• This Is My Commandment, That You Love One Another

From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to Miracles Are Seen In Light on Thu Jul 1 22:43:27 2021
    This Is My Commandment, That You Love One Another

On 6/30/2021 5:49 PM, Miracles Are Seen In Light wrote:
    A Course in Miracles goes beyond existentialism to true self-realization. Rather
    than merely waking up and finding oneself turned into a monstrous insect: "The
    Metamorphosis" - Kafka; or shooting someone on a beach senselessly: "The Stranger,"- Camus; A Course in Miracles makes quite clear that what lies past existentialism is not disgusting or psychosis, but:

"You are afraid of me because you looked within and are afraid of what you saw.
    Yet you could not have seen reality, for the reality of your mind is the loveliest
    of God's creations. Coming only from God, its power and grandeur could only bring
    you peace *if you really looked upon it*. If you are afraid, it is because you
    saw something that is not there. Yet in that same place you could have looked
    upon me and all your brothers, in the perfect safety of the Mind which created us.
    For we are there in the peace of the Father, who wills to extend his peace through you."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 12, Section 7

"Everyone makes an ego or a self for himself, which is subject to enormous variation because of its instability. He also makes an ego for everyone else he
    perceives, which is equally variable. Their interaction is a process that alters
    both, because they were not made by or with the unalterable. It is important to
    realize that this alteration can and does occur as readily when the interaction
    takes place in the mind as when it involves physical interaction. There could be
    no better example that the ego is only an idea and not a fact."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 4, Section 2 (3pdf)

"You will identify with what you think will make you safe. Whatever it may be,
    you will believe that it is one with you. Your safety lies in truth, and not in
    lies. Love is your safety. Fear does not exist. Identify with love, and you are
    safe. Identify with love, and you are home. Identify with love, and find your
    Self."
    - A Course in Miracles, Workbook, "What is the Body"

"the purpose of this course is to help you remember what you are"
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 9, Section 1

"The goal of the curriculum, regardless of the teacher you choose, is "Know thyself." There is nothing else to seek. Everyone is looking for himself and for
    the power and glory he thinks he has lost. Whenever you are with anyone, you have
    another opportunity to find them. Your power and glory are in him because they
    are yours. The ego tries to find them in yourself alone, because it does not know
    where to look. The Holy Spirit teaches you that if you look only at yourself you
    cannot find yourself, because that is not what you are. Whenever you are with a
    brother, you are learning what you are because you are teaching what you are. He
    will respond either with pain or with joy, depending on which teacher you are following. He will be imprisoned or released according to your decision, and so
    will you. Never forget your responsibility to him, because it is your responsibility to yourself. Give him his place in the Kingdom and you will have
    yours.

The Kingdom cannot be found alone, and you who are the Kingdom cannot find yourself alone. To achieve the goal of the curriculum, then, you cannot listen to
    the ego, whose purpose is to defeat its own goal. The ego does not know this,
    because it does not know anything. But you can know it, and you will know it if
    you are willing to look at what the ego would make of you. This is your responsibility, because once you have really looked at it you *will* accept the
    Atonement for yourself. What other choice could you make? Having made this choice you will understand why you once believed that, when you met someone else,
    you thought he *was* someone else. And every holy encounter in which you enter
    fully will teach you this is not so.

You can encounter only part of yourself because you are part of God, Who is everything. His power and glory are everywhere, and you cannot be excluded from
    them. The ego teaches that your strength is in you alone. The Holy Spirit teaches that all strength is in God and *therefore* in you. God wills no one suffer. He does not will anyone to suffer for a wrong decision, including you.
    That is why he has given you the means for undoing it. Through his power and glory all your wrong decisions are undone completely, releasing you and your brother from every imprisoning thought any part of the Sonship holds. Wrong decisions have no power, because they are not true. The imprisonment they seem to
    produce is no more true than they are.

Power and glory belong to God alone. So do you. God gives whatever belongs to
    him because he gives of himself, and everything belongs to him. Giving of yourself is the function he gave you. Fulfilling it perfectly will let you remember what you *have* of him, and by this you will remember also what you *are*
    in him. You cannot be powerless to do this, because this is your power. Glory is
    God's gift to you, because that is what he is. See this glory everywhere to remember what you are."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 8, Section 3

"Seek not outside yourself. For it will fail, and you will weep each time an idol
    falls. Heaven cannot be found where it is not, and there can be no peace excepting there. Each idol that you worship when God calls will never answer in
    His place. There is no other answer you can substitute, and find the happiness
    His answer brings. Seek not outside yourself. For all your pain comes simply
    from a futile search for what you want, insisting where it must be found. What if
    it is not there? Do you prefer that you be right or happy? Be you glad that you
    are told where happiness abides, and seek no longer elsewhere. You will fail. But
    it is given you to know the truth, and not to seek for it outside yourself.

No one who comes here but must still have hope, some lingering illusion, or some
    dream that there is something outside of himself that will bring happiness and
    peace to him. If everything is in him this cannot be so. And therefore by his
    coming, he denies the truth about himself, and seeks for something more than everything"
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 29, Section 7

"Understand what "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you," really means.... The word
    "within" is unnecessary. The Kingdom of Heaven *is* you."
    - A Course in Miracles, Chapter 4, Section 3 (4pdf)

"Nothing [you] can do, can compare even in the slightest with the glorious surprise of remembering Who [You are]. Let all [your] learning and all [your]
    efforts be directed toward this one great final surprise, and [you] will not be
    content to be delayed by the little ones that may come to [you] on the way." - A Course in Miracles, Manual For Teachers, Section 25, "Are "Psychic" Powers
    Desirable?"

"Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He
    answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor
    will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is
    within you.”
    - Jesus Christ, Luke 17:20-21, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://tinyurl.com/A-Course-In-Miracles-pdf
    https://www.biblegateway.com/

Beyond Existentialism is Self-Realization. Yet we can't have Self-Realization, without Solipsism; and we can't have Solipsism if there is Duality.

I'll note, however, for the moment, that if everyone loves one another, Solipsism
    wins:

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you,
    that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples,
    if you have love for one another.”
    - Jesus Christ, John 13:34-35, New Testament, Holy Bible, NKJV https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2013%3A34-35&version=NKJV

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater
    love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are
    My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you." - Jesus Christ, John 15:12-15, New Testament, Holy Bible, NKJV https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+15%3A12-15&version=NKJV

"Let us restate "My yoke is easy and my burden light" in this way; "Let us join together, for my message is light."
    - Jesus Christ, A Course in Miracles, Chapter 5, Section 2 (3pdf)
    "Healing and Wholeness," "The Voice For God"

"My yoke is easy and My burden is light:”

"At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and
    earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All
    things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the
    Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the
    Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I
    will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and
    lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My
    burden is light.”
    - Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:25-30, New Testament, Holy Bible, NKJV https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+11%3A25-30&version=NKJV

"love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome."
    - St. John the Divine, 1 John 5:2b-3, New Testament, Holy Bible, NKJV https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+5%3A2-3&version=NKJV

"And this is his commandment, That we should... love one another"
    - St. John the Divine, 1 John 3:23, New Testament, Holy Bible, NKJV https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20John%203%3A23&version=KJV

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)