• Slaback family

From madcity2040@gmail.com@21:1/5 to chaplain...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 20 19:14:47 2019
    On Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 9:46:15 PM UTC-5, chaplain...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, July 20, 2002 9:05:45 AM UTC-5, Ed wrote:
    This is my first post so if I don't do it correctly, please forgive me. I am
    researching the following names:

Slaback
    Slayback
    Slabaugh
    Sleighboch

I have traced my lineage back to William Slaback born 10/05/1833 in Sheffeld
    Township, Tippecanoe County, Inidiana, US.

Here is some additional info that I've discovered.

The record of the ship "The Pink Mary" and the passenger list in 1733 is listed in the records! Also there's a record of David Slayback becoming a United States citizen along with a man named Hammer who came over with
    him on that ship from Rotterdam. Rotterdam is where they caught the ship but as far as them having come from Holland that's not so, they were only there long enough to catch the boat for America. They originally came from Zwibrouken, Germany.... close to the French border of Alsace Lorraine and Alsace is where David b. 1720 was born.

Any help would be appreciated.

Some people believe that the father of Johannes Schaback is Johan Schlappach born in 1661 in Eriz, Thun District, Switzerland. He married Verena Dutchi, born ca 1669. The family moved to Holland in 1711 and may have later settled in Alsace France.
    This information is from the book "The Kickapoo Quintet" written by Russell and Alice Williams. Alice was my grandmothers sister and she was the daughter of Mildred Slaback, the daughter of Albert Slaback, the son of William Slaback, the son of David
    Slaback, the son of Hohannes Schlabach, the son of Johan Schlappach. *************************
    If anyone knows how to get a copy or this book, please email me at dawnstrassman@yahoo.com. I'm borrowing it from the library, but I'd like my own copy!

Thank you, Dawn

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)