• Still sorry about the SMAC game

From Pr. Mandrake@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 10 23:56:54 2022
    Broke an alliance within five turns. I was not sober and panicked. You
    should have seen my position. We were both on a peninsula (mountains
    to the north, so I think you could call it that) and I was two tiles from the water. But there were options. I could have played it out. Alliances should mean more than five turns. I'm sure it's in a book somewhere about my disposition and had something to do with the 'chaotic' remarks. What I
    really need is to open up a dialogue. I play Escape from Monkey Island
    and other adventure games, and the guy has intelligence, some reasoning
    to his statements. I'm just trying to get past the 'I didn't hear that please repeat it stage' so often I speak in two words to be understood. I just don't know what it is that I can speak a perfect sentence and then, "What?"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pr. Mandrake@21:1/5 to Pr. Mandrake on Tue Oct 11 00:01:01 2022
    On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 1:56:55 AM UTC-5, Pr. Mandrake wrote:
    Broke an alliance within five turns. I was not sober and panicked. You
    should have seen my position. We were both on a peninsula (mountains
    to the north, so I think you could call it that) and I was two tiles from the water. But there were options. I could have played it out. Alliances should mean more than five turns. I'm sure it's in a book somewhere about my disposition and had something to do with the 'chaotic' remarks. What I
    really need is to open up a dialogue. I play Escape from Monkey Island
    and other adventure games, and the guy has intelligence, some reasoning
    to his statements. I'm just trying to get past the 'I didn't hear that please repeat it stage' so often I speak in two words to be understood. I just don't know what it is that I can speak a perfect sentence and then, "What?"

By the way that's a really cool game. But I never did get used to the low resource landscape.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)