• God *Is*

From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to Miracles Are Seen In Light on Thu Feb 20 15:43:41 2020
    XPost: alt.religion.course-miracle

On 2/20/2020 3:42 PM, Miracles Are Seen In Light wrote:
    "God is, and in Him all created things must be eternal."

- A Course in Miracles, Manual For Teachers, Section 27, "What Is Death?"

"Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have
    fallen asleep.
    The last enemy that will be destroyed is death."
    - Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 15:20,26, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the
    trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put
    on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal
    has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written:
    “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

“O Death, where is your sting?
    O Hades, where is your victory?"

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
    - Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 15:52-57, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"The "reality" of death is firmly rooted in the belief that God's Son is a body.
    And if God created bodies, death would indeed be real. But God would not
    be loving. There is no point at which the contrast between the perception of the real world and that of the world of illusions becomes more sharply
    evident. Death is indeed the death of God, if He is Love. And now His Own creation must stand in fear of Him. He is not Father, but destroyer. He is not Creator, but avenger. Terrible His Thoughts and fearful His image. To look
    on His creations is to die.
    "And the last to be overcome will be death." Of course! Without the idea of death there is no world. All dreams will end with this one. This is
    salvation's final goal; the end of all illusions. And in death are all illusions
    born. What can be born of death and still have life? But what is born of God and still can die? The inconsistencies, the compromises and the rituals the world fosters in its vain attempts to cling to death and yet to think love real are mindless magic, ineffectual and meaningless. God is, and in Him all
    created things must be eternal. Do you not see that otherwise He has an opposite, and fear would be as real as love?
    Teacher of God, your one assignment could be stated thus: Accept no
    compromise in which death plays a part. Do not believe in cruelty, nor let attack conceal the truth from you. What seems to die has but been
    misperceived and carried to illusion. Now it becomes your task to let the illusion be carried to the truth. Be steadfast but in this; be not deceived by the "reality" of any changing form. Truth neither moves nor wavers nor
    sinks down to death and dissolution. And what is the end of death? Nothing
    but this; the realization that the Son of God is guiltless now and forever. Nothing but this. But do not let yourself forget it is not less than this."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 20 15:48:41 2020

"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a
    command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command
    is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me,
    so I speak.”
    - Jesus Christ, John 12:49-50, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+12%3A49-50&version=NKJV

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 20 15:51:20 2020

Was There a Physical Resurrection?

"My body disappeared because I had no illusion about it. The last one had
    gone. It was laid in the tomb, but there was nothing left to bury. It did not disintegrate because the unreal cannot die. It merely became what it always was.
    And that is what “rolling the stone away” means. The body disappears, and no
    longer hides what lies beyond. It merely ceases to interfere with vision. To roll the stone away is to see beyond the tomb, beyond death, and to understand the
    body’s nothingness. What is understood as nothing must disappear.
    I did assume a human form with human attributes afterwards, to speak to those who were to prove the body’s worthlessness to the world. This has been much
    misunderstood. I came to tell them that death is illusion, and the mind that made
    the body can make another since form itself is an illusion. They did not understand. But now I talk to you and give you the same message. The death of an
    illusion means nothing. It disappears when you awaken and decide to dream no more. And you still do have the power to make this decision as I did.
    God holds out His hand to His Son to help him rise and return to Him. I can
    help because the world is illusion, and I have overcome the world. Look past the
    tomb, the body, the illusion. Have faith in nothing but the spirit and the guidance God gives you. He could not have created the body because it is a limit.
    He must have created the spirit because it is immortal. Can those who are created like Him be limited? The body is the symbol of the world. Leave it behind. It cannot enter Heaven. But I can take you there anytime you choose. Together we can watch the world disappear and its symbol vanish as it does so. An
    then, and then... I cannot speak of that.
    A body cannot stay without illusions, and the last one to be overcome is death. This is the message of the crucifixion; there is no order of difficulty in
    miracles. This is the message of the resurrection: Illusions are illusions. Truth
    is true. Illusions vanish. Only truth remains.
    These lessons needed to be taught but once, for when the stone of death is
    rolled away, what can be seen except an empty tomb? And that is what you see who
    follow me into the sunlight and away from death, past all illusions, on to Heaven’s gate, where God will come Himself to take you home."

