• John St. John & Isabel (Paveley?) of Fonmon and Northamptonshire

From Robert Allen@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 14 23:56:04 2022
    I am hoping to exchange information with those who descend from or are interested in the St. John family of Fonmon, Glamorgan, Wales and Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England prior to 1560.

The specific topic of this post is related to Isabel, wife of John St. John who died in 1424, parents of Oliver St. John (d. 1437) who married Margaret Beauchamp. The prevailing thought, supported by a pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (
    Harleian Society; 1885) is that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and his wife, Joan Sturry. I have found pretty persuasive evidence that Isabel was not a daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and certainly was not the daughter
    of Joan Sturry, his wife.

Isabel first married a John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. Those that follow the prevailing view that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight and Joan Sturry have not be able to identify the parents for John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. A Pavely/Paveley
    marrying a Pavely/Paveley. Odd, but possible. Certainly not sibling.

What I believe the evidence I have seen proves is the John Pavely/Paveley, Jr., was the son of John Paveley, knight, and Joan Sturry, He died prior to his father, leaving his parents without issue and leaving his widow, Isabel, to survive him and
    remarry John St. John. For some reason that I do not clearly understand, John Paveley, knight, probably after knowing of his son's death that left him without issue made a trust deed involving the manor of Paulerspury, Northamptonshire, that had
    descended to him from his Pavely/Paveley ancestors, leaving the manor to his wife for life and after her death to his daughter-in-law, Isabel, widow of his son and to her heirs. As a result of this trust deed the manor of Paulerspury came into the
    ownership of John St. John who married Isabel, the widow, and it thereafter descended down the St. John family.

I am more than willing to set forth my evidence to support my conclusions, but I don't want to take the time to do so in this initial posting. After I see that there is some interest in the topic I will post my evidence.

Bob Allen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Colin Piper@21:1/5 to Robert Allen on Tue Nov 15 22:50:06 2022
    On Tuesday, 15 November 2022 at 07:56:05 UTC, Robert Allen wrote:
    I am hoping to exchange information with those who descend from or are interested in the St. John family of Fonmon, Glamorgan, Wales and Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England prior to 1560.

The specific topic of this post is related to Isabel, wife of John St. John who died in 1424, parents of Oliver St. John (d. 1437) who married Margaret Beauchamp. The prevailing thought, supported by a pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (
    Harleian Society; 1885) is that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and his wife, Joan Sturry. I have found pretty persuasive evidence that Isabel was not a daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and certainly was not the daughter

Isabel first married a John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. Those that follow the prevailing view that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight and Joan Sturry have not be able to identify the parents for John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. A Pavely/Paveley

What I believe the evidence I have seen proves is the John Pavely/Paveley, Jr., was the son of John Paveley, knight, and Joan Sturry, He died prior to his father, leaving his parents without issue and leaving his widow, Isabel, to survive him and
    remarry John St. John. For some reason that I do not clearly understand, John Paveley, knight, probably after knowing of his son's death that left him without issue made a trust deed involving the manor of Paulerspury, Northamptonshire, that had
    descended to him from his Pavely/Paveley ancestors, leaving the manor to his wife for life and after her death to his daughter-in-law, Isabel, widow of his son and to her heirs. As a result of this trust deed the manor of Paulerspury came into the
    ownership of John St. John who married Isabel, the widow, and it thereafter descended down the St. John family.

I am more than willing to set forth my evidence to support my conclusions, but I don't want to take the time to do so in this initial posting. After I see that there is some interest in the topic I will post my evidence.

Bob Allen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Cayley@21:1/5 to Colin Piper on Wed Nov 16 01:45:59 2022
    Have you seen what is on the WikiTree profile for Isabel? https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Unknown-484302. This may well include some of the evidence you have found. The citations given point to Isabel having been the wife of "John Paveley junior" before
    she married John St John.

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 06:50:07 UTC, Colin Piper wrote:

Bob Allen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Allen@21:1/5 to michae...@gmail.com on Wed Nov 16 13:56:05 2022
    On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 1:46:01 AM UTC-8, michae...@gmail.com wrote:
    Have you seen what is on the WikiTree profile for Isabel? https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Unknown-484302. This may well include some of the evidence you have found. The citations given point to Isabel having been the wife of "John Paveley junior" before
    she married John St John.

The specific topic of this post is related to Isabel, wife of John St. John who died in 1424, parents of Oliver St. John (d. 1437) who married Margaret Beauchamp. The prevailing thought, supported by a pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of
    Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) is that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and his wife, Joan Sturry. I have found pretty persuasive evidence that Isabel was not a daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and certainly was not
    the daughter of Joan Sturry, his wife.

