• [Web Feed] Done goofed Mr. Dong

From Feed Supplier@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 12 08:01:56 2021
    u/titanic_dong: /u/titanic_dong

Anyone curious about what I did to manage typing all of this out, I'll give you a hint to the soundtracks. "NIRATIAS"

So now lets get into where I believe you're wrong, *maybe* apologize for getting so aggressive for calling out your false confidence, then I *might* get to where I found you to be right.

"Covid 19 was closer to the flu than previous pandemics in scale. The more people on the earth, the more pandemics we’re going to get. The next one will be way worse IMO."

This virus has an easily modifiable and adaptive structure that promotes mutation. It's only a matter of time before it finds the magic key. The fact that its transmission vector is so efficient, once it finds that key, its game over. (Condensation
    Nuclei, surface tension, size, etc.) its almost a perfect storm but also pretty boring to talk about. Don't even get me started on the efficacy of masks and respiratory protection.

"That date came and went half a century ago man. There is no way for us to slow the warming cycle to what it was before the industrial revolution. That’s not how Thermodynamics works fam."

Here you go on to spew absolutes with limited knowledge even though "TheRmODYnaMiCs". Our warming cycle isn't solely determined by our actions. The only, and ultimate source of energy, is THE SUN. This is the statement that made me realize you don't even
    understand the solar budget in terms of the environment, again, even though "TheRmODYnaMiCs". Radiation in = Radiation out. Period. Plain and simple. However we don't live in a perfect example.

[Solar Budget]( https://phys.org/news/2018-06-scientists-lunar-mystery-aid-moon.amp: https://phys.org/news/2018-06-scientists-lunar-mystery-aid-moon.amp
    )

Above is a link to the solar budget concept. As you can see in the image our world isn't perfect.

Common atmospheric factors that will affect the solar budget are :

Water Vapor

Carbon Dioxide

Methane

Nitrous Oxide

Ozone

Chlorofluorocarbons

Hydrofluorocarbons

Particulate Matter such as PM10, PM 2.5, Particulate Black Carbon - Other Persistent and Localized PM

Nitrogen Dioxide

Sulphur Dioxide

Petrochemical Oxidants

Carbon Monoxide

Stratospheric Ozone Depleters

This list can go on for probably thousands of more lines - I hope it makes sense now. Al Gore took a small percentage of the overall concept of what affects climate and ran with it. It was cool for a few years. Then it just became lunacy that only
    considered Carbon, when gases like methane are 30 times more potent.

All of these gases/particulates can become suspended in the atmosphere trapping outgoing radiative heat in a positive feedback loop that keeps the solar budget out of balance through the night. To no surprise when the sun rises the next day to no
    surprise the budget doesn't start from 0 (thanks water). In our modern times its exacerbated lets say the budget starts at 10/100 normally, but with human industrialization and negligence that value starts even higher, say, 23.3/100. Now we have even
    more heat built up that still needs to be released (recall radiation in = radiation out). This contributes to anthropogenic warming drastically and some of the gases/particulates are being stirred up into the atmosphere an alarmingly exponential rate.

And this is just the atmospheric suspension component. Once you get into the localized fallout it gets even worse. The easiest way to see this is to look into urban heat centers. Masses of vehicles, air pollution, heat generation, concrete, lack of (
    healthy) vegetation, and in general, water content. The positive feedback loop in cities is ridiculous.

Now to the localized fallout.

Things like soot and particulate black carbon through combustion, and just the general aspects increasing airborne particulates (wind, refining, processing, travel, drought, storms), lead to increased cloud coverage (condensation nuclei), further
    greenhouse effect, and the destruction of vegetation health. After these particulates have wreaked havoc on the atmosphere, they tend to fall out locally (not far from the source). This, combined with inorganic structures such as concrete, asphalt, stone,
    and so on will lower the albedo of the surface. A lower albedo (darker) leads to increased conduction of heat, longer time to dissipate the heat, furthering the positive feedback loop. The products of combustion, chemical pollutants, and human
    negligence also have destroyed our carbon reservoirs (plants). Our deforestation has also reduced the soil reservoirs through increased erosion and drought. This erosion and drought is another positive feedback loop leading to airborne particulates.
    Luckily these particulates tend to fall out far sooner than those Our chemical pollution also alters characteristics of soil and reduces plant efficiency/health leading to decreased carbon capture. Humans have altered the surface of the planet so
    drastically and continue to do so on a daily basis. No wonder modeling and understanding out how the systems work is so difficult.

This is how we slowly creep into warmer territory (other that increased radiation in) and these are things that we *CAN* and *SHOULD* be working to correct, not just "CaRbON DiOXidE" like fucking Al Gore. The data from the first few months after the
    COVID lockdowns was fucking beautiful. The reduction in so many factors was JUST starting to show the good brought by humans chilling the fuck out. Then of course they couldn't help themselves and went right back into their habits. Sadly some things got
    WAY worse, as enforcement laxed, and people realized they didn't need to fear the consequences anymore (at least as long as there is a pandemic).

