• Who were the parents of Dorotea von Tiesenhausen, till Lekeberga?

From Richard Legge@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 3 10:13:29 2023
    My great grandfather was an illegitimate child of a Lutheran minister from from Dalarna, Sweden named Isaak Adolf Wesstrom, who was descended from the Tiesenhausen family of Estonia. The Svenska adelns Ättar-taflor utgifna by Gabriel Anrep, vol 1
    states that Dorotea von Tiesenhausen, till Lekeberga who married Reinhold Anrep, till Soor, was the daughter of Fromhold Johansson von Tiesenhaus, till Berson & Gertrud Reinholdsdotter von Tiesenhausen, till Waldenhoff.
    The difficuly I am having in confirming her parentage is twofold. First, the Tiesenhausen family intermarried very often, naming their children with the same forenames in the same generation. This causes a lot of confusion differentiating between
    individuals, many of whom have been conflated into one person. The second difficulty is that most genealogies of the Tiesenhausen make Fromhold and Gertrud 1st cousins, which I find problematic.
    Does anyone know of books or websites in which I might look to find a sourced pedigree of this family?

thanks,

Richard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)