• What Is The Litmus Test For Being A Muslim?

From David Amicus@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 9 16:11:45 2016
    I think the bottom line for us Christians it would be the Trinity. There ar=
    e groups who call themselves Christians like the Mormons, the JWs, Oneness = Pentecostals, Christian Science etc. that deny the Trinity and thus put the= mselves outside the Faith. So not everyone who calls themselves a Christian=
    is actually one. Another example I think is the KKK. I don't see how anyon=
    e who burns a cross could be considered a Christian.

So what is it with Muslims? I'm an outsider. But I'd think is the finality =
    of the prophethood of Muhammad. =20

Shirk would be also but the problem there is how to define it. Some think t= hat praying at the grave of a holy person is shirk.=20

So what do others think?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Yusuf B Gursey@21:1/5 to David Amicus on Sun Jan 10 06:07:03 2016
    On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 12:20:03 AM UTC+2, David Amicus wrote:
    I think the bottom line for us Christians it would be the Trinity. There ar= e groups who call themselves Christians like the Mormons, the JWs, Oneness = Pentecostals, Christian Science etc. that deny the Trinity and thus put the= mselves outside the Faith. So not everyone who calls themselves a Christian=
    is actually one. Another example I think is the KKK. I don't see how anyon= e who burns a cross could be considered a Christian.

So what is it with Muslims? I'm an outsider. But I'd think is the finality = of the prophethood of Muhammad. =20

The mainstream view is that if you recite the Shahadah "There is no God
    and Muhammad is his Messenger" you are legally a Muslim and God
    is supposed to sort out the rest in the afterlife.

A corollary to the above is that the Qur'an is divine and Muhammad is the
    last prophet, but the Ahmedis fudge this last point.

Shirk would be also but the problem there is how to define it. Some think t=

That is the most important. Muslims believe that belief in one God is
    innate but may be corrupted later in life. So if an infant dies, he or she
    is a Muslim in God's eyes and so were the prophets and monotheists before Muhammad.

hat praying at the grave of a holy person is shirk.=20

So what do others think?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)