• Video Resurfaces of Michelle Obama Praising "Wonderful Human Being" Har

From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 25 21:05:01 2020
    XPost: alt.tv.pol-incorrect, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.hollywood
    XPost: alt.politics.obama, alt.politics.usa

Video of former First Lady Michelle Obama praising convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein at a White House event resurfaced on Twitter Monday.

Obama's remarks were posted by Wojciech Pawelczyk who describes himself in
    his Twitter bio as a "video researcher and Trump supporter for Poland." Pawelczyk also says he is a video editor for War Room, the podcast headed by Steve Bannon. Bannon, who briefly served as chief strategist for President Donald Trump, was also formerly the head of the alt-right website Breitbart News.

"Michelle Obama: Harvey Weinstein is a wonderful human being, a good friend
    and just a powerhouse (November 8, 2013)," tweeted Pawelczyk.

Michelle Obama: Harvey Weinstein is a wonderful human being, a good
    friend and just a powerhouse

(November 8, 2013) pic.twitter.com/IPh2iLUjlQ

— PolishPatriot™️ (@PolishPatriotTM) February 24, 2020

The video was culled from Obama's remarks from the first White House Careers
    in Film Symposium which featured guests such as Whoopi Goldberg, Gayle King
    and Blake Lively.

"I want to start by thanking Harvey Weinstein for organizing this amazing
    day," Obama said to attendees. "This is possible because of Harvey. He is a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse. The fact that he and his team took the time to make this happen to all of you should say something not about at me or about this place, but about you. Everybody here, here because of you."

Newsweek reached out to Obama for comment but did not receive a response in time for publication.

Former film producer Weinstein was found guilty Monday in New York of two counts of sexual assault. Weinstein could receive a maximum of 29 years in prison for his crimes when sentencing occurs in March.

Allegations of sexual impropriety began surfacing in 2017 when allegations against Weinstein from actresses Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd were published
    in The New York Times. After the allegations were made public, over 80 women accused Weinstein of sexual impropriety or assault.

In a 2017 joint statement, Barack and Michelle Obama said they were
    "disgusted" by reports about Weinstein's sexual misconduct.

"Michelle and I have been disgusted by the recent reports about Harvey Weinstein," the statement said. "Any man who demeans and degrades women in
    such fashion needs to be condemned and held accountable, regardless of wealth or status."

Weinstein had been a contributor to Democrats including Hillary Clinton,
    former Secretary of State John Kerry and Barack Obama. Malia, Obama's
    daughter, interned at Weinstein's film production company in 2017.

Actress Annabella Sciorra, who had testified against Weinstein regarding charges he was acquitted of, said in a statement that she and other women
    "can never regret" being vocal in their claims.

"I spoke for myself and with the strength of the 80-plus victims of Harvey Weinstein in my heart," Sciorra said in a statement Monday. "While we hope
    for continued righteous outcomes that bring absolute justice, we can never regret breaking the silence. For in speaking truth to power we pave the way
    for a more just culture, free of the scourge of violence against women."

--
    Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
    watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)