• Random Slashdot post on morality

From plateshutoverlock@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 23 12:45:24 2021
    Fuck this is the kind of resentment that for a while caused me to become a raging alcoholic, and by that I was a 24/7 drinker.

People telling me "how smart you are", and then treating me like complete shit as I was growing up.

Really, fuck them, and I hope if there is a hell, they are burning in it right now getting raped in every orifice by fiery demons.

Reply Share
    Flag
    Re: causation vs correlation (+1)
    dcw3 May 21st, 2021 6:33PM

Just because you're smart doesn't mean you can't be a "complete shit" too

Reply Share
    Flag
    Malays2 bowman a month ago

"Just because you're smart doesn't mean you can't be a "complete shit" too"

Before I wasn't. But now, I am, thanks to other people.

Just today, I saw a 20 year old girl getting beaten by another 20 year old kid with a skateboard. What did I do? Finished up my cigarette and took
    a walk. That's how apathetic and resentful I have become.

Honestly, I'm now at the point I hate people in general. As in people make me physically ill. I don't give a shit what anybody thinks
    of my post or me, I'm not going to sugarcoat things.

Reply Share
    Flag
    dcw3 25 days ago

"Before I wasn't. But now, I am, thanks to other people."

You're responsible for your own actions, regardless of what other people did to, or around you. Being exposed to shitty people (who hasn't been?) doesn't excuse any of your actions/inactions. You choose to either "man up", or become one of those people
    yourself. I hope you make the right choice.

If I see somebody being murdered/raped yes, I'll still intervene even putting my own life on the line to do so.

The fight I witnessed was allegedly over a stolen jacket. I'm not about to intervene in sonething like that, risking injury or even possible arrest. I'm not Superman, and I am not getting involved with a dispute between crackheads who play their stupid
    little games with each other. Espescially when I have important things to do, and I just happened to be there smoking a cigarette before taking care of my own business.

I learned long ago to pick my own battles.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)