• New edition of Library World Records

From The_Librarian@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 7 02:30:10 2017
    Dear librarians, students, academics and lecturers,

3rd edition of Library World Records has a new publication date: middle September 2017. This means around the time the summer holidays end and the school/college term begins, meaning pupils, students as well as bibliophiles can start the post-summer
    holiday period enjoying the new book.

The new updated reference book is 3 solid years in the making and will be the last update of the reference book as I focus more on my major ghostwriting projects. Hence I will also be launching a special website companion for the new book, the same time
    it is published, showcasing how the book has made all of us better understand the contribution libraries have made to our society for over last 5,000 years.

Library World Records was first published in 2004 after research work began on the book in 2002. The book was further extensively updated in a second edition in December 2009. After 15 years, I now turn to new challenges.

Library World Records provides over 600 intriguing and comprehensive facts about ancient and modern books, manuscripts, serials, librarians and libraries around the world.

Major Highlights of 3rd Edition:
    ISBN (13 numbers): 978-1-4766-6777-5.

* Over 401 pages, 156 new photographs. Includes a detailed bibliography, an appendix and a 48-page comprehensive index. Paperback (alkaline) edition, 7 x 10 inches.

* During research work for the first and second editions of Library World Records, the author sent out e-mails to several Internet-based bulletin boards for librarians around the world, asking for a vote on the most fascinating library buildings in the
    world they had visited or seen at home or abroad. The results of votes were published in the first and second edition of Library World Records and provided some surprises. I am pleased to say that there is a list of brand new nominations and winners is
    provided in the 3rd edition of the book. If you were one of the hundreds of librarians who voted in 2014/2015, be sure to check out the 3rd edition of Library World Records , when it is published in 2017.

*Although the book is aimed at librarians and the general public, the 3rd edition will now include an extensive lists of sources and further reading, making the 3rd edition invaluable to researchers, students and academics doing projects and
    dissertations.

*Special website companion for the 3rd edition, showcasing how the book has made us better understand the numerous contributions libraries have made to our society for over 5000 years.

More information about the new book is at:

http://www.lwrw.org

Regards
    Godfrey Oswald
    Library World Records author
    London, Britain.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)