• Re: 60.6% of committed relationships made more compatible

From Queer Senior@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 15 08:46:31 2022
    You are correct about compatibility. I have been involved in two long term relationships in my life, the first one was with an absolutely gorgeous guy I met, in all places, in the bookstore of the college I was attending in 1973. I was 18-years-old,
    but would turn 19 some 2-½-months later, while he was 6-months older. I swear we fell in love the moment we first laid our eyes on each other. After years of struggling with my sexuality, it was at that moment I was finally able to come to terms with
    the fact that I was Gay, Four days later, we both surrendered our virginity to each other. Our relationship began when we literally crashed into each other and it lasted for 14-years. Too, we both felt the same way about each other, which is why we
    were so dedicated to each other. That was why it was so heartbreaking when, in July of 1987, he was the innocent victim in a car accident that claimed his life (he was a passenger in a taxi that was hit hard in the rear end by a pickup truck that was
    driven by an impaired driver). I was devastated, and felt I would never meet someone like that again.

It took me quite a while to recover from his death. After about five years, in 1992, I entered into several brief relationships, but nothing worked. There just wasn't the connection my boyfriend and I had.

Then, after three years of relationships that just didn't have that connection, as I was coming to the realization that there would never be that person whom I really connected with, I met someone in 1995. We met, in of all places, a Gay and Lesbian
    bookstore. He was several years younger, but we hit it off. It was 1973 all over again. How much of a connection did we have? In 2000, well before same-sex marriages were legal (in Canada), friends arranged for us to have a marriage ceremony, and we
    even had a non-denominational minister officiate! We got married! It was THE most casual wedding ever! It was held on the beach at a restaurant, and our matching wedding outfits consisted of white t-shirts, white shorts, and white running shoes.
    Everyone else was in t-shirts and shorts too, including the minister!

Sadly, about two years ago, my husband had developed esophageal cancer. He had been complaining of extreme heartburn for several years, and the heartburn caused irreparable and irreversible damage to his esophagus. At his wish, he didn't want to be
    hospitalized, as COVID was running rampant, and he wanted to die at home. On July 12th, 2020 at the age of 58, he died! I held his hand as he died!

So now, I've lost my second soulmate. What will happen in the future? I doubt anything. I was fortunate twice to meet that one person I could connect with, the one person who I loved with all my heart and whom love me the same. It's only been two
    years since "David" died, and now that I'm in my late 60s, I think I'll just take things easy for a while.

🌈 sexygaysenior54@gmail.com 🌈

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)