• Hype, Hype, Hooray!

From MarkE@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 25 16:15:01 2023
    SURVEY - FROGS/BUGS IN A TEST TUBE?

Transcript from https://youtu.be/tNbl-g8QoAg?si=0l63sSl1P6ZVukIV&t=666

There was a recent survey regarding the primordial soup concept. The survey was drafted and conducted by John Narcum Assistant Professor of Marketing at Arkansas Tech University as part of a study entitled: "I thought we could do that pop culture
    clickbait and the academy's influence on perceptions of scientific accomplishment".

The question was asked, "Do you believe the following is true or false? Scientists researching the origin of life have created complex life forms from scratch, that is, in laboratory experiments that approximate earth's early atmosphere. Scientists have
    mixed chemicals believed to exist before the first life forms to successfully create complex life forms such as frogs. Do you believe that that is true or false?"

The second question, scientists researching the origin of life have created simple life forms from scratch, that is in the laboratory experiment that approximate earth's early atmosphere scientists have mixed chemicals believed to exist before the first
    life forms to successfully create simple life forms such as bacteria...72% percent of the people thought that that was true, 27% people thought false, from a total 715.

80 percent of them hold college degrees, either from an associate's degree all the way up to doctoral degrees all.

Let me enlighten you. Nowhere close, nowhere close. If that were true, whoever did that would have gotten the Nobel Prize. There would have been Nobel Prizes granted to that very, very quickly.

Nobody's ever come close to that.

----------

The salient point? It's "the academy's influence on perceptions of scientific accomplishment". Can't blame it all on populist science communicators.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Lawyer Daggett@21:1/5 to MarkE on Mon Sep 25 17:07:36 2023
    On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 7:15:48 PM UTC-4, MarkE wrote:

There was a recent survey regarding the primordial soup concept. The survey was drafted and conducted by John Narcum Assistant Professor of Marketing at Arkansas Tech University as part of a study entitled: "I thought we could do that pop culture
    clickbait and the academy's influence on perceptions of scientific accomplishment".

The question was asked, "Do you believe the following is true or false? Scientists researching the origin of life have created complex life forms from scratch, that is, in laboratory experiments that approximate earth's early atmosphere. Scientists
    have mixed chemicals believed to exist before the first life forms to successfully create complex life forms such as frogs. Do you believe that that is true or false?"

The second question, scientists researching the origin of life have created simple life forms from scratch, that is in the laboratory experiment that approximate earth's early atmosphere scientists have mixed chemicals believed to exist before the
    first life forms to successfully create simple life forms such as bacteria...72% percent of the people thought that that was true, 27% people thought false, from a total 715.

80 percent of them hold college degrees, either from an associate's degree all the way up to doctoral degrees all.

Let me enlighten you. Nowhere close, nowhere close. If that were true, whoever did that would have gotten the Nobel Prize. There would have been Nobel Prizes granted to that very, very quickly.

----------

The salient point? It's "the academy's influence on perceptions of scientific accomplishment". Can't blame it all on populist science communicators.

I'm tempted to say it's ironic that you are complaining about people believing misinformation but the term _ironic_ doesn't quite cover it. I say this is light
    of your shameless fraudulent quote mind from that protein translation papers, plus your shameless bushing it off because you were in a hurry. And you're piling it on here. The whole package sells the false view that Miller-Urey type experiments were ever about creating actual life in the lab. It's a lie that you won't
    hear from any remotely competent scientist. And I have no idea what particular "academy" your quote is trying to reference but that somebody in a Marketing department at a little known school that focuses on agriculture degrees claims that other people are claiming things is frankly nonsense.

To make the point, you need to quote some legitimate authority that is supposedly
    selling such nonsense. And that's obvious to anyone honestly trying to make the points you keep asserting. You might as well be citing your best friend's sister's
    boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going
    with the girl who heard someone say it. Quote the actual National Academy of Science, or the NCSE, or a biology textbook used in universities.

As per your other thread, it's full of this same sort of nonsense, constructing strawmen, vague allusions that people promised more than they ever do,
    and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like your quote mine.

