• Paradise / Garden Of Eden?

From David Amicus@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 20 13:48:23 2016
    I think most Christians believe that the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve dwelt was here on earth.

But from my limited reading I think Muslims believe it was not here on earth. And some hold that when Adam and Eve were expelled Adam went to Ceylon and Eve to Arabia and Adam met up with her there?

Many Christians believe the goal after death is to live with God in Heaven but for Muslims it is to return to that Paradise where Adam and Eve originally dwelt?

The prophets and martyrs go to Paradise after death but everyone else remains in the grave until the Day of Resurrection?

What is the story behind the idea that men will be given 72 virgins? And what reward will there be for women?

I seem to remember a hadith about an old woman going to Muhammad asking if she an old woman could go to Paradise. He told her no. That saddened her but then he added that she would first be made young and beautiful and go to Paradise.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Yusuf B Gursey@21:1/5 to David Amicus on Sat Feb 20 18:33:19 2016
    On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 10:20:03 PM UTC+2, David Amicus wrote:
    I think most Christians believe that the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve dwelt was here on earth.

But from my limited reading I think Muslims believe it was not here on earth. And some hold that when Adam and Eve were expelled Adam went to Ceylon and Eve to Arabia and Adam met up with her there?

Many Christians believe the goal after death is to live with God in Heaven but for Muslims it is to return to that Paradise where Adam and Eve originally dwelt?

The prophets and martyrs go to Paradise after death but everyone else remains in the grave until the Day of Resurrection?

What is the story behind the idea that men will be given 72 virgins? And what reward will there be for women?

Pious Muslims get 70 virgins, martyrs an extra 2. :)

(Yeah, for all that trouble only 2 extra from 70!)

The number is based on Hadith sources.

Jonathan Brown, a Muslim orientalist, says it was
    invented at a time of war when a ruler needed
    something for morale)

Women get to be with their husbands acc. to the Qur'an.

I seem to remember a hadith about an old woman going to Muhammad asking if she an old woman could go to Paradise. He told her no. That saddened her but then he added that she would first be made young and beautiful and go to Paradise.

Yes. That is the usual belief.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)