• Schoolmann Family from Ostfriesland

From Steven C@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 22 10:32:36 2018
    I'm interested in sharing family history or discovering more information on my earliest known direct Frisian ancestors: Vitus Rudolph Scholemann (1625-1685) and his son Eberhard Scholemann (ca. 1650-bef. 1700). They were born outside the area having
    come to Frisia from Osnabrueck in Lower Saxony as pastors. They at one point in time had churches in the Baltrum area and later in Amdorf in the Leer district. The surname evolved into Schoolmann. The largest concentration of Schoolmanns seems to be
    around Norden and Hage and surround villages and towns. My great great grandfather Meino (Maino) Aldrich Schoolmann was a sailor who left Norden settled in Vegesack and Bremerhaven. I believe he later worked for the Hamburg America Line, but I'm not sure
    in what capacity.

I have several scans and transcriptions of a number of descendants from this line. I am especially interested in anyone who lives in or is in some way connected with Ostfriesland and may know or have easy access to the local history. The fact that Vitus
    and Eberhard were clergyman might make it more likely there is information about them.

I am trying to locate more potential descendants that emigrated to the US. One Schoolmann family (Gerd or Gerhard Albrecht Schoolmann and wife Maria Osterkamp) that settled in eastern Iowa is very likely a related branch. I will do a separate post on
    them.

Please respond if you have further information or if you want to connect and share my information.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)