• The Storming Of The U.S. Capitol On 1-6-2021 And Why Kevin McCarthy Sho

From Walt In Seattle@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 4 19:27:29 2023
    Kevin McCarthy has not managed to win his bid to become Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives after seven rounds of voting over two days. Round #8 will begin at 12:00 PM EST Thursday. To put it simply, a vote for Kevin McCarthy is a BIG mistake
    to be made by Republicans who should and probably so know better!

McCarthy is, indisputably, a hypocrite of the worst kind. Given that observation and if there is no change in his point of view as to whether he was right or wrong in his relevant actions, WHY should McCarthy EVER be Speaker of the House?

On January 6, 2021, McCarthy was ready to act on Donald Trump's role, or lackthereof, in the events of January 6, 2021 -- to ensure Trump answers for what he did and did not do that he should have done on that day as well as in previous time. McCarthy
    saw and spoke openly in what amounted to condemnation of Donald Trump without a direct declaration of it. Yet, in a relatively short period of time, Kevin McCarthy was at Mar-a-Lago visiting Donald Trump and apparently scheming with Donald Trump for a
    scenario in which the Republican Party would return as the majority party in the House and McCarthy would become speaker. Donald Trump would, of course, benefit from McCarthy's support for Trump as Trump campaigned for Republicans in the 2022 mid-terms
    and the Republican Party, in turn, would, with McCarthy's support, rally to bring Donald Trump forward as either a Republican King-maker or as a would-be candidate for President.

Do I have proof this was the quid-pro-quo between McCarthy and Trump? No. How could I be privy to what was probably a secret deal? Evidence or not, I believe it to be obvious insomuch as McCarthy's comments in the immediate aftermath of events on January
    6, 2021 and his actions later make no sense unless Donald Trump had cut a deal with McCarthy that would be advantageous to both men -- McCarthy, in particular, as to McCarthy's ambition to become Speaker of the House.

That Kevin McCarthy continues to support Donald Trump while Trump supports McCarthy and McCarthy tends to dismiss or ignore the mounting evidence Donald Trump either acted to or was complicit in, if not having done nothing to prevnet, the actions of
    others to block the certification of vald results in a presidential election is not just hypocrisy as compared to what McCarthy had to say in the immediate aftermath of the events of January 6, 2021. It seems McCarthy has acted in contradiction to his
    oath of office as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, the oath which obligates McCarthy to ensure those who would violate the U.S. Constitution or require that parts of the U.S. Constitution be ignored shall not succeed in so violating or
    ignoring, as that oath strongly implies anyone acting as Donald Trump has should never receive aid or support from ANY member of Congress!. Accordingly, the Trump-McCarthy quid-pro-quo never should have hapened and McCarthy knew or easily should have
    known that it was wrong for that quid-pro-quo to happen. For that reason alone, Kevin McCarthy should NOT be Speaker of the House!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Walt In Seattle@21:1/5 to Walt In Seattle on Thu Jan 5 10:05:56 2023
    On Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 7:27:31 PM UTC-8, Walt In Seattle wrote:
    Kevin McCarthy has not managed to win his bid to become Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives after seven rounds of voting over two days. Round #8 will begin at 12:00 PM EST Thursday. To put it simply, a vote for Kevin McCarthy is a BIG mistake
    to be made by Republicans who should and probably so know better!

McCarthy is, indisputably, a hypocrite of the worst kind. Given that observation and if there is no change in his point of view as to whether he was right or wrong in his relevant actions, WHY should McCarthy EVER be Speaker of the House?

