• Circourt-Autel marriage (15th century)

From willemnabuurs@xs4all.nl@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 1 05:38:47 2022
    The Roglo database has an entry for Isabeau d'Autel, daughter of Huart d'Autel, seigneur d'Apremont, and Agnes de Hohenstein (http://roglo.eu/roglo?lang=en;i=3977632). It gives as source Histoire de Montmédy par Jeantin, troisième partie, p.2286, 1863

Fortunately, that book is available on Google Books (https://books.google.nl/books?id=3RM3AQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcov...). On page 2286 of this book, it is stated that "Médart de Circourt, qui, en 1457, épousa Isabeau d'Autel, baronne d'Esne, fille
    de Jean, de la maison des comtes d'Aspremont", which translates into "Médart de Circourt, who, in 1457, married Isabeau d'Autel, baronne d'Esne, daughter of Jean, from the house of the counts of Aspremont". Therefore, the source that Roglo database
    gives names as father a Jean d'Autel and not a Huart d'Autel, and it does not mention a mother at all

I have checked both Walter Möller's and Detlev Schwennicke's genealogical reference works, but neither of them lists a Circourt-Autel marriage in their tables on the Elter/Autel family. To be more precise, they do not even have a marriage between Huart
    d'Autel and Agnes von Hohenstein; both works give Huart d'Autel, lord of Aspremont, as married to Anna von Dhaun.

Therefore, my initial conclusion is that either the marriage never happened, or the Isabeau d'Autel who married Medard de Circourt was not a daughter of Huart d'Autel, lord of Aspremont, but of some other Autel or Aspremont family member that I have not
    been able to find in any work on this family yet.

Three questions in this regard:
    1. Is anybody in this group aware of details regarding this Circourt-Autel marriage?
    2. Does anybody in this group have experience with the work of Jeantin and esp. with the reliability of his work?
    3. Roglo refers to a "message de Thierry Fauvage sur le forum 2018-07-17 20:01:13". Does anybody in this group have a clue about which forum this might be and/or what this message contains?

Regards, Willem Nabuurs

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)