• Thomas Kingeston and Alice de Poynings?

From Thomas Dudley-Bonnett@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 21 08:21:06 2023
    Hello,
    Does anyone know the identity of the Sir Thomas Kingeston/Kingston who marries Alice de Poynings, daughter of Sir Hugh Poynings, Baron St John?

I'm wondering if this is the Thomas Kingeston/Kingston of Kingston Bagpuize, Berkshire. Son of Sir John Kingeston/Kingston and Elizabeth Chelrey/Childrey.

Alice is given as aged 19 in 1429 at her grandfather, Sir Thomas Poyning's death (Sir Hugh died in 1426), Her IPM is issued 1439, Where her son Thomas Kingeston/Kingston is aged 3 1/2 (Born c1436).
    On a Poynings pedigree in the Sussex Archaeological Collections, Alice's son Thomas is given as 'Thomas Kingeston, of Shute, Devon' but I cant find anything about a Kingeston family there. The age of this Thomas fits perfectly into being the Thomas
    Kingeston of Kingston Bagpuize who dies in 1506. Father of Katherine Kingeston who married Sir Nicholas Malory. On another pedigree it was stated that this Katherine ''Descended from the Plantagenets'', The only link I could see that made sense is if she
    was descended from this Alice. Alice's grandmother was Eleanor/Alianore Mowbray and one of this Eleanor's grandmothers was Margaret, Duchess of Norfolk (Daughter of Thomas of Brotherton) and another grandmother being Joan of Lancaster (Daughter of Henry
    of Monmouth).

Is there any information out there that could help in indentifying?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Thomas Dudley-Bonnett@21:1/5 to Thomas Dudley-Bonnett on Fri Apr 21 09:54:19 2023
    On Friday, 21 April 2023 at 16:21:07 UTC+1, Thomas Dudley-Bonnett wrote:
    Hello,
    Does anyone know the identity of the Sir Thomas Kingeston/Kingston who marries Alice de Poynings, daughter of Sir Hugh Poynings, Baron St John?

I'm wondering if this is the Thomas Kingeston/Kingston of Kingston Bagpuize, Berkshire. Son of Sir John Kingeston/Kingston and Elizabeth Chelrey/Childrey.

Alice is given as aged 19 in 1429 at her grandfather, Sir Thomas Poyning's death (Sir Hugh died in 1426), Her IPM is issued 1439, Where her son Thomas Kingeston/Kingston is aged 3 1/2 (Born c1436).
    On a Poynings pedigree in the Sussex Archaeological Collections, Alice's son Thomas is given as 'Thomas Kingeston, of Shute, Devon' but I cant find anything about a Kingeston family there. The age of this Thomas fits perfectly into being the Thomas
    Kingeston of Kingston Bagpuize who dies in 1506. Father of Katherine Kingeston who married Sir Nicholas Malory. On another pedigree it was stated that this Katherine ''Descended from the Plantagenets'', The only link I could see that made sense is if she
    was descended from this Alice. Alice's grandmother was Eleanor/Alianore Mowbray and one of this Eleanor's grandmothers was Margaret, Duchess of Norfolk (Daughter of Thomas of Brotherton) and another grandmother being Joan of Lancaster (Daughter of Henry
    of Monmouth).

Is there any information out there that could help in indentifying?
    Henry, 3rd Earl of Lancaster, not Monmouth*

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)