• Elisha Raised The Dead

From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 22 23:34:31 2021
    XPost: alt.religion.course-miracle

Elisha, disciple of Elijah, raises the dead:

2 Kings 4:

18 When the child had grown, he went out one day to his father among the reapers.
    19 And he said to his father, “Oh, my head, my head!” The father said to his
    servant, “Carry him to his mother.” 20 And when he had lifted him and brought him
    to his mother, the child sat on her lap till noon, and then he died. 21 And she went up and laid him on the bed of the man of God and shut the door behind him and
    went out. 22 Then she called to her husband and said, “Send me one of the servants
    and one of the donkeys, that I may quickly go to the man of God and come back again.” 23 And he said, “Why will you go to him today? It is neither new moon nor
    Sabbath.” She said, “All is well.” 24 Then she saddled the donkey, and she said to
    her servant, “Urge the animal on; do not slacken the pace for me unless I tell
    you.” 25 So she set out and came to the man of God at Mount Carmel.

When the man of God saw her coming, he said to Gehazi his servant, “Look, there is
    the Shunammite. 26 Run at once to meet her and say to her, ‘Is all well with you?
    Is all well with your husband? Is all well with the child?’” And she answered,
    “All is well.” 27 And when she came to the mountain to the man of God, she caught
    hold of his feet. And Gehazi came to push her away. But the man of God said, “Leave her alone, for she is in bitter distress, and the Lord has hidden it from
    me and has not told me.” 28 Then she said, “Did I ask my lord for a son? Did I not
    say, ‘Do not deceive me?’” 29 He said to Gehazi, “Tie up your garment and take my
    staff in your hand and go. If you meet anyone, do not greet him, and if anyone greets you, do not reply. And lay my staff on the face of the child.” 30 Then the
    mother of the child said, “As the Lord lives and as you yourself live, I will not
    leave you.” So he arose and followed her. 31 Gehazi went on ahead and laid the
    staff on the face of the child, but there was no sound or sign of life. Therefore
    he returned to meet him and told him, “The child has not awakened.”

"32 When Elisha came into the house, he saw the child lying dead on his bed. 33 So
    he went in and shut the door behind the two of them and prayed to the Lord. 34 Then he went up and lay on the child, putting his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on
    his eyes, and his hands on his hands. And as he stretched himself upon him, the flesh of the child became warm. 35 Then he got up again and walked once back and
    forth in the house, and went up and stretched himself upon him. The child sneezed
    seven times, and the child opened his eyes. 36 Then he summoned Gehazi and said,
    “Call this Shunammite.” So he called her. And when she came to him, he said, “Pick
    up your son.” 37 She came and fell at his feet, bowing to the ground. Then she
    picked up her son and went out."

2 Kings 4:18-37

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Kings+4%3A18-37&version=ESV

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)