• Re: The Unholy Trinity of the Middle Ages

From Heiress of Dan Oracle of One@21:1/5 to Agamemnon on Fri Mar 18 08:45:10 2022
    On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 11:06:31 AM UTC-5, Agamemnon wrote:
    I was looking into the origins of the name Emmett which I assumed to be
    a European corruption of the name Ahmed since both are pronounced the
    same way, and therefore derived from Mohammed, when I came across
    something even more interesting.

The European corruption of the name Mohammed in the Middle Ages seems to have been Baphomet.

Baphomet was allegedly worshipped as a god of an unholy trinity by the Knights Templar before they were hunted down as idolaters and disbanded.

According to the Templars' side of the story Baphomet was one of three
    gods of the Saracens worshipped as idols, the others being Apollyon (destruction) and their chief deity Termagant all of which appear in literature, poems and plays from the Middle Ages even up to
    Shakespeare's day and even the 19th century.

Baphomet was obviously Mohammed, who as far as the Christians were
    concerned was worshipped by the Saracens as a god, and the Saracens gave
    no indication that they did not do otherwise since they were known as Mohammedans up until the mid 20th century and Islam was nearly always
    called Mohammedanism until then. The terms Islam and Muslim are
    relatively modern terms for the religion even though they appear in the Koran to refer to followers of Allah rather than Mohammed.

Apollyon is said to have been the Greek equivalent to Abaddon which
    appears in the Old Testament as a place and in the New Testament as an Angel, translated as the Destroyer.

The final god in this trinity was Termagant which is more difficult to figure out. One idea is that it derived from the Italian "Trivigante" meaning "thrice wandering" and became confused with "termigisto",
    meaning boaster, derived from Trismegistus meaning thrice-greatest and
    an epithet applied to Hermes.

Thus as far as the Christians of the Middle Ages were concerned the
    Saracens were idolaters and worshipped an unholy trinity which was the
    exact opposite of the Christian holy trinity.

Given this information and the fact that it contradicts the Koran, I
    have concluded that this unholy trinity was invented by the Christians
    to describe Mohammedanism as they saw it actually being practised.

Baphomet or Mohammed was the equivalent of Christ, but the Christians portrayed Baphomet as Satan.

Later Baphomet was associated with the Sabbatic Goat which I can easily
    see given the depictions of a bearded Mohammed in comics.

Apollyon describes the destruction caused by the medieval Mohammedans
    much like their modern successors ISIS, but it doesn't fit in too well
    with a trinity or Islam unless Apollyon is a god. I suggest that
    Apollyon is actually Allah as derived from the received pronunciation of
    El Elyon (Alohi Alygyon) meaning God the Most High.

Thus in this unholy trinity we have Apollyon as God the Father, Baphomet/Mohammed as god the Son, which leaves God the Holy Spirit to find.

Since the Holy Spirit is also know as the Word of God and Hermes Trismegistus was the Greek equivalent of the Egyptian god Thoth the god
    of knowledge and writing whose Semitic equivalent was Taautus, I propose that Termagant refers to the Koran, the word of god spoken to Mohammed.

Thus we have the Unholy Trinity of the Middle Ages complete. The Koran, Mohammed and Allah.

Being unholy rather than the Word proceeding from God or God and Christ
    as in the Holy Trinity, Allah and Mohammed proceed from the Word of the Koran, thus making Termagant the Mohammedan chief deity.

The question is since the Christians thought the Mohammedans were polytheistic idolotors were they really and when was this polytheism suppressed?
    There is one thing everyone seems to forget and there is plenty of scholar on this subject. Muslims were better sorcerers and who ever is the best mage wins, it is no different in politics now. Who holds this power is both feared and venerated and yes,
    these 2 sides swore to fight t the end. Christianity should have been pluralistic not dualistic not about the duals between light and dark, but that is exactly what it became. So both old Testament religions are still at it to this day. The unholy
    trinity in dark mage is when you take on a demon as the guardian angel of ones gates and it lives through you so that you can actualize or become your highest power. No matter what side you use, it is still about the power. Sadly, this is what natural
    order once harnessed is used for. Good and evil, not life and peace for all

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)