• Re: Cartularies of Southwick Priory

From robert.thecomputerman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to mj...@btinternet.com on Wed Oct 13 08:38:47 2021
    On Saturday, November 4, 2006 at 2:27:26 PM UTC-4, mj...@btinternet.com wrote:
    I had a spot of luck this afternoon, being in Winchester: the Hampshire Records Office was having a sale of some of the Hampshire Records
    Series volumes, at a mere five pounds each.
    I snapped up the two-volume set of the Cartularies of Southwick Priory, edited by K.A. Hanna, volumes 9 & 10 in the series and published in
    Again, I would be happy to do look ups of these if anyone has an
    interest.
    Families who feature heavily in the index include Tal(e)bot, Sutton, de Southwick, Stake, de Say, de Portsea, Pont de l'Arche, Parmentier,
    Oysel, Molend', Long, Kingston, Hurt, de l'Isle, Hommet, de Horsham,
    Heriard, Hoo, le Hay, de la Hale, Goleigh, Gemynges, Forz (of Aumale),
    de Falaise, Cosham, Burgeys, Brocas, Brockhurst, Brut, de Boarhunt
    [very prominent, with a tree sketched at Appendix VII], de Bere, de
    Bello Alneto/Belney, Aynolf and Cissor.
    I also picked up the Hampshire Hearth Tax of 1665 (Vol 11, 1991).
    MA-R
    Hello , if you are still doing look-ups from the Cartularies of Southwick, please look for:
    1. A person named Jocelin Burhunt or Borhunt, and try to ascertain his earliest date ot time frame.
    2. Any entries for Scures family and a for "Richard son of Roger, son of Anschetil". or "Richard son of Roger"
    3. Any entry for the 3 Cosham brothers Pierre ( Peter), William and Thomas Cosham, who were followers and bowman being with Fulf fitz Warin the outlaw.
    4. Any Palmer or Plamarius entry.

Thank you,
    Robert

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)