Bob Allen
    I am happy that there is some interest on this topic. Yes, as I posted in my initial message, the prevailing throught (including Wikitree) is that Isabel is the daughter of John Paveley and Joan Sturry. That is how I had it for a long time. It just
    never sat well we me that a Paveley married a Paveley. In addition, I could not find the father for John Paveley, Jr. who allegedly married Isabel Paveley (it clearly was not John Paveley and who married Joan Sturry, but since John Paveley, Jr. was a "
    junior" I was thinking his father was a John Paveley (senior). Still that did not dissuade me from sticking with the prevailing view. Then I recently ran across Sonia St. John who has a St. John website in the U. K. https://seyntjohn.org.uk/Genealogy/
    and is connected with the Friends of Lydiard Park website https://www.thelydiardarchives.org.uk/ .

She wrote and posted an article on the Paveleys that I read within the past week saying that Isabel was not the daughter of John Paveley who was married to Joan Sturry and said that John Paveley, Jr., was the son of John Paveley and Joan Sturry, John
    Paveley, Jr., dying before John Paveley, Sr., leaving John Paveley, the elder, without issue when he died. I was examining my document with the intent to proving her wrong, still believing in the prevailing view. In the course of doing do, I believe I
    have proved she is correct.

There is a chronological list of the important evidence which I think supports breaking away from the prevailing view and agreeing with Sonia's view:

On August 18, 1394, there is a Calendar of Patent Roll entry regarding a grant for life to Isabel, late the wife of the king's knight John Paule of 20 pounds a year from issues of the manor of Kyngesthrope, Northampton. https://archive.org/details/
    calendarpatentr04blacgoog/page/477/mode/1up?q=Paule This entry proves the John Paveley, Jr., the kings knight, husband of Isabel died prior to August 18, 1394.

Sometime prior to February 8, 1395 John Paveley, knight (husband of Joan) granted the manor of Paulerspury, Northamptonshire, into trust. It is unclear whether this deed into trust was before or after John Paveley, Jr. died. The evidence of this is in
    the September 21, 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem of Joan Paveley. https://www.british-history.ac.uk/inquis-post-mortem/vol20/pp30-49 This Inquisition Post Mortem goes on to say that

On February 8, 1395 the trustees of the manor of Paulerspury granted the manor to Joan, widow of John Paveley, knight, for life as per the same 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem. They granted the reversion to Isabel, "then the wife of John Paveley junior"
    This proves that John Paveley, knight died prior to February 8, 1395 and assuming this deed was made shortly after his death, it suggests that John Paveley, knight, died AFTER John Paveley, Jr. What is confusing is that it seems that John Paveley, Jr.,
    died prior to February 8, 1395 when the reversion interest was granted to Isabel so she would not be "then the wife of John Paveley junior", she would instead be the widow of John Paveley, junior.

On June 16, 1395, there is a Calendar of Close Rolls entry regarding a grant referencing an exchange in which John Seynt Johan, knight, and Isabel, his wife were to receive 100 marks a year from the customs on goods out of the port of Kyngeston upon Hull.
    https://archive.org/details/calendarpatentr04blacgoog/page/583/mode/1up?q=seynt This proves the Isabel, widow of John Paveley, Jr., remarried to John St. John prior to June 16, 1395.

On July 12, 1403, as per Joan Paveley's 1414 Inquisition (see link above), Joan Paveley, widow of John Paveley, knight, granted most of her life interest to John St. John, Isabel his wife and Oliver their son. .

On February 1, 1414, Joan (Stury) Paveley, widow of John Paveley, knight, died as per her 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem (see link above) and at the time of the Inquisition John St. John and Isabel were still alive, "Isabel being aged 40". The conclusion
    of the Inquisition was that the Manor of Paulerspury should remain to "them" (John St. John and Isabel, his wife) and "the heirs and assigns of Isabel". Also, at the end of the Inquisition it says that Joan's heir was a son of her sister Sybil. If
    Isabel was Joan's daughter, she would be Joan named heir.

So If Isabel was not the daughter of Joan Sturry, she was probably not the daughter of Joan's husband, John Sturry. I realize there is a slight gap in logic here, because John Sturry (husband of Joan) could have been previously marriage and had Isabel
    by his previous wife, but I have seen no evidence of this possibility.