As for how people answer a survey, there's a science behind that too. You
    can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers, and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no
    you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some
    answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about
    the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to
    your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to your mission.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MarkE@21:1/5 to Lawyer Daggett on Mon Sep 25 18:14:21 2023
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 10:10:48 AM UTC+10, Lawyer Daggett wrote:

The question was asked, "Do you believe the following is true or false? Scientists researching the origin of life have created complex life forms from scratch, that is, in laboratory experiments that approximate earth's early atmosphere. Scientists
    have mixed chemicals believed to exist before the first life forms to successfully create complex life forms such as frogs. Do you believe that that is true or false?"

The second question, scientists researching the origin of life have created simple life forms from scratch, that is in the laboratory experiment that approximate earth's early atmosphere scientists have mixed chemicals believed to exist before the
    first life forms to successfully create simple life forms such as bacteria...72% percent of the people thought that that was true, 27% people thought false, from a total 715.

----------

I'm tempted to say it's ironic that you are complaining about people believing
    misinformation but the term _ironic_ doesn't quite cover it. I say this is light
    of your shameless fraudulent quote mind from that protein translation papers,
    plus your shameless bushing it off because you were in a hurry. And you're piling it on here. The whole package sells the false view that Miller-Urey type
    experiments were ever about creating actual life in the lab. It's a lie that you won't
    hear from any remotely competent scientist. And I have no idea what particular
    "academy" your quote is trying to reference but that somebody in a Marketing department at a little known school that focuses on agriculture degrees claims
    that other people are claiming things is frankly nonsense.

To make the point, you need to quote some legitimate authority that is supposedly
    selling such nonsense. And that's obvious to anyone honestly trying to make the points you keep asserting. You might as well be citing your best friend's sister's
    boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going
    with the girl who heard someone say it. Quote the actual National Academy of Science, or the NCSE, or a biology textbook used in universities.

As per your other thread, it's full of this same sort of nonsense, constructing
    strawmen, vague allusions that people promised more than they ever do,
    and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like your quote mine.

As for how people answer a survey, there's a science behind that too. You can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers, and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no
    you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to your mission.

My commentary is non-expert and imperfect, but I do endeavour to be fair and accurate, and admit errors.

The more I look into the state of OoL, the more evidence I find that there is case to answer. I’m not alone.

I’m aware of the pitfalls of surveys, but even allowing for these, I think it reasonable to conclude here that significant misconceptions are common regarding the progress of science in this area.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?w5bDtiBUaWli?=@21:1/5 to MarkE on Mon Sep 25 23:42:22 2023
    On Tuesday, 26 September 2023 at 04:15:48 UTC+3, MarkE wrote:

----------

misinformation but the term _ironic_ doesn't quite cover it. I say this is light
    plus your shameless bushing it off because you were in a hurry. And you're piling it on here. The whole package sells the false view that Miller-Urey type
    experiments were ever about creating actual life in the lab. It's a lie that you won't
    "academy" your quote is trying to reference but that somebody in a Marketing
    department at a little known school that focuses on agriculture degrees claims

selling such nonsense. And that's obvious to anyone honestly trying to make
    the points you keep asserting. You might as well be citing your best friend's sister's
    with the girl who heard someone say it. Quote the actual National Academy of
    Science, or the NCSE, or a biology textbook used in universities.

and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like
    your quote mine.

As for how people answer a survey, there's a science behind that too. You can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers,
    and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about
    the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to
    your mission.
    My commentary is non-expert and imperfect, but I do endeavour to be fair and accurate, and admit errors.

The more I look into the state of OoL, the more evidence I find that there is case to answer. I’m not alone.

You probably collect those positions from political propaganda sites, because it has all "qualities" of that kind of misinformation. Any real scientist is allergic
    to it. None of them starts to discuss that level of garbage. It is waste of time.
    What scientist can get from it? Only that their results are debated as not fitting
    to some political norm. But reality does not care about politics.
    E pur si muove.

I’m aware of the pitfalls of surveys, but even allowing for these, I think it reasonable to conclude here that significant misconceptions are common regarding the progress of science in this area.

