• public declaration of friendship

From S E R E N D I P I T Y@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 30 08:20:07 2022
    Isabella said to me, "Darius has become a problem. Will you help me defeat him?"

I said, "Yes, let's get this war started."

Foolish Darius led an offensive against Chengdu. It was crushed, and then the modern armor made its way through city after city after city. Two puppet regimes and a razed city later, I'm looking at Susa, coastal capital.

Darius made a last ditch effort to dissuade me from the final capture. "Here is a sack of 243 gold coins and I'll make peace with the three city-states working with you," he said.

Making peace with them was only to his advantage, so his words rang hollow.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From entwickeln14@21:1/5 to S E R E N D I P I T Y on Sun Jul 31 03:40:06 2022
    On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 11:20:08 AM UTC-4, S E R E N D I P I T Y wrote:
    Isabella said to me, "Darius has become a problem. Will you help me defeat him?"
    Foolish Darius led an offensive against Chengdu. It was crushed, and then the modern armor made its way through city after city after city. Two puppet regimes and a razed city later, I'm looking at Susa, coastal capital.
    Darius made a last ditch effort to dissuade me from the final capture. "Here is a sack of 243 gold coins and I'll make peace with the three city-states working with you," he said.

Making oblique references to the current Russia/Ukraine spat?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From S E R E N D I P I T Y@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 31 20:29:15 2022
    On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 5:40:07 AM UTC-5, entwickeln14 wrote:
    On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 11:20:08 AM UTC-4, S E R E N D I P I T Y wrote:
    Making oblique references to the current Russia/Ukraine spat?

Chengdu is one of my cities. Darius was annexed 2 years later.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05