• surnames and town HOHLT & Westerville

From Lance Holt@21:1/5 to jim hohlt on Sat Aug 1 22:55:46 2020
    On Thursday, October 9, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, jim hohlt wrote:
    hi i hope someone can help or point me in the right direction!! i"m looking for surname HOHLT and HEINN they were in Germany and i'm sure are still there. my relatives lived in or near a town WESTERVILLE. Not on any maps today possible changed name after war??? anyone ? also have the grade card from my GREATGRANDFATHER from a school named WESTRUPT. the came over in the 1840s- 1890's. settled in Marion and Fayette County Illinois near the towns of Kinmundy and Farina. Please let know if any trace of these towns or
    people are around. thank you. (my father wants to visit soon)

Wow! This is an old post! I am looking for any men with the surname Hohlt who descend from the Hohlt families from Westrup, Westfalen, Prussia who may have had their yDNA tested? My paper trail leads all the way back to at least 1725.... Conceivably I
    guess I might even match with atDNA up to 1760 in a perfect World. Many of them emigrated to Amerika in about 1840ish and landed in Illinois where they spread out from there. I hope I hear from someone in less than 23 years? (Post is from 1997?) Thanks.

Cheers,

Lance Holt

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)