Reasonable is to conclude something from your ignorance? However often
    you claim it, it is still false.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Martin Harran@21:1/5 to Do you think Lawyer D is wrong in a on Tue Sep 26 08:52:04 2023
    On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 18:14:21 -0700 (PDT), MarkE <me22over7@gmail.com>
    wrote:

On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 10:10:48?AM UTC+10, Lawyer Daggett wrote:
    On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 7:15:48?PM UTC-4, MarkE wrote:

----------

plus your shameless bushing it off because you were in a hurry. And you're >> piling it on here. The whole package sells the false view that Miller-Urey type
    "academy" your quote is trying to reference but that somebody in a Marketing >> department at a little known school that focuses on agriculture degrees claims

selling such nonsense. And that's obvious to anyone honestly trying to make >> the points you keep asserting. You might as well be citing your best friend's sister's
    with the girl who heard someone say it. Quote the actual National Academy of >> Science, or the NCSE, or a biology textbook used in universities.

and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like >> your quote mine.

can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers, >> and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no
    you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some
    answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about >> the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to
    your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to >> your mission.

Do you think Lawyer D is wrong in anything he says above?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MarkE@21:1/5 to Martin Harran on Tue Sep 26 04:06:36 2023
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 5:55:49 PM UTC+10, Martin Harran wrote:
    On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 18:14:21 -0700 (PDT), MarkE <me22...@gmail.com>
    wrote:

On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 10:10:48?AM UTC+10, Lawyer Daggett wrote: >> On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 7:15:48?PM UTC-4, MarkE wrote:

Transcript from https://youtu.be/tNbl-g8QoAg?si=0l63sSl1P6ZVukIV&t=666 >> >

The question was asked, "Do you believe the following is true or false? Scientists researching the origin of life have created complex life forms from scratch, that is, in laboratory experiments that approximate earth's early atmosphere.
    Scientists have mixed chemicals believed to exist before the first life forms to successfully create complex life forms such as frogs. Do you believe that that is true or false?"

----------

plus your shameless bushing it off because you were in a hurry. And you're
    piling it on here. The whole package sells the false view that Miller-Urey type

the points you keep asserting. You might as well be citing your best friend's sister's

your quote mine.

As for how people answer a survey, there's a science behind that too. You >> can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers,
    and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no >> you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some
    the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to >> your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to
    your mission.

My response to LD answers your question.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From brogers31751@gmail.com@21:1/5 to MarkE on Tue Sep 26 03:45:21 2023
    On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 9:15:48 PM UTC-4, MarkE wrote:

----------

your quote mine.

As for how people answer a survey, there's a science behind that too. You can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers,
    and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about
    the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to
    your mission.

Someone interested in OoL can either
    (1) Read what you say about what others say about what OoL researchers say

or

(2) Read the actual research papers written by OoL researchers.

I think (2) is a better approach, and when I use it, I just see ordinary scientific research making slow progress on an interesting and difficult question, all the while explicitly laying out the difficult problems that remain.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Martin Harran@21:1/5 to it doesn't at all. You need to eith on Tue Sep 26 12:48:49 2023
    On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 04:06:36 -0700 (PDT), MarkE <me22over7@gmail.com>
    wrote:

On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 5:55:49?PM UTC+10, Martin Harran wrote:
    wrote:

On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 10:10:48?AM UTC+10, Lawyer Daggett wrote: >> >> On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 7:15:48?PM UTC-4, MarkE wrote:

Transcript from https://youtu.be/tNbl-g8QoAg?si=0l63sSl1P6ZVukIV&t=666 >> >> >

The question was asked, "Do you believe the following is true or false? Scientists researching the origin of life have created complex life forms from scratch, that is, in laboratory experiments that approximate earth's early atmosphere.
    Scientists have mixed chemicals believed to exist before the first life forms to successfully create complex life forms such as frogs. Do you believe that that is true or false?"

The second question, scientists researching the origin of life have created simple life forms from scratch, that is in the laboratory experiment that approximate earth's early atmosphere scientists have mixed chemicals believed to exist before
    the first life forms to successfully create simple life forms such as bacteria...72% percent of the people thought that that was true, 27% people thought false, from a total 715.

----------

your quote mine.

As for how people answer a survey, there's a science behind that too. You >> >> can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers,
    and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no >> >> you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some
    the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to >> >> your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to
    your mission.

