• Re: Dubois

From Jinny Wallerstedt/Girl 57@21:1/5 to jk...@students.uwf.edu on Wed Feb 22 12:34:48 2023
    On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 7:29:59 PM UTC-4, jk...@students.uwf.edu wrote:
    On Monday, September 16, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, mrsan...@aol.com wrote:
    Becky, I have had several responses to my posting about the ancestry of Chretian Dubois of Wicres, France. Without exception, everyone seems to accept the information outlined in Murphey's book on the European ancestry of Chretian. While I have some reservations, I accept these lines of descent also. However, I am curious to find out if anyone else has done any research to follow up or expand on the information outlined in his book. By the way, I do believe that I have discovered a line of descent from Philip V of France. However, that is conditional upon the ancestry outlined by Murphy. Research conducted many years ago looked at one Wallerand Dubois as the father of Chretian. However, I have found that at least one genealogist has proclaimed that Wallerand Seigneur De Beauframez removed from France and went to Holland. However, I do not have any evidence to suggest that this did occur. Several Dubois family historians have stated that Wallerand Dubois died without having had any children. By the way, for those who are interested. It appears that Jean De Lannoy IV (died 1525) was married first to Marguerite De Flanders and that his second wife was Philippine De Plaines (widow of Pierre De Bourbon). Therefore Chretians line of descent from King Philip V would be as follows.

1. Chretian Dubois, Gentleman of Wicres b. 1597
    2. Jean Dubois De Fiennes
    3. Charles Dubois De Fiennes married Barbe De Beauffremez
    4. Antoine Dubois De Fiennes married Baudouine Lyonnel
    5. Claudine De Lannoy (born about 1507) married Charles Dubois Defiennes 6. Jean De Lannoy, Seigneur De Maingoval married 1st Marguerite De Flanders
    7. Ludwik De Flandres II (d.1488) married Louise De Bruges
    8. Johann De Flandres (d. 1439) married Johanna Van Reygervliet
    9. Ludwig "Friese" De Flandres married Maria Van Ghistelles
    10. Louis II, Count of Flanders had by unknown concubine #9
    11. Margaret of France married Louis I, Count of Flanders
    12. King Philip V of France married Jeanne Countess of Artois

Now, Ludwig "Friese" De Flandres was an illegitimate son of Louis II, Count of Flanders. Although I don't have the source handy, I understand that the lineage from Louis II, Count of Flanders to Marguerite De Flanders wife of Jean De Lannoy is to be found in Europaische Stammtafeln, Band III, Tafel 294.

Todd
    Hello Todd,
    I just saw this discussion and was wondering where you found your information for the descent from King Phillip V? I keep running into an issue where Jean IV of Lannoy had Claudine de Lannoy with Philippine instead of Marguerite de Flanders. I would
    appreciate any information that you have as I am descended from DuBois family.

Thank you,
    Jessica d'Antignac
    Have just discovered that I, too, am descended from Chretien Dubois through his son Louis, and Louis's daughter Sarah Dubois Van Meter. Wondering if any new data has emerged about this line's possible royal ancestry since last exchanges here about it.
    Thanks, Jinny

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From antoinebarbry@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 23 02:06:11 2023
    Dear all,

I am a genealogist from Northern France and I am a descendant from the same family, actually from the parents of Chrétien Dubois and I am afraid the genealogical data given in this thread are completely wrong. It is evident the genealogist that produced
    the "royal ancestry" for Chrétien Dubois had never seen even from far away the real archives from Wicres.
    One has to understand Dubois is one of the most common surnames in France, I have myself at least 4 or 5
    different Dubois families in my tree, all in Northern France.

So, if you are interested in real genealogy and not fantasy genealogy, here is the source of information that gives the paretns of Chrétien Dubois, namely Antoine Dubois and Anne Cousin.

Comptes de la Seigneurie de Couppigny AML 10360 article 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 26 - François DU BOIS fils de feu Antoine et de Anne COUSIN vivante par relliefde Mathieu COUSIN son père pour 1/3, Antoine, Philippe, Toussaint, Anne etFranchoise DUBOIS enffants de feu Chrestien qui fut fils de ladicte Anne COUSINpour 1/3, Laurent,
    Pierre, Catherine, Barbe, Anne, Margueritte, Peronne LAIGNELenffans de feu Jacques et Isabeau DUBOIS vivante aussy fille de ladicte AnneCOUSIN pour 1/3 en 15 cens de terre à laboeur cy devant en 2 pieches scavoir 3cens et 12 cens venant sy comme
    lesdicts 3 cens par achapt qu'en at faict laditeAnne COUSIN de Jacques LECLERCQ et Martine DELEFORGE sa femmc et 12 cens ayantete de la comprinche de 5 bonniers que ledict + Mathieu avoit acquis de Philippeet Jacques GUILLEBERT.
    170 - Lesdicts François DU BOIS enffans de Chrestien DU BOIS et enffans deJacques LAIGNEL et Isabeau DU BOIS par rellief d'Anne COUSIN vefve de Me AntoineDU BOIS pour ung petit lieu manoir arrenté contenant 1/2 cent enclave en sonlieu manoir haboutant
    sur la place dudict Wicres

from this document one understands that Chrétien is brother of François and Isabeau (my ancestor, married to Jacques Laignel) all three children of Antoine and Anne COusin, Antoine being then son of Louis and Aliénore le MICHEL (I also gave to
    references)

I hope I am not breaking to many royal dreams...
    best regards

antoine barbry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Olivier@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 23 01:37:59 2023
    https://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FLANDERS,%20HAINAUT.htm#_Toc62122693

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From antoinebarbry@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 23 02:11:31 2023
    Sorry for the many spelling mistakes in my previous email , I wrote it fast before the start of a work commitment...
    I have other detailed references on Chretien's real ancestors if anyone is interested, but on the Dubois side I am afraid we are not going further than Louis x Aliénore le Michel...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jinny Wallerstedt/Girl 57@21:1/5 to antoin...@gmail.com on Thu Feb 23 06:22:55 2023
    On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 5:11:33 AM UTC-5, antoin...@gmail.com wrote:
    Sorry for the many spelling mistakes in my previous email , I wrote it fast before the start of a work commitment...
    I have other detailed references on Chretien's real ancestors if anyone is interested, but on the Dubois side I am afraid we are not going further than Louis x Aliénore le Michel...
    Antoine, Thanks so much for your response. Will look over your information as soon as I can. My own royal dreams seem to be crumbling...I will proudly stick with my farmers from a number of countries...plus not a few reprobates LOL!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jaye Drummond@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 3 09:49:21 2023
    On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 9:22:57 AM UTC-5, Jinny Wallerstedt/Girl 57 wrote:
    On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 5:11:33 AM UTC-5, antoin...@gmail.com wrote:
    Antoine, Thanks so much for your response. Will look over your information as soon as I can. My own royal dreams seem to be crumbling...I will proudly stick with my farmers from a number of countries...plus not a few reprobates LOL!

Thank you for posting the above, Antoine. In 2011-2013 the Dubois Family Association of New Paltz, New York, published a four-part article outlining the documented ancestry of Chretien Dubois, as well as families allied to his son Louis Dubois. Part One
    of the article cited the document you transcribed, though it only quoted part of one sentence. Feel free to contact me for further information. I am very interested in the other sources to which you alluded. It would be helpful to compare their work with
    what you have found.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05