I know it is unusual for the manor of Paulerspury to has passed down in the Paveley family and then when John Paveley (husband of Joan Sturry) died without issue surviving to be given to John Paveley's daughter-in-law and then for it to pass down to the
    child of his daughter-in-law's 2nd husband, John St. John, but this is what the evidence shows to have happened. I am not sure what the king's involvement was, if any, to allow this to happen.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Allen@21:1/5 to Robert Allen on Wed Nov 16 18:11:10 2022
    On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 1:56:06 PM UTC-8, Robert Allen wrote:
    Have you seen what is on the WikiTree profile for Isabel? https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Unknown-484302. This may well include some of the evidence you have found. The citations given point to Isabel having been the wife of "John Paveley junior"
    before she married John St John.

The specific topic of this post is related to Isabel, wife of John St. John who died in 1424, parents of Oliver St. John (d. 1437) who married Margaret Beauchamp. The prevailing thought, supported by a pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of
    Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) is that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and his wife, Joan Sturry. I have found pretty persuasive evidence that Isabel was not a daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight, and certainly was not

Isabel first married a John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. Those that follow the prevailing view that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight and Joan Sturry have not be able to identify the parents for John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. A Pavely/
    Paveley marrying a Pavely/Paveley. Odd, but possible. Certainly not sibling.

Bob Allen
    I am happy that there is some interest on this topic. Yes, as I posted in my initial message, the prevailing throught (including Wikitree) is that Isabel is the daughter of John Paveley and Joan Sturry. That is how I had it for a long time. It just
    never sat well we me that a Paveley married a Paveley. In addition, I could not find the father for John Paveley, Jr. who allegedly married Isabel Paveley (it clearly was not John Paveley and who married Joan Sturry, but since John Paveley, Jr. was a "
    junior" I was thinking his father was a John Paveley (senior). Still that did not dissuade me from sticking with the prevailing view. Then I recently ran across Sonia St. John who has a St. John website in the U. K. https://seyntjohn.org.uk/Genealogy/
    and is connected with the Friends of Lydiard Park website https://www.thelydiardarchives.org.uk/ .

She wrote and posted an article on the Paveleys that I read within the past week saying that Isabel was not the daughter of John Paveley who was married to Joan Sturry and said that John Paveley, Jr., was the son of John Paveley and Joan Sturry, John
    Paveley, Jr., dying before John Paveley, Sr., leaving John Paveley, the elder, without issue when he died. I was examining my document with the intent to proving her wrong, still believing in the prevailing view. In the course of doing do, I believe I

There is a chronological list of the important evidence which I think supports breaking away from the prevailing view and agreeing with Sonia's view:

On August 18, 1394, there is a Calendar of Patent Roll entry regarding a grant for life to Isabel, late the wife of the king's knight John Paule of 20 pounds a year from issues of the manor of Kyngesthrope, Northampton. https://archive.org/details/
    calendarpatentr04blacgoog/page/477/mode/1up?q=Paule This entry proves the John Paveley, Jr., the kings knight, husband of Isabel died prior to August 18, 1394.

Sometime prior to February 8, 1395 John Paveley, knight (husband of Joan) granted the manor of Paulerspury, Northamptonshire, into trust. It is unclear whether this deed into trust was before or after John Paveley, Jr. died. The evidence of this is in
    the September 21, 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem of Joan Paveley. https://www.british-history.ac.uk/inquis-post-mortem/vol20/pp30-49 This Inquisition Post Mortem goes on to say that

On February 8, 1395 the trustees of the manor of Paulerspury granted the manor to Joan, widow of John Paveley, knight, for life as per the same 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem. They granted the reversion to Isabel, "then the wife of John Paveley junior"
    This proves that John Paveley, knight died prior to February 8, 1395 and assuming this deed was made shortly after JOHN PAVELEY, JR.'S death, it suggests that John Paveley, knight, died AFTER John Paveley, Jr. What is confusing is that it seems that John
    Paveley, Jr., died prior to February 8, 1395 when the reversion interest was granted to Isabel so she would not be "then the wife of John Paveley junior", she would instead be the widow of John Paveley, junior.

On June 16, 1395, there is a Calendar of Close Rolls entry regarding a grant referencing an exchange in which John Seynt Johan, knight, and Isabel, his wife were to receive 100 marks a year from the customs on goods out of the port of Kyngeston upon
    Hull. https://archive.org/details/calendarpatentr04blacgoog/page/583/mode/1up?q=seynt This proves the Isabel, widow of John Paveley, Jr., remarried to John St. John prior to June 16, 1395.

