• The Case for Disqualifying Trump Is Strong [Actually it is compelling]

From Max Boot@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 4 09:06:32 2024
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.society.liberalism, alt.atheism
    XPost: alt.fun, alt.politics.democrats.d

By David French
    Opinion Columnist

Jan. 4, 2024, 5:02 a.m. ET

It’s been just over two weeks since the Colorado Supreme Court ruled that Section 3 of the 14th Amendment disqualifies Donald Trump from holding the office of president of the United States. It stayed the effect of that ruling until this week. Pending further action from the Supreme Court of the United States — which Trump asked on Wednesday to overturn the ruling — the former president is off the Republican primary ballot in Colorado.

I spent way too much of my holiday vacation reading the legal and political commentary around the decision, and as I did so I found myself experiencing déjà
    vu. Since the rise of Trump, he and his movement have transgressed constitutional, legal and moral boundaries at will and then, when Americans attempt to impose consequences for those transgressions, Trump’s defenders and
    critics alike caution that the consequences will be “dangerous” or “destabilizing.”

There is already a “surge in violent threats” against the justices of the Colorado Supreme Court. The Yale Law School professor Samuel Moyn has argued that “rejecting Mr. Trump’s candidacy could well invite a repeat of the kind of
    violence that led to the prohibition on insurrectionists in public life in the first place.” Ian Bassin, a Protect Democracy co-founder, has suggested — and I
    agree — that even legal analysis of the 14th Amendment “is being colored by the
    analyst’s fear of how Trump and his supporters would react” to an adverse ruling.

This is where we are, and have now been for years: The Trump movement commits threats, violence and lies. And then it tries to escape accountability for those
    acts through more threats, more violence and more lies. At the heart of the “but
    the consequences" argument against disqualification is a confession that if we hold Trump accountable for his fomenting violence on Jan. 6, he might foment additional violence now.

Enough. It’s time to apply the plain language of the Constitution to Trump’s
    actions and remove him from the ballot — without fear of the consequences. Republics are not maintained by cowardice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/04/opinion/the-case-for-disqualifying-trump-is-strong.html

This is *exactly* the problem: Trump stokes and incites actual violence, and then when there are efforts made to hold him and his Trumpswab stooges accountable, he and they stoke and incite more violence.

The case for disqualifying and imprisoning Trump is compelling. The motherfucker
    must be put in prison for life. By rights, he ought to be in pretrial detention right now.

David French is a legitimate conservative and decorated combat verteran. His conservative bona fides cannot be rationally questioned.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Skeeter@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 4 10:08:47 2024

In article <sABlN.23661$6ePe.8145@fx42.iad>, max.boot@lathymes.com
    says...

By David French
    Opinion Columnist

It?s been just over two weeks since the Colorado Supreme Court ruled that Section 3 of the 14th Amendment disqualifies Donald Trump from holding the office of president of the United States. It stayed the effect of that ruling until this week. Pending further action from the Supreme Court of the United States ? which Trump asked on Wednesday to overturn the ruling ? the former president is off the Republican primary ballot in Colorado.

I spent way too much of my holiday vacation reading the legal and political commentary around the decision, and as I did so I found myself experiencing dj
    vu. Since the rise of Trump, he and his movement have transgressed constitutional, legal and moral boundaries at will and then, when Americans attempt to impose consequences for those transgressions, Trump?s defenders and
    critics alike caution that the consequences will be ?dangerous? or ?destabilizing.?

There is already a ?surge in violent threats? against the justices of the Colorado Supreme Court. The Yale Law School professor Samuel Moyn has argued that ?rejecting Mr. Trump?s candidacy could well invite a repeat of the kind of
    violence that led to the prohibition on insurrectionists in public life in the
    first place.? Ian Bassin, a Protect Democracy co-founder, has suggested ? and I
    agree ? that even legal analysis of the 14th Amendment ?is being colored by the
    analyst?s fear of how Trump and his supporters would react? to an adverse ruling.

This is where we are, and have now been for years: The Trump movement commits threats, violence and lies. And then it tries to escape accountability for those
    acts through more threats, more violence and more lies. At the heart of the ?but
    the consequences" argument against disqualification is a confession that if we
    hold Trump accountable for his fomenting violence on Jan. 6, he might foment additional violence now.

Enough. It?s time to apply the plain language of the Constitution to Trump?s actions and remove him from the ballot ? without fear of the consequences. Republics are not maintained by cowardice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/04/opinion/the-case-for-disqualifying-trump-is-strong.html

This is *exactly* the problem: Trump stokes and incites actual violence, and then when there are efforts made to hold him and his Trumpswab stooges accountable, he and they stoke and incite more violence.

The case for disqualifying and imprisoning Trump is compelling. The motherfucker
    must be put in prison for life. By rights, he ought to be in pretrial detention
    right now.

David French is a legitimate conservative and decorated combat verteran. His conservative bona fides cannot be rationally questioned.

I love my AR-15.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Max Boot@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 4 09:12:01 2024

On 1/4/2024 9:08 AM, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell, convicted child molester and another fucking do-nothing, lied:

In article <sABlN.23661$6ePe.8145@fx42.iad>, max.boot@lathymes.com
    says...

By David French
    Opinion Columnist

It?s been just over two weeks since the Colorado Supreme Court ruled that
    Section 3 of the 14th Amendment disqualifies Donald Trump from holding the >> office of president of the United States. It stayed the effect of that ruling
    until this week. Pending further action from the Supreme Court of the United >> States ? which Trump asked on Wednesday to overturn the ruling ? the former >> president is off the Republican primary ballot in Colorado.

I spent way too much of my holiday vacation reading the legal and political >> commentary around the decision, and as I did so I found myself experiencing déjà
    vu. Since the rise of Trump, he and his movement have transgressed
    constitutional, legal and moral boundaries at will and then, when Americans >> attempt to impose consequences for those transgressions, Trump?s defenders and
    critics alike caution that the consequences will be ?dangerous? or ?destabilizing.?

There is already a ?surge in violent threats? against the justices of the
    Colorado Supreme Court. The Yale Law School professor Samuel Moyn has argued >> that ?rejecting Mr. Trump?s candidacy could well invite a repeat of the kind of
    violence that led to the prohibition on insurrectionists in public life in the
    first place.? Ian Bassin, a Protect Democracy co-founder, has suggested ? and I
    agree ? that even legal analysis of the 14th Amendment ?is being colored by the
    analyst?s fear of how Trump and his supporters would react? to an adverse ruling.

This is where we are, and have now been for years: The Trump movement commits
    threats, violence and lies. And then it tries to escape accountability for those
    acts through more threats, more violence and more lies. At the heart of the ?but
    the consequences" argument against disqualification is a confession that if we
    hold Trump accountable for his fomenting violence on Jan. 6, he might foment >> additional violence now.

Enough. It?s time to apply the plain language of the Constitution to Trump?s >> actions and remove him from the ballot ? without fear of the consequences. >> Republics are not maintained by cowardice.

This is *exactly* the problem: Trump stokes and incites actual violence, and >> then when there are efforts made to hold him and his Trumpswab stooges
    accountable, he and they stoke and incite more violence.

must be put in prison for life. By rights, he ought to be in pretrial detention
    right now.

David French is a legitimate conservative and decorated combat verteran. His >> conservative bona fides cannot be rationally questioned.

I love sticking small helpless rodents up my asshole.

You would, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05