"The future of humanity will be determined by how we handle the catastrophe we have already released upon ourselves.

I think the idea that all this shit is going down soon is propaganda to get votes by manufacturing concern. Because the people yelling loudest about climate change do NOTHING to actually change the way we source our power. Al Gore, AOC, and all these “
    climate advocates” are completely full of shit. None of the changes they propose will do anything but handicap our efforts to create clean and renewable energy."

Oh boy, this is the one that really got me. While I can't agree with everything, and I found some of the lack-luster understanding of the topics comical, some of the green new deal is quite good. Cost prohibitive or not some of these actions really need
    to be considered. Humans are so selfish and neglectful of our home that its sickening. Our past was riddled with engineers, architects, and thoughts that were horrible ideas, and we are still dealing with these issues 70+ years later. Man made disasters
    because of a lack of foresight and understanding of how things work. Or maybe it was just the attitude of "fuck it, leave the problems to the next generation" that got us here.

Anyways lets dig into the GND :

"Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States."

Cool, some of this is good. Wages are shit. Family and Medical leave/healthcare, sure as long as it isn't socially subsidized. I refuse to shoulder the bill for hypochondriacs nor do I think the weak and diseased should be saved from natural selection,
    and if you're unable to care for a child because you must provide for that child, then you shouldn't have made that child. We already have enough issues with over-population and food distribution we don't need your poor decisions reducing the quality of
    life for everyone else. This ship has a specific carrying capacity that we are destroying/reducing day by day that we don't take action "for the sake of money". Paid Vacations, Yeah cool, but with caveats. After the pandemic we saw significant reductions
    in pollutants and generally "bad" factors pertaining to climate. These changes were gutted, and returned to normal levels within a few months, at least in the US. The pandemic also showed that hybrid work is a possibility. So, if you want paid vacations
    why don't we just create "climate periods" where we go back to how the lockdowns were a few times a year. Guaranteed time off for everyone, at a specified date for a set amount of time. It's probably the least we could do, but I can already see this
    would just lead to massive backups in traffic leading to higher levels of pollution furthering positive feedback loops. As far is retirement security the pandemic took care of a significant portion of this by killing off many of those who paid into
    Social Security, but hadn't claimed any yet. This could be good, but I only see this as a requirement if we continue down our negligent path.

"Providing all people of the United States with – (i) high-quality health care; (ii) affordable, safe, and adequate housing; (iii) economic security; and (iv) access to clean water, clean air, healthy and affordable food, and nature."

Most of this sounds good other than their proposed socially subsidized healthcare for the same reasons I stated above. I prefer not to go into much detail here because it would just be nit-picky.

"Providing resources, training, and high-quality education, including higher education, to all people of the United States."

Just study the people are Reddit, Lord knows a significant amount of people could use this. Not a bad idea. I'm sure plenty of people would prefer not to be monetarily trapped into a course with a shitty professor who doesn't care/know, let alone one who
    tries to indoctrinate you with methods similar to that of the Main-Stream Media manipulation.

"Meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources."

"Repairing and upgrading the infrastructure in the United States, including . . . by eliminating pollution and greenhouse gas emissions as much as technologically feasible."

"Building or upgrading to energy-efficient, distributed, and ‘smart’ power grids, and working to ensure affordable access to electricity."

Of course this would be good. Also, in order to maintain the efficiency and an appropriate level of pollution that allows us to manage our past decisions, we wouldn't need as much energy reserve. Our building systems for the most part have been terribly
    inefficient and we are now in an age where we could rebuild in astonishingly advanced ways for reasonable costs, unlike the past.

"Overhauling transportation systems in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector as much as is technologically feasible, including through investment in – (i) zero-emission vehicle
    infrastructure and manufacturing; (ii) clean, affordable, and accessible public transportation; and (iii) high-speed rail."

No qualms here, although they should be very careful with what they implement.

"Spurring massive growth in clean manufacturing in the United States and removing pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from manufacturing and industry as much as is technologically feasible."

This could be expanded on in so many ways it's not even fair to be so general in description. If this topic doesn't go into detail I would actually be scared as to what they might try and do.

"Working collaboratively with farmers and ranchers in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the agricultural sector as much as is technologically feasible."

This is a very good idea. Help the farmers save the soil and plants. There is no reason we should be growing massive amounts of produce to sell to other countries. It only stresses our soils for their profit. Farmers will say "if we don't do all of that
    how could we possibly afford all of our equipment and sunk costs". Your business model shouldn't have been based on that in the first place. Produce should be grown sustainably with methods like :

*Rotating crops and embracing diversity*

*Planting cover crops*

*Reducing or eliminating tillage*

*Applying integrated pest management (IPM)*

*Integrating livestock and crops*

*Adopting agroforestry practices*

*Managing whole systems and landscapes*

This produce should also be sold within its nation. Self reliance is key in an eco-friendly sustainable society.