On January 6, 2021, McCarthy was ready to act on Donald Trump's role, or lackthereof, in the events of January 6, 2021 -- to ensure Trump answers for what he did and did not do that he should have done on that day as well as in previous time. McCarthy
    saw and spoke openly in what amounted to condemnation of Donald Trump without a direct declaration of it. Yet, in a relatively short period of time, Kevin McCarthy was at Mar-a-Lago visiting Donald Trump and apparently scheming with Donald Trump for a
    scenario in which the Republican Party would return as the majority party in the House and McCarthy would become speaker. Donald Trump would, of course, benefit from McCarthy's support for Trump as Trump campaigned for Republicans in the 2022 mid-terms
    and the Republican Party, in turn, would, with McCarthy's support, rally to bring Donald Trump forward as either a Republican King-maker or as a would-be candidate for President.

Do I have proof this was the quid-pro-quo between McCarthy and Trump? No. How could I be privy to what was probably a secret deal? Evidence or not, I believe it to be obvious insomuch as McCarthy's comments in the immediate aftermath of events on
    January 6, 2021 and his actions later make no sense unless Donald Trump had cut a deal with McCarthy that would be advantageous to both men -- McCarthy, in particular, as to McCarthy's ambition to become Speaker of the House.

That Kevin McCarthy continues to support Donald Trump while Trump supports McCarthy and McCarthy tends to dismiss or ignore the mounting evidence Donald Trump either acted to or was complicit in, if not having done nothing to prevnet, the actions of
    others to block the certification of vald results in a presidential election is not just hypocrisy as compared to what McCarthy had to say in the immediate aftermath of the events of January 6, 2021. It seems McCarthy has acted in contradiction to his
    oath of office as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, the oath which obligates McCarthy to ensure those who would violate the U.S. Constitution or require that parts of the U.S. Constitution be ignored shall not succeed in so violating or
    ignoring, as that oath strongly implies anyone acting as Donald Trump has should never receive aid or support from ANY member of Congress!. Accordingly, the Trump-McCarthy quid-pro-quo never should have hapened and McCarthy knew or easily should have
    known that it was wrong for that quid-pro-quo to happen. For that reason alone, Kevin McCarthy should NOT be Speaker of the House!

I'm not sure where I went wrong on the number of rounds of voting. My count was 3 rounds on January 3rd, 3 rounds on January 4th until there was a break of a few hours for behind-the-scenes negotiations and a final round for January 4th before the House
    called it a day. That would have been 7 rounds in total. But the current round, starting at 12:00 PM, EST is reported to be the 7th. So, I don't know....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Walt In Seattle@21:1/5 to Walt In Seattle on Fri Jan 6 16:45:39 2023
    On Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 10:05:58 AM UTC-8, Walt In Seattle wrote:
    Kevin McCarthy has not managed to win his bid to become Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives after seven rounds of voting over two days. Round #8 will begin at 12:00 PM EST Thursday. To put it simply, a vote for Kevin McCarthy is a BIG
    mistake to be made by Republicans who should and probably so know better!

On January 6, 2021, McCarthy was ready to act on Donald Trump's role, or lackthereof, in the events of January 6, 2021 -- to ensure Trump answers for what he did and did not do that he should have done on that day as well as in previous time.
    McCarthy saw and spoke openly in what amounted to condemnation of Donald Trump without a direct declaration of it. Yet, in a relatively short period of time, Kevin McCarthy was at Mar-a-Lago visiting Donald Trump and apparently scheming with Donald Trump
    for a scenario in which the Republican Party would return as the majority party in the House and McCarthy would become speaker. Donald Trump would, of course, benefit from McCarthy's support for Trump as Trump campaigned for Republicans in the 2022 mid-
    terms and the Republican Party, in turn, would, with McCarthy's support, rally to bring Donald Trump forward as either a Republican King-maker or as a would-be candidate for President.

Do I have proof this was the quid-pro-quo between McCarthy and Trump? No. How could I be privy to what was probably a secret deal? Evidence or not, I believe it to be obvious insomuch as McCarthy's comments in the immediate aftermath of events on
    January 6, 2021 and his actions later make no sense unless Donald Trump had cut a deal with McCarthy that would be advantageous to both men -- McCarthy, in particular, as to McCarthy's ambition to become Speaker of the House.

