• Yahoo Ancient Genaelogy Group - Family Trees Archived?

From DC Genealogy@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 5 11:36:50 2022
    Hello,

Does anyone happen to have the comprehensive ancient lineages that were posted on the former Yahoo Ancient Genealogy group site? I distinctly recall a number of very interesting family trees, including ancient Judaism, which traces the Davidic and Levite
    dynasties and their intermarriages with other royal families.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to DC Genealogy on Mon Dec 5 14:03:57 2022
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 11:36:52 AM UTC-8, DC Genealogy wrote:
    Hello,

Does anyone happen to have the comprehensive ancient lineages that were posted on the former Yahoo Ancient Genealogy group site? I distinctly recall a number of very interesting family trees, including ancient Judaism, which traces the Davidic and
    Levite dynasties and their intermarriages with other royal families.

Blah.
    The vast majority of these so-called connections go from slightly plausible to utterly ridiculous

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DC Genealogy@21:1/5 to wjhons...@gmail.com on Mon Dec 5 14:36:12 2022
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 5:03:59 PM UTC-5, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello,

Does anyone happen to have the comprehensive ancient lineages that were posted on the former Yahoo Ancient Genealogy group site? I distinctly recall a number of very interesting family trees, including ancient Judaism, which traces the Davidic and
    Blah.
    The vast majority of these so-called connections go from slightly plausible to utterly ridiculous

That's besides the point. I would still like to have the files if someone has them. T. Stanford Mommaerts-Meulemans-Browne was the author of most of these, as I recall.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From taf@21:1/5 to DC Genealogy on Mon Dec 5 17:28:42 2022
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 2:36:14 PM UTC-8, DC Genealogy wrote:
    Hello,

Blah.
    That's besides the point. I would still like to have the files if someone has them. T. Stanford Mommaerts-Meulemans-Browne was the author of most of these, as I recall.

Have you checked to see if the WayBack Machine archived the site?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DC Genealogy@21:1/5 to taf on Mon Dec 5 18:09:26 2022
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 8:28:44 PM UTC-5, taf wrote:
    Hello,

Does anyone happen to have the comprehensive ancient lineages that were posted on the former Yahoo Ancient Genealogy group site? I distinctly recall a number of very interesting family trees, including ancient Judaism, which traces the Davidic
    and Levite dynasties and their intermarriages with other royal families.
    Blah.

Good idea. I tried, but didn't have much luck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill Marshall@21:1/5 to DC Genealogy on Tue Dec 6 06:56:38 2022
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 9:09:28 PM UTC-5, DC Genealogy wrote:
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 8:28:44 PM UTC-5, taf wrote:
    Hello,

Does anyone happen to have the comprehensive ancient lineages that were posted on the former Yahoo Ancient Genealogy group site? I distinctly recall a number of very interesting family trees, including ancient Judaism, which traces the Davidic
    and Levite dynasties and their intermarriages with other royal families.
    Blah.
    Good idea. I tried, but didn't have much luck.
    Being the packrat that I am, I have about 30+ of these charts saved, from 2004-5. Too big to attach here, so send me an email.

Bill Marshall, bill.marshall@verizon.net (in a previous life, wtm@research.att.com)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joseph cook@21:1/5 to DC Genealogy on Tue Dec 6 20:17:42 2022
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 2:36:52 PM UTC-5, DC Genealogy wrote:
    Hello,

Reader beware; I had all of them downloaded as well; but they are almost entirely worthless provably wrong conjecture.

--Joe Cook

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to joe...@gmail.com on Thu Dec 8 17:55:01 2022
    On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 8:17:44 PM UTC-8, joe...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 2:36:52 PM UTC-5, DC Genealogy wrote:
    Hello,

Reader beware; I had all of them downloaded as well; but they are almost entirely worthless provably wrong conjecture.

--Joe Cook

Yes. I can't wait for a whole slew of postings regarding amazing new discoveries of new DFA's

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05