- A Course in Miracles, Urtext, Unedited Edition, Special Messages, Scribed Oct.
    2, 1976

https://tinyurl.com/Course-In-Miracles-Urtext-pdf

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 20 15:42:35 2020

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to Miracles Are Seen In Light on Sun Jun 27 15:32:46 2021
    On 6/27/2021 3:31 PM, Miracles Are Seen In Light wrote:
    God *Is*

"Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have
    fallen asleep.
    The last enemy that will be destroyed is death."
    - Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 15:20,26, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the
    trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put
    on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal
    has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written:
    “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

“O Death, where is your sting?
    O Hades, where is your victory?"

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
    - Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 15:52-57, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

"The "reality" of death is firmly rooted in the belief that God's Son is a body.
    And if God created bodies, death would indeed be real. But God would not
    be loving. There is no point at which the contrast between the perception of the real world and that of the world of illusions becomes more sharply
    evident. Death is indeed the death of God, if He is Love. And now His Own creation must stand in fear of Him. He is not Father, but destroyer. He is not Creator, but avenger. Terrible His Thoughts and fearful His image. To look
    on His creations is to die.
    "And the last to be overcome will be death." Of course! Without the idea of death there is no world. All dreams will end with this one. This is
    salvation's final goal; the end of all illusions. And in death are all illusions
    born. What can be born of death and still have life? But what is born of God and still can die? The inconsistencies, the compromises and the rituals the world fosters in its vain attempts to cling to death and yet to think love real are mindless magic, ineffectual and meaningless. God is, and in Him all
    created things must be eternal. Do you not see that otherwise He has an opposite, and fear would be as real as love?
    Teacher of God, your one assignment could be stated thus: Accept no
    compromise in which death plays a part. Do not believe in cruelty, nor let attack conceal the truth from you. What seems to die has but been
    misperceived and carried to illusion. Now it becomes your task to let the illusion be carried to the truth. Be steadfast but in this; be not deceived by the "reality" of any changing form. Truth neither moves nor wavers nor
    sinks down to death and dissolution. And what is the end of death? Nothing
    but this; the realization that the Son of God is guiltless now and forever. Nothing but this. But do not let yourself forget it is not less than this."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 27 15:33:31 2021
    There Is No Death - "And I Know That His Command Is Everlasting Life"

"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a
    command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command
    is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me,
    so I speak.”
    - Jesus Christ, John 12:49-50, Holy Bible, New Testament, NKJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+12%3A49-50&version=NKJV

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 27 15:34:06 2021
    Was There a Physical Resurrection?

"My body disappeared because I had no illusion about it. The last one had
    gone. It was laid in the tomb, but there was nothing left to bury. It did not disintegrate because the unreal cannot die. It merely became what it always was.
    And that is what “rolling the stone away” means. The body disappears, and no
    longer hides what lies beyond. It merely ceases to interfere with vision. To roll the stone away is to see beyond the tomb, beyond death, and to understand the
    body’s nothingness. What is understood as nothing must disappear.
    I did assume a human form with human attributes afterwards, to speak to those who were to prove the body’s worthlessness to the world. This has been much
    misunderstood. I came to tell them that death is illusion, and the mind that made
    the body can make another since form itself is an illusion. They did not understand. But now I talk to you and give you the same message. The death of an
    illusion means nothing. It disappears when you awaken and decide to dream no more. And you still do have the power to make this decision as I did.
    God holds out His hand to His Son to help him rise and return to Him. I can
    help because the world is illusion, and I have overcome the world. Look past the
    tomb, the body, the illusion. Have faith in nothing but the spirit and the guidance God gives you. He could not have created the body because it is a limit.
    He must have created the spirit because it is immortal. Can those who are created like Him be limited? The body is the symbol of the world. Leave it behind. It cannot enter Heaven. But I can take you there anytime you choose. Together we can watch the world disappear and its symbol vanish as it does so. An
    then, and then... I cannot speak of that.
    A body cannot stay without illusions, and the last one to be overcome is death. This is the message of the crucifixion; there is no order of difficulty in
    miracles. This is the message of the resurrection: Illusions are illusions. Truth
    is true. Illusions vanish. Only truth remains.
    These lessons needed to be taught but once, for when the stone of death is
    rolled away, what can be seen except an empty tomb? And that is what you see who
    follow me into the sunlight and away from death, past all illusions, on to Heaven’s gate, where God will come Himself to take you home."

- A Course in Miracles, Urtext, Unedited Edition, Special Messages, Scribed Oct.
    2, 1976

https://tinyurl.com/Course-In-Miracles-Urtext-pdf

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Miracles Are Seen In Light@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 27 15:31:56 2021
    God *Is*

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05