• Wynter/Winter/Wintour of Dyrham

From Rebecca James@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 9 15:09:34 2021
    I am wondering if anyone has conducted much research in this family and can prove or disprove the following.

The pedigrees of the Wynter family of Durham provide, that John Winter/Wynter the heir of George Winter/Wynter who purchased Durham had a son Benedict who was baptised 1597.

As far as I can tell, the following line of descent does not have records to back it up.

A Bennett/Benedict Winter married Alice Burnham in Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire and had sons Thomas (bap 1627), Richard (bap 1629) and William (bap 1635). I can't find proof that this Bennett/Benedict is the same person as Benedict, son of John Winter
    of Dyrham.

Thomas baptised 1627 is claimed to have immigrated to America and if this lineage is correct could be a gateway ancestor through the Tirrey family.
    Richard baptised 1629 is claimed to have moved to Upton Cum Chalvey, Buckingham, and had William (bap 1654), Richard (bap 1655) and Thomas bap 1658).

Lastly there is another move, with Richard bap 1655 marrying Martha Lake in Wokingham, and having a number of children. He occupation was a wheelwright.

I would love to be able shore up and prove that Richard of Wokingham, is the Richard, son of Richard Winter, of Upton cum Chalvey, who in turn was the son of Bennett Winter of Long Crendon, son of John Winter of Dyrham but I am also concerned that this
    could be a manufactured lineage.

If anyone has conducted any research into this family, and could share your opinions I would be very grateful.

Rebecca

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 10 18:29:01 2021
    You might start here

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_p=1600&_q=Dyrham+Wynter

42 documents

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Adrian Channing@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 11 11:47:15 2021
    If you have not seen it, you may find some extra details at the following: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~pillagoda/genealogy/
    Try Chapter 9 Admiral
    This work was posted by my late cousin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05