC-7, don eldridge wrote:
    On Sunday, December 12, 2004 at 4:23:41 PM UTC-8, J. wrote:
    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:21:18 -0500, "Doug Thompson" <n...@spam.nospam> wrote:

I'm not calling Gary Renard or anyone else a liar here. I am simply saying
    that I'm far from convinced Gary is telling the whole truth about the >>origins and source of the material. He may well be telling the whole truth
    but so far I remain unconvinced.

Okay.

Okay? Lets face it. If A Course in Miracles was based solely on the testimony of Helen Schucman and the quality of writing exhibited by Gary Renard, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Moreover, I have no problem saying all available evidence indicates Gary Renard is lying
    when he claims eight years of visitation by ascended masters. No one has any obligation to believe Renard or park their brain because someone
    like Renard makes a wild claim.
    If the issue is Renard's credibility, and the claim by Miller that
    Renard is an honest, sane man describing extraordinary events, then I'd like to see if Renard has a criminal record, any history of illegal drug use, mental health problems or mental conditions controlled by prescription medication.
    Makes one wonder how closely Pat Miller looked at Renard before he
    decided to pass Renard off as the next prophet of The Course world.
    Sounds fair and prudent if people are asked to suspend rational judgment by people hoping to make money on Renard's wild claims, someone should
    at least make a surface examination of Gary Renard. In other words, if Renard is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, perhaps his readers should be advised of that fact.
    Sounds like you just want to shoot the messenger. His books are not about Gary Renard and never have been. Seems to me all he is doing is relating his experience with ACIM. Take it or leave it. But I can tell you, from my experience, that his message
    is truth. I have read all of his books and have not found a contradiction in truth in any of them. You seem to be getting hung up on the messenger and throwing away the message. I believe that in each of his books there is reference to those that will
    scoff at his message. This is just an ego trick to keep you from the Truth. For those of you who are consciously on the path you know that the ego is constantly trying to distract you from reality. Once you have begun to understand the Truth through
    forgiveness, like Gary says in his books, you begin to see the fallacy of your world. You learn that the foundation of it is guilt (fear) and that that is the ego foundation as the course teaches. I hope you can learn to forgive your perceived fallacies
    in Gary Renard and the reap the benefits of the message that he carries. Once you can do that, you will begin to understand yourself on a different level. Remember this...That in an imagined universe...anything is possible.

Don

About "rational judgement"... trying to justify judgement by using the word "rational" is just another trick of the ego to keep your real mind obstructed from the truth. If you are a student of the course with an "open" mind to learning ( a closed mind
    can't learn anything) you wouldn't be wasting your time with this egotistical rhetoric. Like I said in my last post...Gary Renards story is the medium for the message. It's not important what Gary's experiences were but it helps the seeker relate and
    understand that everyone goes through a lot of different circumstances and mind experiences to get to the same conclusion. If you cannot prove without prejudice that Gary did not have these experiences then you are doomed to false accusation which is
    egotistical. And if you could prove them to be fantasy it still doesn't change the message. So many people in our world get so caught up in accusation that they can't see the forest for the trees. Good hunting in your search for reasons not to listen to
    the message.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)