• S.S. Karlsruhe: Brement to Baltimore, 16 May 1890

From mfindling123@gmail.com@21:1/5 to John on Thu Mar 15 20:09:45 2018
    On Saturday, April 24, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, John wrote:
    Can anybody help me find information about the S.S. Karlsruhe? Germans to America shows my great grandmother Johanna Braun arriving on it with her parents, Christoff and Louise Braun, and her siblings on May 16, 1890 at Baltimore. The ship was from Bremerhaven.

I know I will need to check the microfilm of the passenger list for accuracy and possible additional details. Does anybody already have a photo of the ship that they can share, or any details of this particular voyage?

Thank you for any assistance,

John C. Engel
    West Allis, WI 53219 http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/e/n/g/Debra-A-Engel/

If you look on ships of our ancestors...google that...it brings up a book and in the book there is a picture of this ship as it is being built. I have photocopy of the ship while it is in the water since my great grandfather was apparently a captain or
    something like that of this ship. Since he died in Bombay and we have pictures of him in uniform this appears to be true. The company that owned the ship has since then merged/bought other lines and is now called HAPAG-LLOYD. I am planning to write to
    them to see what information I can get on them. Hope that helps. I can send you a copy of the boat if you like. mfindling@shaw.ca

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)