• Re: A Domesday Descent: Hay of Aughton, and of Spaldington

From robert.thecomputerman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Wibs on Thu Nov 24 05:40:38 2022
    On Monday, November 18, 2019 at 10:03:38 AM UTC-4, Wibs wrote:
    On Friday, 11 January 2019 11:03:44 UTC+1, Wibs wrote:
    On Thursday, 20 December 2018 16:21:51 UTC+1, robertb...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 04:30:24 UTC-4, Wibs wrote:
    On Tuesday, 18 December 2018 16:32:54 UTC+1, robertb...@gmail.com wrote:
    Futher link to info on William fitz Peter Goodmanham founder of Ellerton priory.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=VRfxelohUfoC&pg=PA41&lpg=PA41&dq=anketin+Ellerton&source=bl&ots=9yIcTU3zeH&sig=eDJO4xQNRauNofvYiW9fKWjCLfc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDqLec06nfAhXoT98KHY_XDmUQ6AEwBXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=anketin%20Ellerton&f=false

Early Yorkshire Families
    edited by Charles Clay, Diana E. Greenway

RB

I hope there is further useful info on my One-Place site for Ellerton Priory:

http://www.ellerton.info/history/ellerton-priory.html

Wibs

Thank you Wibs, your link produced:

William, fil. Petri, for the good of the souls of Peter and Christian, his father and mother, and of Alice, his wife; gave twelve acres of land in this territory M.a.v.2, p.822, et v.3 p. 825

Nicholas de Middleton confirmed the grant of one oxgang of land in Beverley to the monastery of Ellerton in Spaldingmere with a toft, and Alexander the carpenter, with all his family and their cattle, as his brother Richard de Middleton had held
    the same, which was confirmed by Fulco Basset provost of Beverley about the year 1229 These premises were again confirmed to the same monastery in 1253 by sir William Ross. Mon.Ebor, page 261

The mention of Fulco Basset who was active in 1241, as provost of Berverly is interesting, when I searched leavening, next to Arnold, Yorkshire, I found Fulco gifts land that were held by his ancestors. I suspect these are Basset Anscestors. Robert,
    son of Osmund is Robert Basset- temp. 1150-60, who held land in Arnold of the Ros fee. A later Robert Basset in 1264 was Constable of Helmsley (Hamlake) Castle, Yorkshire, under the Ros family.

In addition in another source which seems to confirm the pedigree of interest: William fitz Anschetil, " Son of Ansquetil fitz Humphrey, with whom he occurs in a grant of 60 acres of Presthow to Warter Abbey". see EYC
    X: 80.

RB

Another resource RB. Have you seen the revised notes on the Hays of Aughton, together with their tree which includes William, son of Anketin, in the Cartulary of St Leonard's Hospital, York, published in 2015?

Wibs
    I am surprised that no-one has replied to this post, given that Carpenter (Cartulary of St Leonard's Hospital, York, pp. 677-685)has completely undone the early pedigree of the Hays of Aughton.

Wibs

Message to Wibs: Can you please supply the early pedigree of the Hays of Aughton or a working link to the info. I'm very interested.

Robert

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Wibs@21:1/5 to robert.the...@gmail.com on Fri Nov 25 02:17:28 2022
    On Thursday, 24 November 2022 at 14:40:40 UTC+1, robert.the...@gmail.com wrote:
    Futher link to info on William fitz Peter Goodmanham founder of Ellerton priory.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=VRfxelohUfoC&pg=PA41&lpg=PA41&dq=anketin+Ellerton&source=bl&ots=9yIcTU3zeH&sig=eDJO4xQNRauNofvYiW9fKWjCLfc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDqLec06nfAhXoT98KHY_XDmUQ6AEwBXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=anketin%20Ellerton&f=false

Early Yorkshire Families

RB

Wibs

William, fil. Petri, for the good of the souls of Peter and Christian, his father and mother, and of Alice, his wife; gave twelve acres of land in this territory M.a.v.2, p.822, et v.3 p. 825

Nicholas de Middleton confirmed the grant of one oxgang of land in Beverley to the monastery of Ellerton in Spaldingmere with a toft, and Alexander the carpenter, with all his family and their cattle, as his brother Richard de Middleton had held
    the same, which was confirmed by Fulco Basset provost of Beverley about the year 1229 These premises were again confirmed to the same monastery in 1253 by sir William Ross. Mon.Ebor, page 261

The mention of Fulco Basset who was active in 1241, as provost of Berverly is interesting, when I searched leavening, next to Arnold, Yorkshire, I found Fulco gifts land that were held by his ancestors. I suspect these are Basset Anscestors.
    Robert,son of Osmund is Robert Basset- temp. 1150-60, who held land in Arnold of the Ros fee. A later Robert Basset in 1264 was Constable of Helmsley (Hamlake) Castle, Yorkshire, under the Ros family.

