• Announcement: DNA Project proposal accepted, stay tuned for more inform

From mkrm200@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 1 06:28:09 2018
    To all SGGEE forum members,

The SGGEE board has approved the DNA project proposal.
    More information will be forthcoming after the convention.
    Also, there will be a presentation on this in some manner at the convention.

For those who have already DNA-tested and submitted your results to me, I have transferred this information to Earl Schultz, who will be heading the DNA project.

Family Tree DNA, 23andme, MyHeritage, and Ancestry all had sales on DNA testing last week in commemoration of DNA Day. Future sales are likely around Mother's Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, and so forth.

If you are mainly interested in autosomal testing, Ancestry is a good place to begin. Results from this test can be transferred to Family Tree DNA Family Finder at no cost (and for an additional $10 you can unlock all your cousin matches in their
    database). 23andme is also a great autosomal test and these results can be transferred the same as Ancestry to Family Finder.

For Y-DNA (male lineage only) and for mtDNA (female lineage only) testing, Family Tree DNA is your resource.

I will keep abreast of the sales and post to the forum when I see them.
    I believe there is one at FTDNA now, but it is not as good as what they offered over DNA Day for the autosomal test ($59 now, was $49, but if $10 is negligible to you, go for it!)

A big thank you to everyone who expressed interest in this project!

Marcia Ritke-Momose

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)