• Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer apologizes after photo shows her vio

From buh buh biden@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 24 05:59:04 2021
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, talk.politics.guns, sac.politics
    XPost: alt.politics.democrats, mi.news

Michigan's governor has apologized after a photo showed her apparently violating social distancing orders at a restaurant.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) said Sunday that because everyone attending the gathering at an East Lansing bar and restaurant was vaccinated, she hadn't thought twice when servers pushed two tables together to accommodate the
    large number of guests.

"Throughout the pandemic, I’ve been committed to following public health protocols," Whitmer said Sunday, according to the Detroit News.
    "Yesterday, I went with friends to a local restaurant. As more people
    arrived, the tables were pushed together. Because we were all vaccinated,
    we didn't stop to think about it."

"In retrospect, I should have thought about it. I am human. I made a
    mistake, and I apologize," she added.

Photos of the gathering were first published by Breitbart News, a right-
    wing media outlet known for its former editor-in-chief's longstanding
    support for former President Trump.

Whitmer in particular has battled Republicans in the state for months over COVID-19 restrictions, and the latest headlines related to her violation
    of her own orders is likely to only accelerate calls for Michigan's restrictions to end.

Last year Michigan's state Supreme Court ruled against Whitmer's continued extension of a state of emergency, which she was using to implement
    lockdown measures to control the spread of COVID-19.

Violations of COVID-19 restrictions have vexed some state leaders in
    recent months amid frustration over state governments' handling of the pandemic. In California, Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) faced significant backlash
    after violating his own restrictions on public gatherings with a visit to
    the French Laundry restaurant.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/555005-michigan-governor- apologizes-after-photo-shows-her-violating-states

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)