I'm not sure where I went wrong on the number of rounds of voting. My count was 3 rounds on January 3rd, 3 rounds on January 4th until there was a break of a few hours for behind-the-scenes negotiations and a final round for January 4th before the
    House called it a day. That would have been 7 rounds in total. But the current round, starting at 12:00 PM, EST is reported to be the 7th. So, I don't know....

Kevin McCarthy is likely to become Speaker of the U.S. House Of Representatives tonight at sometime after 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PST January 6, 2023. The irony or foreboding implications of this date being the second anniversary of what happened at the U.S.
    Capitol, the effort to stop the certification of a valid and properly held presidential election, should not be lost on anyone reading this post!

Congress was, in effect, attacked and, with little or no doubt, was attacked in deference to Donald Trump or a twisted perception that such attack would be the right thing to do, neverminding that, in a nation ostensibly ruled by law, courts rejected
    claims of election fraud all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. We should NEVER forget that Kevin McCarthy saw what happened two years ago for what it was and gave voice to his understanding of it only to ignore that reality as soon as a political
    alliance could be established between McCarthy and Donald Trump.

As stated previously, Kevin McCarthy is the worst of hypocrites. (see my first post in this topic) Soon, McCarthy will not JUST be a hypocrite but could also become a gavel-wielding powerful disciple of Donald Trump or a man with the ability to implement
    his own agendas whom I do not trust to refrain from attacking Congress from within via strategies not unlike those used by Vladimir Putin to dismantle a budding system of democracy, turning it against itself until it would be inappropriate to use the
    word "democracy" to describe what Russia is in any sense of the word. After all, Kevin McCarthy is demonstrably an ambitious, self-satisfied politician who, apart from others or more so than some, can recognize that which is wrong as well as why it is
    wrong yet subsequently act in concert with those who act or acted wrongly. Why trust someone of this sort with a greater level of power than he already has?

Whether McCarthy realizes it or not, he is or could soon be Donald Trump's useful tool in Congress if not a powerful man on his own path with far less than a moral compass or an acceptably principled approach to the exercise of political power than we,
    the people, would prefer, and we ALL shall likely regret such outcome! That's my point of view regarding McCarthy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Walt In Seattle@21:1/5 to Walt In Seattle on Fri Jan 6 22:19:19 2023
    On Friday, January 6, 2023 at 4:45:41 PM UTC-8, Walt In Seattle wrote:
    On Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 10:05:58 AM UTC-8, Walt In Seattle wrote:
    Kevin McCarthy has not managed to win his bid to become Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives after seven rounds of voting over two days. Round #8 will begin at 12:00 PM EST Thursday. To put it simply, a vote for Kevin McCarthy is a BIG
    mistake to be made by Republicans who should and probably so know better!

On January 6, 2021, McCarthy was ready to act on Donald Trump's role, or lackthereof, in the events of January 6, 2021 -- to ensure Trump answers for what he did and did not do that he should have done on that day as well as in previous time.
    McCarthy saw and spoke openly in what amounted to condemnation of Donald Trump without a direct declaration of it. Yet, in a relatively short period of time, Kevin McCarthy was at Mar-a-Lago visiting Donald Trump and apparently scheming with Donald Trump
    for a scenario in which the Republican Party would return as the majority party in the House and McCarthy would become speaker. Donald Trump would, of course, benefit from McCarthy's support for Trump as Trump campaigned for Republicans in the 2022 mid-
    terms and the Republican Party, in turn, would, with McCarthy's support, rally to bring Donald Trump forward as either a Republican King-maker or as a would-be candidate for President.

