• Afghanistan

From Tiglath@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 19 06:44:04 2021
    The first time I heard of Afghanistan outside school is when the hippies went around smoking hashish from that country, Black Afghan, if I remember correctly was a reference to the dark balls of hashish collected by women in Afghanistan by brushing their
    hands against the cannabis indica buds and rolling the sticky resin into a ball as it accumulates.

They are even doing better with drugs now, there are a narco state par excellence. The fact that we've frozen the Taliban's money assets, will compel them to expand opium cultivation even more.

Biden screwed the pooch so royally at the level of... "How can you spoil a hard boiled egg." The perfectly good idea of leaving that god forsaken country, executed so sloppily, without notion of what the operation entailed and what could go wrong. To the
    point that Biden has now the equivalent of a Berlin Wall for quite a few news cycled around Kabul's airport. This is Biden's responsibility, but it's the Pentagon's fault. General Milley should have spent more time on contingency plans and the withdrawal
    operation, and scale it appropriately instead of spending so much time writing a book. Bad general.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Peter Jason@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 20 07:57:58 2021
    On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 06:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Tiglath <temp6@tiglath.net>
    wrote:

The first time I heard of Afghanistan outside school is when the hippies went around smoking hashish from that country, Black Afghan, if I remember correctly was a reference to the dark balls of hashish collected by women in Afghanistan by brushing
    their hands against the cannabis indica buds and rolling the sticky resin into a ball as it accumulates.

They are even doing better with drugs now, there are a narco state par excellence. The fact that we've frozen the Taliban's money assets, will compel them to expand opium cultivation even more.

Biden screwed the pooch so royally at the level of... "How can you spoil a hard boiled egg." The perfectly good idea of leaving that god forsaken country, executed so sloppily, without notion of what the operation entailed and what could go wrong. To
    the point that Biden has now the equivalent of a Berlin Wall for quite a few news cycled around Kabul's airport. This is Biden's responsibility, but it's the Pentagon's fault. General Milley should have spent more time on contingency plans and the
    withdrawal operation, and scale it appropriately instead of spending so much time writing a book. Bad general.

There are others willing to take over..... https://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/cartoons-s3/styles/product_detail_image/s3/raum%20kacheln%20ffeii.jpg?itok=enDB1u_3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to te...@tiglath.net on Thu Aug 19 21:01:07 2021
    On Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 6:44:05 AM UTC-7, te...@tiglath.net wrote:
    The first time I heard of Afghanistan outside school is when the hippies went around smoking hashish from that country, Black Afghan, if I remember correctly was a reference to the dark balls of hashish collected by women in Afghanistan by brushing
    their hands against the cannabis indica buds and rolling the sticky resin into a ball as it accumulates.

Biden screwed the pooch so royally at the level of... "How can you spoil a hard boiled egg." The perfectly good idea of leaving that god forsaken country, executed so sloppily, without notion of what the operation entailed and what could go wrong. To
    the point that Biden has now the equivalent of a Berlin Wall for quite a few news cycled around Kabul's airport. This is Biden's responsibility, but it's the Pentagon's fault. General Milley should have spent more time on contingency plans and the
    withdrawal operation, and scale it appropriately instead of spending so much time writing a book. Bad general.

The following recent Youtube upload has already more than 3m views and over 23k comments:

Why Afghanistan Is Impossible to Conquer

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tiglath@21:1/5 to Peter Jason on Thu Aug 19 20:37:00 2021
    On Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 5:58:05 PM UTC-4, Peter Jason wrote:
    On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 06:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Tiglath <te...@tiglath.net>
    wrote:

There are others willing to take over..... https://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/cartoons-s3/styles/product_detail_image/s3/raum%20kacheln%20ffeii.jpg?itok=enDB1u_3

Yep.

What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.
    There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.

-- Sun-Tzu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tiglath@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Fri Aug 20 07:07:29 2021
    This poster thinks we can't go to YouTube and get our own links without having to depend on clicking the links of others.
    Given the CONSTANT thread of phishing, is almost impolite to ask people to follow links posted by anonymous people so frequently.

I rarely do so, and I am not anonymous around here.

On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 12:01:08 AM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:

The following recent Youtube upload has already more than 3m views and over 23k comments:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ed Stasiak@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 20 14:30:10 2021
    gggg gggg

doesn't post the link...

https://ibb.co/RGnqnCP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From SolomonW@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sat Aug 21 13:32:07 2021
    On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 21:01:07 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg wrote:

Yep for what he has done, Biden shows that he is an idiot

A better discussion on the subject is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejgPPZ39ITE

I think he makes some very good points.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tiglath@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 26 13:59:36 2021
    Score: Graveyard of Empires 3, Empires 1.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tiglath@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 29 09:26:39 2021
    The incompetence of the U.S military top brass is staggering. Absolutely Trumpian.

It's Biden's responsibility, but it's the general's fault.

Less time writing profitable books, General Milley, and more time developing contingency plans.

Explain to me how this is not incompetence if when there is a CREDIBLE threat from ISIS, they continue to use cordons of soldiers for crowd control and processing.

The measures in place AFTER the bombing should have been in place BEFORE the bombing.

They have the money and resources to build rapidly concrete walls and other anti-blast measures, and use cameras to effect the searching of people and document inspection REMOTELY, without risking going near the crowd. They couldn't think of or manage
    such low-tech precautions.

And the young men and women in uniform pay the price.

It takes two to tango. There can be Afghan corrupt officials only if there are American corrupt officials. The fraud the military engage in it's the Greatest Robbery of American Taxpayers, in our history. It's trillions.

The Pentagon doesn't get audited. It's a racket.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Old Man@21:1/5 to te...@tiglath.net on Sun Aug 29 16:08:26 2021
    On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 12:26:40 PM UTC-4, te...@tiglath.net wrote:

The Pentagon doesn't get audited. It's a racket.

The last time that the Pentagon was going to get audited was in 2001 and "somebody" dropped an airplane on the office where the files were stored. Dear me....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05