• Otterstadt, Germany

From jamesjosephalbright@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Duncaha on Mon Apr 16 19:55:56 2018
    On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 9:24:11 AM UTC+11, Duncaha wrote:
    Hi Gerard,

Are you still looking for info regarding Otterstadt families? There is a lovely thesis written about the 1852 emigration scheme that brought 30 of Otterstadt's poorest families to Ontario. Several years ago I was able to obtain a copy of the 113 page
    thesis from Wesleyan College in the Eastern USA. Wolfgang grew up in Otterstadt and returned for 6 months while he was researching the town rcds for info to be used in his thesis. The thesis is filled with delicious DETAILS. My 3rd great grandfather Adam
    Rohr was a habitual thief, stealing wood and game from the king!!! The thesis states that the entire TOWN turned out to bid the families good-bye. How the emigrants slept out in the open because there had been an issue with tickets for shelter. . . You
    will want a copy of this thesis if your family was targeted for this emigration scheme!!

http://www.worldcat.org/title/aspects-of-palatine-emigration-independent-and-community-subsidized-emigration-from-otterstadt-1816-1852/oclc/29999313

Patti Hacht
    Lakeville, Michigan
    USA

My family, which is descended from Karl Albrecht, the oldest son of Georg Fredrick Albrecht and Maria Hauck, were members of the Otterstadt party that emigrated to Canada in 1852. It has been difficult to learn much about the Albrecht family prior to
    that date. Unfortunately, I now live and work in Australia. Do you have any suggestion as to how I might access this thesis or learn more about the Albrechts. My family intermarried with another Otterstadt family, the Aultmans, who settled with my family
    in various parts of Ontario and later Sask.
    Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
    Kind regards,
    James Albright
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Duncaha@21:1/5 to jamesjose...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 17 22:29:49 2018
    There is a wonderful online site. They have a book for Otterstadt (and others in the area too) that will probably have information about your ancestors. You will have to register, and it is a bit confusing. The site is at: http://www.ahnenpuzzle.com/
    begin.asp

I had a lot of trouble registering and I now have an email address for the owner of the board. If you can't figure out how to register, let me know and I'll send you the BO's address.

Patti
    duncaha@gmail.com
    Lakeville, Michigan USA

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 10:55:57 PM UTC-4, jamesjose...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 9:24:11 AM UTC+11, Duncaha wrote:
    Hi Gerard,

Are you still looking for info regarding Otterstadt families? There is a lovely thesis written about the 1852 emigration scheme that brought 30 of Otterstadt's poorest families to Ontario. Several years ago I was able to obtain a copy of the 113 page
    thesis from Wesleyan College in the Eastern USA. Wolfgang grew up in Otterstadt and returned for 6 months while he was researching the town rcds for info to be used in his thesis. The thesis is filled with delicious DETAILS. My 3rd great grandfather Adam
    Rohr was a habitual thief, stealing wood and game from the king!!! The thesis states that the entire TOWN turned out to bid the families good-bye. How the emigrants slept out in the open because there had been an issue with tickets for shelter. . . You
    will want a copy of this thesis if your family was targeted for this emigration scheme!!

http://www.worldcat.org/title/aspects-of-palatine-emigration-independent-and-community-subsidized-emigration-from-otterstadt-1816-1852/oclc/29999313

Patti Hacht
    Lakeville, Michigan
    USA

My family, which is descended from Karl Albrecht, the oldest son of Georg Fredrick Albrecht and Maria Hauck, were members of the Otterstadt party that emigrated to Canada in 1852. It has been difficult to learn much about the Albrecht family prior to
    that date. Unfortunately, I now live and work in Australia. Do you have any suggestion as to how I might access this thesis or learn more about the Albrechts. My family intermarried with another Otterstadt family, the Aultmans, who settled with my family
    in various parts of Ontario and later Sask.
    Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
    Kind regards,
    James Albright
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)