That Kevin McCarthy continues to support Donald Trump while Trump supports McCarthy and McCarthy tends to dismiss or ignore the mounting evidence Donald Trump either acted to or was complicit in, if not having done nothing to prevnet, the actions
    of others to block the certification of vald results in a presidential election is not just hypocrisy as compared to what McCarthy had to say in the immediate aftermath of the events of January 6, 2021. It seems McCarthy has acted in contradiction to his
    I'm not sure where I went wrong on the number of rounds of voting. My count was 3 rounds on January 3rd, 3 rounds on January 4th until there was a break of a few hours for behind-the-scenes negotiations and a final round for January 4th before the
    House called it a day. That would have been 7 rounds in total. But the current round, starting at 12:00 PM, EST is reported to be the 7th. So, I don't know....
    Kevin McCarthy is likely to become Speaker of the U.S. House Of Representatives tonight at sometime after 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PST January 6, 2023. The irony or foreboding implications of this date being the second anniversary of what happened at the U.
    S. Capitol, the effort to stop the certification of a valid and properly held presidential election, should not be lost on anyone reading this post!

Congress was, in effect, attacked and, with little or no doubt, was attacked in deference to Donald Trump or a twisted perception that such attack would be the right thing to do, neverminding that, in a nation ostensibly ruled by law, courts rejected
    claims of election fraud all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. We should NEVER forget that Kevin McCarthy saw what happened two years ago for what it was and gave voice to his understanding of it only to ignore that reality as soon as a political
    alliance could be established between McCarthy and Donald Trump.

As stated previously, Kevin McCarthy is the worst of hypocrites. (see my first post in this topic) Soon, McCarthy will not JUST be a hypocrite but could also become a gavel-wielding powerful disciple of Donald Trump or a man with the ability to
    implement his own agendas whom I do not trust to refrain from attacking Congress from within via strategies not unlike those used by Vladimir Putin to dismantle a budding system of democracy, turning it against itself until it would be inappropriate to
    use the word "democracy" to describe what Russia is in any sense of the word. After all, Kevin McCarthy is demonstrably an ambitious, self-satisfied politician who, apart from others or more so than some, can recognize that which is wrong as well as why
    it is wrong yet subsequently act in concert with those who act or acted wrongly. Why trust someone of this sort with a greater level of power than he already has?

Whether McCarthy realizes it or not, he is or could soon be Donald Trump's useful tool in Congress if not a powerful man on his own path with far less than a moral compass or an acceptably principled approach to the exercise of political power than we,
    the people, would prefer, and we ALL shall likely regret such outcome! That's my point of view regarding McCarthy.

Kevin McCarthy has been voted Speaker of the U.S. House Of Representatives. However, it should be noted that McCarthy did not prevail without the influence of Donald Trump who called members of the House on McCarthy's behalf. It's all too obvious that
    Trump and McCarthy are inexorably linked or politically joined at the hip and it is Trump's intent that McCarthy succeed in that Trump's political future is probably dependent on McCarthy's actions as Speaker which will be crucial toward Trump's task of
    shaping a successful campaign for president in 2024 along with an effort to bring more Republicans into Congress before January 20, 2025. Let's also take notice that, on the 14th FAILED ballot, raw emotions among Republicans were on public display.
    Reportedly, there were F-bombs galore and near physical fights in front of C-SPAN's cameras. So, it's clear that all is not well in Republicanville and, even with the Speaker's gavel secured by McCarthy, any agenda McCarthy may have planned could easily
    fail.

In all of this, we have a picture painted of U.S. politics and governance that is absolutely embarrassing. It should not take 15 rounds of voting to select the Speaker; there should not be political backstabbing in public view; there should not be what
    amounts to bribery to obtain votes to the extent it has occurred or at all; there should not be successful influence on members of the House by someone so objectionable as Donald Trump. Unfortunately, the World will look at us -- the U.S. -- and think
    the brand of as well as an element of democracy available here is NOT at all what the World should aspire to have. Although it's true that the U.S. is not a democracy but a "constitutional republic", this is, without credible argument, a consummately
    TERRIBLE LOOK!!!

The political axis of Donald Trump and Kevin McCarthy begins NOW. We should expect such will NOT bode well for America..........

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05