No, it doesn't at all. You need to either accept that what he says is
    correct or else point out what parts you regard as wrong.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lawyer Daggett@21:1/5 to MarkE on Tue Sep 26 04:22:50 2023
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 7:10:49 AM UTC-4, MarkE wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 5:55:49 PM UTC+10, Martin Harran wrote:
    wrote:

There was a recent survey regarding the primordial soup concept. The survey was drafted and conducted by John Narcum Assistant Professor of Marketing at Arkansas Tech University as part of a study entitled: "I thought we could do that pop
    culture clickbait and the academy's influence on perceptions of scientific accomplishment".

The second question, scientists researching the origin of life have created simple life forms from scratch, that is in the laboratory experiment that approximate earth's early atmosphere scientists have mixed chemicals believed to exist before
    the first life forms to successfully create simple life forms such as bacteria...72% percent of the people thought that that was true, 27% people thought false, from a total 715.

----------

strawmen, vague allusions that people promised more than they ever do, >> and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like
    your quote mine.

can write the survey questions in ways that get all sorts of whacky answers,
    and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no >> you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some >> answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about
    your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to
    your mission.

Not in any remotely acceptable manner.
    You have distorted things in dishonest ways full of denial.

You complain that there's disinformation out there regarding OoL research,
    but are contribution more disinformation while blithely waving your arms about claiming the sin is the fault of science.

So one more time. If you are going to claim that science is distorting
    the state of OoL research, quote either OoL researchers themselves, or reputable Scientific Organizations. Enough of the hearsay about what
    somebody says somebody else say about what somebody said.

Then again, based on your interpretation of scientific papers you quote
    from, another move is to improve your reading skills on technical papers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MarkE@21:1/5 to broger...@gmail.com on Tue Sep 26 04:47:10 2023
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 8:45:49 PM UTC+10, broger...@gmail.com wrote:

----------

strawmen, vague allusions that people promised more than they ever do, and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like
    your quote mine.

your mission.

or

I think (2) is a better approach, and when I use it, I just see ordinary scientific research making slow progress on an interesting and difficult question, all the while explicitly laying out the difficult problems that remain.

I share the views those who seem to be dissenters with some credibility and substance to test them out.

Having posted to t.o on and off over many years, you get feel for the relative strength of a line of argument, and I'm noticing that putting forward dissenting views on OoL is eliciting more heat than light.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?w5bDtiBUaWli?=@21:1/5 to MarkE on Tue Sep 26 05:20:39 2023
    On Tuesday, 26 September 2023 at 14:50:49 UTC+3, MarkE wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 8:45:49 PM UTC+10, broger...@gmail.com wrote:

There was a recent survey regarding the primordial soup concept. The survey was drafted and conducted by John Narcum Assistant Professor of Marketing at Arkansas Tech University as part of a study entitled: "I thought we could do that pop
    culture clickbait and the academy's influence on perceptions of scientific accomplishment".

----------

strawmen, vague allusions that people promised more than they ever do, and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like
    your quote mine.

and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no
    you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about
    your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to
    your mission.

or

I share the views those who seem to be dissenters with some credibility and substance to test them out.

Having posted to t.o on and off over many years, you get feel for the relative strength of a line of argument, and I'm noticing that putting forward dissenting views on OoL is eliciting more heat than light.

Any publication actually worth discussing will be never discussed.
    For example that: <https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jacs.9b10796>
    "Spontaneous Emergence of Self-Replicating Molecules Containing Nucleobases and Amino Acids"

Scientists can show that (however our universe itself emerged) its laws
    are sufficient for self-replicating molecules to emerge spontaneously
    in it. But instead of discussing those interesting experiments we see
    quote mines, name calling and references to Miller–Urey 1952.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Martin Harran@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 26 15:41:50 2023
    On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 04:47:10 -0700 (PDT), MarkE <me22over7@gmail.com>
    wrote:

On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 8:45:49?PM UTC+10, broger...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 9:15:48?PM UTC-4, MarkE wrote:

Transcript from https://youtu.be/tNbl-g8QoAg?si=0l63sSl1P6ZVukIV&t=666 >> > > >

----------

strawmen, vague allusions that people promised more than they ever do, >> > > and exaggerations of the problems. The deceits are piled up thick, just like
    your quote mine.

and it's known how to do that. Are you unaware of that? Two choices, no >> > > you didn't realize surveys can be written to steer people towards some >> > > answers --- in which case you're in a poor position to be complaining about
    the ignorance of others; or you did know that but found it convenient to >> > > your purposes to present this "result" as if it was a meaningful support to
    your mission.

