• Re: Bogus Royal Ancestry of Col. John Waller (died 1754), of Spotsylvan

From Michael Andersen@21:1/5 to ppe...@gmail.com on Sat Nov 26 08:45:32 2022
    Nice work to Douglas and the other sleuths in this old thread. I'm part of a Waller line and would be glad to puzzle out the discrepancies.

The previous poster here ("ppe..." from your email is all I can see of your name) refers to "Edmund (1606-1687)." I don't know what Edmund this could be - there's no Edmund Waller born 1606 in the lines I currently see, let alone one who married Mary in
    1644. However, here is an Edmund Waller (~1582-1667), son and heir of Thomas (1546-1627). Edmund (1582-1667) married Mary Smith.
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/167652300/edmund-waller

Edmund (1582-1667) is listed here as having two wives and four children including Thomas (1610-1682) and a Gerrard Waller, but the information is unsourced.
    https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Waller-78

As far as I know it's possible that Dr. John (born 1645) was a son of Gerrard, who may have been a son of Edmund (1582-1667); the names Thomas, Mary and Edmund all recur in various descendants of Dr. John, as they did in the earlier line.

Michael

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 5:02:43 PM UTC-7, ppe...@gmail.com wrote:
    I know it has been years since this posted, so it is unlikely anyone still follows it.
    I have come across this in looking into some of my family history and much to my disappointment, the errors in the genealogical narrative seem glaring.

However, I do believe, based on a revised timeline, from the information you provided and what is available on the web, a beneficial pursuit would be into finding a complete list of all of Edmund's (1606-1687) children. (which I cannot find on the web)

Here's my theory; John Dr. Could have actually been one of the 13 children that Edmund had with his Second wife, Mary. John the doctor would then be Thomas's brother, not father.

Edmund and Mary wed in 1644, which would put John in a more appropriate age range for completing his education ~1669.

Another thing to note is that Dr. John name his children Edmund and Mary, perhaps family names? Or it may be a bit of a stretch.
    I'm very much a geneology armature, so bear with me if this is out of place.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)