• How to grow an exploding potato

From kenjohnson195105@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 1 10:27:54 2021
    For the novel I'm currently writing

How would you grow an exploding potato?

It has to be possible simply to pick one up or dig one up in a potato field and hurl it, as a hand grenade on the battlefield, and it will then explode powerfully.

You may edit the DNA of the seed, spray the crop with something, grow it in some special compost or other medium, or anything else you can think of.

Thanks, Ken Johnson, novelist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From entwickeln14@21:1/5 to kenjohns...@gmail.com on Sat May 1 12:17:10 2021
    On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 1:27:55 PM UTC-4, kenjohns...@gmail.com wrote:

It has to be possible simply to pick one up or dig one up in a potato field and hurl it, as a hand grenade on the battlefield, and it will then explode powerfully.

You may edit the DNA of the seed, spray the crop with something, grow it in some special compost or other medium, or anything else you can think of.

Thanks, Ken Johnson, novelist

You'd have to be quite careful, digging it up.
    Cuz, ya know, one firm rap with the trowel or whatever you're using to harvest and...

Maybe grow it hydroponically in a solution that has a high concentration of nitroglycerin, with the DNA modified so that it sequesters the nitroglycerin in little microsomes where it's gradually converted by enzymes into into a mix of nitroglycerin and
    TNT.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kenjohnson195105@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 1 12:54:38 2021
    On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 1:27:55 PM UTC-4, kenjohns...@gmail.com wrote:

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:17:11 PM UTC+1, entwickeln14 wrote:

You'd have to be quite careful, digging it up.
    Cuz, ya know, one firm rap with the trowel or whatever you're using to harvest and...

Maybe grow it hydroponically in a solution that has a high concentration of nitroglycerin,
    with the DNA modified so that it sequesters the nitroglycerin in little microsomes where
    it's gradually converted by enzymes into into a mix of nitroglycerin and TNT.

That's brilliant. I think it gives me everything I want.

Best wishes, Ken Johnson

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05