In addition in another source which seems to confirm the pedigree of interest: William fitz Anschetil, " Son of Ansquetil fitz Humphrey, with whom he occurs in a grant of 60 acres of Presthow to Warter Abbey". see EYC

RB

Another resource RB. Have you seen the revised notes on the Hays of Aughton, together with their tree which includes William, son of Anketin, in the Cartulary of St Leonard's Hospital, York, published in 2015?

Wibs
    I am surprised that no-one has replied to this post, given that Carpenter (Cartulary of St Leonard's Hospital, York, pp. 677-685)has completely undone the early pedigree of the Hays of Aughton.

Wibs
    Message to Wibs: Can you please supply the early pedigree of the Hays of Aughton or a working link to the info. I'm very interested.

Robert
    If you can provide an email address I can send you what I have.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robert.thecomputerman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Wibs on Mon Jan 23 16:50:23 2023
    On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 6:17:29 AM UTC-4, Wibs wrote:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=VRfxelohUfoC&pg=PA41&lpg=PA41&dq=anketin+Ellerton&source=bl&ots=9yIcTU3zeH&sig=eDJO4xQNRauNofvYiW9fKWjCLfc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDqLec06nfAhXoT98KHY_XDmUQ6AEwBXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=anketin%20Ellerton&f=
    false

Early Yorkshire Families

RB

Wibs

Nicholas de Middleton confirmed the grant of one oxgang of land in Beverley to the monastery of Ellerton in Spaldingmere with a toft, and Alexander the carpenter, with all his family and their cattle, as his brother Richard de Middleton had
    held the same, which was confirmed by Fulco Basset provost of Beverley about the year 1229 These premises were again confirmed to the same monastery in 1253 by sir William Ross. Mon.Ebor, page 261

The mention of Fulco Basset who was active in 1241, as provost of Berverly is interesting, when I searched leavening, next to Arnold, Yorkshire, I found Fulco gifts land that were held by his ancestors. I suspect these are Basset Anscestors.
    Robert,son of Osmund is Robert Basset- temp. 1150-60, who held land in Arnold of the Ros fee. A later Robert Basset in 1264 was Constable of Helmsley (Hamlake) Castle, Yorkshire, under the Ros family.

RB

Wibs

Wibs

Robert

Sorry Wibs, I just noticed your reply, my email robert(period)thecomputerman@gmail.com
    Looking forward to seening this..if you have any info on the Scures who appear in the same index that would be marvelous.
    Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wibs@21:1/5 to robert.the...@gmail.com on Sat Jan 28 02:26:14 2023
    On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 01:50:25 UTC+1, robert.the...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 6:17:29 AM UTC-4, Wibs wrote:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=VRfxelohUfoC&pg=PA41&lpg=PA41&dq=anketin+Ellerton&source=bl&ots=9yIcTU3zeH&sig=eDJO4xQNRauNofvYiW9fKWjCLfc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDqLec06nfAhXoT98KHY_XDmUQ6AEwBXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=anketin%20Ellerton&f=
    false

Early Yorkshire Families

RB

Wibs

Nicholas de Middleton confirmed the grant of one oxgang of land in Beverley to the monastery of Ellerton in Spaldingmere with a toft, and Alexander the carpenter, with all his family and their cattle, as his brother Richard de Middleton had
    held the same, which was confirmed by Fulco Basset provost of Beverley about the year 1229 These premises were again confirmed to the same monastery in 1253 by sir William Ross. Mon.Ebor, page 261

RB

Wibs

Wibs

Robert
    Sorry Wibs, I just noticed your reply, my email robert(period)thecomputerman@gmail.com
    Looking forward to seening this..if you have any info on the Scures who appear in the same index that would be marvelous.
    Thanks
    All sent

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05