(1) Read what you say about what others say about what OoL researchers say >>
    or

Not my experience and I disagree with many people here on various
    issues. Most regulars don't get heated up with a view just because it
    is dissenting; they get heated up when they take the time to show the
    faults in an argument but the poster just ignores those
    counterarguments and goes on to post the same faulty argument over and
    over again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark Isaak@21:1/5 to MarkE on Tue Sep 26 07:55:27 2023
    On 9/25/23 6:14 PM, MarkE wrote:
    [...]

The more I look into basic mathematics workbooks, the more evidence I
    find that there are equations to answer. It's not just published works, either. I have seen in applied science and engineering that similar
    unsolved equations show up regularly. Mathematics must be in a state of crisis!

--
    Mark Isaak
    "Wisdom begins when you discover the difference between 'That
    doesn't make sense' and 'I don't understand.'" - Mary Doria Russell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kerr-Mudd, John@21:1/5 to Mark Isaak on Tue Sep 26 18:28:31 2023
    On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 07:55:27 -0700
    Mark Isaak <specimenNOSPAM@curioustaxon.omy.net> wrote:

[...]

find that there are equations to answer. It's not just published works, either. I have seen in applied science and engineering that similar
    unsolved equations show up regularly. Mathematics must be in a state of crisis!

It is. Ever since Hilbert came a cropper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert%27s_program

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundational_crisis_of_mathematics

(Maths Crisis! Readawlabahtit!

--
    Bah, and indeed Humbug.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RonO@21:1/5 to MarkE on Tue Sep 26 17:24:06 2023
    On 9/25/2023 6:15 PM, MarkE wrote:

----------

What good is the continued denial stupidity? Is there any creation
    science that you would want to see accomplished in your lifetime? When
    you have to depend on the denial and you can't build anything positive,
    what does that tell you about how bankrupt what you have been doing
    lately? We may never have some answers about nature, but what do the
    answers that we already have tell you about what the answers would be
    like if we ever did figure out something about the origin of life on earth?

The Top Six killed IDiocy on TO because most sane Biblical creationists
    have a limit as to how much they can lie to themselves to support their religious beliefs. The Top Six just tells any IDiotic type Biblical creationists that there isn't any science that they ever wanted to
    accomplish. It all would have just been more science to deny. Now you
    have Kalkidas claiming that the Top Six just are not of interest to him
    any longer. You have Bill claiming that he never supported the ID scam
    as it had always existed. God-of-the-gaps denial stupidity ended with
    the presentation of the Top Six in "their order simply reflecting that
    in which they must logically have occurred within our universe." The
    god that fills the Top Six gaps is not the Biblical god for the majority
    of Biblical creationists. You wouldn't be in denial of biological
    evolution if you could deal with the Top Six in an honest and
    straightforward manner.

The origin of life is #3 and you can't deal with it in relation to how
    it fits in with all the other Top Six best evidences for the creationist
    ID scam. You don't even want to deal with how the existing origin of
    life gap fits into your religious beliefs. You spent a lot of effort
    defining the gap, and what did you end up with? Any god that fills that
    gap would not be your Biblical god. That should be the end of your use
    of that stupid bit of denial.

Ron Okimoto

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?w5bDtiBUaWli?=@21:1/5 to John on Wed Sep 27 00:03:27 2023
    On Tuesday, 26 September 2023 at 20:30:49 UTC+3, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
    On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 07:55:27 -0700
    Mark Isaak <specime...@curioustaxon.omy.net> wrote:

[...]

find that there are equations to answer. It's not just published works, either. I have seen in applied science and engineering that similar unsolved equations show up regularly. Mathematics must be in a state of crisis!

It is. Ever since Hilbert came a cropper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert%27s_program

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundational_crisis_of_mathematics

(Maths Crisis! Readawlabahtit!

I suspect that it was Mark Isaak's point. Paradoxes and contradictions are
    easy to produce in every formal system. Nonsense is easy to express in
    every useful language. That is the whole essence of "foundational crisis",
    and supernatural entities should not be blamed in it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05