• Texas Tower shootings 1966

From (David P.)@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 4 22:59:28 2022
    Whitman met with Maurice Dean Heatly, the staff psychiatrist at the UT Health Center, on March 29, 1966. He referred to his visit with Heatly in his final suicide note, writing: "I talked with a Doctor once for about two hours and tried to convey to him
    my fears that I felt come [sic] overwhelming violent impulses. After one visit, I never saw the Doctor again, and since then have been fighting my mental turmoil alone, and seemingly to no avail."

Heatly's notes on the visit said, "This massive, muscular youth seemed to be oozing with hostility [...] that something seemed to be happening to him and that he didn't seem to be himself." "He readily admits having overwhelming periods of hostility with
    a very minimum of provocation. Repeated inquiries attempting to analyze his exact experiences were not too successful with the exception of his vivid reference to 'thinking about going up on the tower with a deer rifle and start shooting people.'"

On August 2, an autopsy was conducted by Coleman de Chenar (a neuropathologist at Austin State Hospital) at the funeral home. Urine and blood were removed to test for traces of amphetamines or other substances. During the autopsy, Chenar discovered a "
    pecan-sized" brain tumor, which he labeled an astrocytoma and which exhibited a small amount of necrosis. These findings were later revised by the Connally Commission: "It is the opinion of the task force that the relationship between the brain tumor and
    Charles J. Whitman's actions on the last day of his life cannot be established with clarity."

Forensic investigators have theorized that the tumor pressed against Whitman's amygdala, a part of the brain related to anxiety and fight-or-flight responses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Johnny@21:1/5 to imbibe@mindspring.com on Tue Jul 5 07:12:22 2022
    On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 22:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
    "(David P.)" <imbibe@mindspring.com> wrote:

Whitman met with Maurice Dean Heatly, the staff psychiatrist at the
    UT Health Center, on March 29, 1966. He referred to his visit with
    Heatly in his final suicide note, writing: "I talked with a Doctor
    once for about two hours and tried to convey to him my fears that I
    felt come [sic] overwhelming violent impulses. After one visit, I
    never saw the Doctor again, and since then have been fighting my
    mental turmoil alone, and seemingly to no avail."

Heatly's notes on the visit said, "This massive, muscular youth
    seemed to be oozing with hostility [...] that something seemed to be happening to him and that he didn't seem to be himself." "He readily
    admits having overwhelming periods of hostility with a very minimum
    of provocation. Repeated inquiries attempting to analyze his exact experiences were not too successful with the exception of his vivid
    reference to 'thinking about going up on the tower with a deer rifle
    and start shooting people.'"

On August 2, an autopsy was conducted by Coleman de Chenar (a neuropathologist at Austin State Hospital) at the funeral home. Urine
    and blood were removed to test for traces of amphetamines or other substances. During the autopsy, Chenar discovered a "pecan-sized"
    brain tumor, which he labeled an astrocytoma and which exhibited a
    small amount of necrosis. These findings were later revised by the
    Connally Commission: "It is the opinion of the task force that the relationship between the brain tumor and Charles J. Whitman's actions
    on the last day of his life cannot be established with clarity."

Forensic investigators have theorized that the tumor pressed against Whitman's amygdala, a part of the brain related to anxiety and fight-or-flight responses.

I believe until recently all of the mass shootings were done by people
    with a mental illness they were born with, or acquired by a brain
    injury.

Today stupidity is the cause of some of these shootings. These people
    that do drive by shootings that kill or injure many people are not
    intelligent enough to foresee the consequences of their actions. Like targeting one person in a crowd.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From (David P.)@21:1/5 to Johnny on Tue Jul 5 09:43:29 2022
    Johnny wrote:
    "(David P.)" wrote:

Whitman met with Maurice Dean Heatly, the staff psychiatrist at the
    UT Health Center, on March 29, 1966. He referred to his visit with
    Heatly in his final suicide note, writing: "I talked with a Doctor
    once for about two hours and tried to convey to him my fears that I
    felt come [sic] overwhelming violent impulses. After one visit, I
    never saw the Doctor again, and since then have been fighting my
    mental turmoil alone, and seemingly to no avail."

Heatly's notes on the visit said, "This massive, muscular youth
    seemed to be oozing with hostility [...] that something seemed to be happening to him and that he didn't seem to be himself." "He readily
    admits having overwhelming periods of hostility with a very minimum
    of provocation. Repeated inquiries attempting to analyze his exact experiences were not too successful with the exception of his vivid reference to 'thinking about going up on the tower with a deer rifle
    and start shooting people.'"

On August 2, an autopsy was conducted by Coleman de Chenar (a neuropathologist at Austin State Hospital) at the funeral home. Urine
    and blood were removed to test for traces of amphetamines or other substances. During the autopsy, Chenar discovered a "pecan-sized"
    brain tumor, which he labeled an astrocytoma and which exhibited a
    small amount of necrosis. These findings were later revised by the
    Connally Commission: "It is the opinion of the task force that the relationship between the brain tumor and Charles J. Whitman's actions
    on the last day of his life cannot be established with clarity."

I believe until recently all of the mass shootings were done by people
    with a mental illness they were born with, or acquired by a brain
    injury.

Today stupidity is the cause of some of these shootings. These people
    that do drive by shootings that kill or injure many people are not intelligent enough to foresee the consequences of their actions. Like targeting one person in a crowd.
    -------------------
    Nobody listened to the biologists calling for Zero Population
    Growth 50 years ago, so population doubled, from 4 to 8 billion.
    There are at least double the number of nutcases, too, and
    probably a lot more....that's why we have communicable
    diseases: to remove the unfit!
    Mental illness: They're here, they're crazy, get used to it!
    --
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05