For the most part
    u/titanic_dong: /u/titanic_dong
    was right in saying they are full of shit. Ton's of "activists" are because of their greed and negligence. Most of them have zero understanding of some of the topics I've mentioned yet they get center stage to keep promoting simple ideas. They feed us
    bullshit, and those who don't have a deeper understanding eat it up and are satisfied with a few LED lighting retrofits. Maybe it's because it would take hours to explain the whole picture (which is required to make the right moves) but they only get a
    few seconds to explain anything.

At this point I've grown bored with explaining the simple topics above so I'll move into the scarier topics and tie in some of the information. Some of the links below are to help you conceptualize and understand what I'm about to explain.

Albedo: http://www.sciencefriday.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/10-AlbedoUrban.jpg

Black Body Radiation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_body

Greenhouse Effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect

Condensation Nuclei: https://study.com/academy/lesson/condensation-nuclei-definition-examples.html

Positive/Negative Feedback Loop: https://www.albert.io/blog/positive-negative-feedback-loops-biology/

Urban Heat Islands: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_heat_island

Particulate Black Carbon: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2001JD001376

Deforestation: https://imgs.mongabay.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2017/01/13151931/0113-rubber-progression.png

Every alteration of our environment has an effect. Nobody seems to care to speak on these issues or cut them off before they get worse. Anthropogenic actions have not only harmed our environment, but constantly change our predictive models via the links
    above.

We have altered the albedo and reflectivity potential of the earths surface drastically since we began living "in a society" through expansion, industrialization, pollution, and deforestation etc. In terms of black body radiation and conductivity
    increased through Particulate Black Carbon deposition (along with every other damn pollutant and their varying properties) we keep feeding and increasing the strength of the negative feedback loop increasing heat, storm intensity, cloud coverage, and
    overall destruction of the planets ecosystems. We may just be data collecting, organic sensory vehicles, but we are killing ourselves too. Our national concrete land coverage has drastically changed the way our environment responds to radiative heat and
    naturally manages water/carbon. We have affected runoff, aquifer recharge zones, and carbon reservoirs enough that is a negative feedback loop of its own. Compound this with pollution and negligence and we have a massive problem (Hurricane Harvey). These
    masses of concrete, buildings, and lack of vegetation in urban environments foster the Urban Heat Island effect. Masses of people commuting across jammed roads leads to more combustion byproducts that fall out locally, increasing the masses of concrete
    and building's albedo/conductivity. Through conductivity (think black body and albedo) we have offset the solar budget massively. All of the vehicular wind disturbance, and human activity leads to more particulates in the air acting as Condensation
    Nuclei. these Nuclei enable larger cloud growth and longer, more intense tropical storms and abhorrent weather patterns inland. With increased cloud coverage, greenhouse gas effect, and reduction in carbon reservoirs abilities to store and hold Carbon we
    end each day out of balance. The longer we let this go on the bigger the feedback loop gets. At a certain point, through massive fires, negligent pollution/combustion this loop *CAN* reach a point where it becomes perpetual. This will plunge us into dark
    times, and a cooling cycle. The incoming radiation will be drastically reduced, but I couldn't say how significant or bad this could end up.

I know I can expand more into things like C3, C4, CAM plants, Ocean acidification, oceanic carbon reservoirs, keystone species, nitrogen fixation, fine particulate deposition in the polar regions (albedo decrease/temperature increase) leading to glacier
    melts (sea level rise), and thermohaline/oceanic circulation phenomena along with other topics, but I just hope at this point you see that I too, know what I'm talking about. Almost every single one of the subjects covered in this post could be expanded
    for hundreds of pages, taking hundreds of hours. Sadly I know that if I put in that effort it wouldn't bring any positive change. Mostly because I know I'm preaching to a choir of nobodies.

Don’t you realize that societies entire existence has been a struggle by the people to try and make things better? Whether it’s the Magna Carta, the US constitution, worker protections, the civil rights movement, Black Lives Matter etc. The idea that
    people have “been trying to improve the system for decades” is just a wildly simplified and incorrect perspective of history.

Of course i know that's the history of humans. We are highly conscious beings, and it's time we push for change again. We are far closer to shit hitting the fan than *ANYONE* realizes.

Lastly, I'd actually prefer the bolded portion. Its the quickest and easiest way to fix the problems. However I know how that makes me sound like an evil Eugenicist, so ethically I remove myself from positions of power because I hold that belief. Kind of
    like "God" staring down at all of the sinners in shame. To hell with them!

"If your plan somehow materializes(spoilers it won’t), I’m gonna make a lot of money. *Or me and a bunch of other people will die in the chaos.* Who knows!"

Anyone wanting further explanations or expansion/clarification just ask in the comments. It's time we all learn and stand up.

I'll also likely update this post from time to time to expand on where I got bored of explaining. I'll also be adding more links to studies

I hope you understand why we are trying to reset the system to gain immense wealth so *WE* can take over and get the ball rolling for once. Fuck bureaucracy and those currently in power being so reluctant to take any action. I guess the senators have to
    get their call/put options in before they make moves.

--
    Generated automatically from a Web feed

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)