• panaceas of recovery

From -><+@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 10 22:46:11 2016
    XPost: alt.recovery.aa, alt.social-security-disability, uk.rec.psychic

panacea: Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases; once sought by the alchemists.

AA isn't a panacea for all ills or diseases. Some people can't stay sober BECAUSE of AA. Many people do stay sober thanks to AA, but only 20% of them do. Every member of AA with an ego shares their panacea of how they stayed sober. Maybe it will work for someone else listening, maybe it won't. One thing that can be sure about AA is that for every problem brought up as a
    topic in a meeting, if there are 20 people in the room there will be 20
    DIVERSE solutions to the problem, many of them contradicting each other.
    There is no single solution that helps every drunk. Even God. You can't suggest God to survivors of religious cults that prostitute women for money
    in the name of God and of Jesus. They may find their Higher Power
    elsewhere, if they ever do.

panacea: Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases; once sought by the alchemists of recovery, Bill W. and the Oxford group.

The universal remedy for all ills or diseases, if it exists, only paves the path for a universal virus to plug into it that wipes out the species.
    Thanks to the nonexistence of panaceas, there is less chance of that.
    Instead there is diversity, but even diversity isn't a panacea in itself.
    Rote diversity causes confusion and chaos. There are some unifying ideas
    and some diverse ideas. That horrible pathological idea that plagues some victims may in fact be the saving grace that helps others. Sometimes that happens.

"I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

That explains why the same voice that put me in danger's way, was the same voice that rescued me from it. God was just dicking around with me, honing
    my sword a little sharper. He couldn't have cared less if I didn't hearken
    and gotten killed instantly; God is no respecter of persons, and I was one
    of those persons He didn't respect, and still doesn't respect. God's love
    for me is all tough love, humbling me lower and teaching me new lessons
    every day, and He is infinitely full of new lessons. There isn't a chance
    for a repeated play for the opponent to recognize and build a snare. Every
    new lesson is different.

Human trafficking is a heinous injustice. Instead of obsessively saving
    souls, it may be appropriate to save flesh instead. How is anyone going to loose the grips of the captors over their captives? Might there be a
    compass needle in a Jesus freak's spirit that points the way to their salvation? Then what is it? And wouldn't law enforcement like to know?

I haven't figured that one out yet.

http://www.charleyproject.org/ lists 9,000 missing persons. I challenge anyone to go there, ask God what became of them and report it to the detectives. Their loved ones are waiting. Are they still living or are
    they dead? Where can they be found?

---
    This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)