On July 12, 1403, as per Joan Paveley's 1414 Inquisition (see link above), Joan Paveley, widow of John Paveley, knight, granted most of her life interest to John St. John, Isabel his wife and Oliver their son. .

On February 1, 1414, Joan (Stury) Paveley, widow of John Paveley, knight, died as per her 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem (see link above) and at the time of the Inquisition John St. John and Isabel were still alive, "Isabel being aged 40". The conclusion
    of the Inquisition was that the Manor of Paulerspury should remain to "them" (John St. John and Isabel, his wife) and "the heirs and assigns of Isabel". Also, at the end of the Inquisition it says that Joan's heir was a son of her sister Sybil. If Isabel
    was Joan's daughter, she would be Joan named heir.

So If Isabel was not the daughter of Joan Sturry, she was probably not the daughter of Joan's husband, John Sturry. I realize there is a slight gap in logic here, because John PAVELEY (husband of Joan) could have been previously marriage and had Isabel
    by his previous wife, but I have seen no evidence of this possibility.

I know it is unusual for the manor of Paulerspury to has passed down in the Paveley family and then when John Paveley (husband of Joan Sturry) died without issue surviving to be given to John Paveley's daughter-in-law and then for it to pass down to
    the child of his daughter-in-law's 2nd husband, John St. John, but this is what the evidence shows to have happened. I am not sure what the king's involvement was, if any, to allow this to happen.

Hi All,

I want to correct my last post. I was careless in proofreading. I have inserted the correction in all CAPS in the repeated conversation at the beginning of this message and will repeat them below.

In the paragraph the begins "On August 8, 1395" on the 3rd line I have substituted "JOHN PAVELEY, JR.'S" instead of "his" to provide clarify.

In the second to the last paragraph I meant to say "John PAVELEY (husband of Joan) . . . ." instead of John Sturry.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Robert Allen on Thu Nov 17 11:08:11 2022
    On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 6:11:12 PM UTC-8, Robert Allen wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 1:56:06 PM UTC-8, Robert Allen wrote:
    Have you seen what is on the WikiTree profile for Isabel? https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Unknown-484302. This may well include some of the evidence you have found. The citations given point to Isabel having been the wife of "John Paveley junior"
    before she married John St John.

Isabel first married a John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. Those that follow the prevailing view that Isabel was the daughter of John Pavely/Paveley, knight and Joan Sturry have not be able to identify the parents for John Pavely/Paveley, Jr. A Pavely/
    Paveley marrying a Pavely/Paveley. Odd, but possible. Certainly not sibling.

What I believe the evidence I have seen proves is the John Pavely/Paveley, Jr., was the son of John Paveley, knight, and Joan Sturry, He died prior to his father, leaving his parents without issue and leaving his widow, Isabel, to survive him
    and remarry John St. John. For some reason that I do not clearly understand, John Paveley, knight, probably after knowing of his son's death that left him without issue made a trust deed involving the manor of Paulerspury, Northamptonshire, that had

Bob Allen

Sometime prior to February 8, 1395 John Paveley, knight (husband of Joan) granted the manor of Paulerspury, Northamptonshire, into trust. It is unclear whether this deed into trust was before or after John Paveley, Jr. died. The evidence of this is
    in the September 21, 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem of Joan Paveley. https://www.british-history.ac.uk/inquis-post-mortem/vol20/pp30-49 This Inquisition Post Mortem goes on to say that

This proves that John Paveley, knight died prior to February 8, 1395 and assuming this deed was made shortly after JOHN PAVELEY, JR.'S death, it suggests that John Paveley, knight, died AFTER John Paveley, Jr. What is confusing is that it seems that John
    Paveley, Jr., died prior to February 8, 1395 when the reversion interest was granted to Isabel so she would not be "then the wife of John Paveley junior", she would instead be the widow of John Paveley, junior.

On June 16, 1395, there is a Calendar of Close Rolls entry regarding a grant referencing an exchange in which John Seynt Johan, knight, and Isabel, his wife were to receive 100 marks a year from the customs on goods out of the port of Kyngeston upon
    Hull. https://archive.org/details/calendarpatentr04blacgoog/page/583/mode/1up?q=seynt This proves the Isabel, widow of John Paveley, Jr., remarried to John St. John prior to June 16, 1395.

On February 1, 1414, Joan (Stury) Paveley, widow of John Paveley, knight, died as per her 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem (see link above) and at the time of the Inquisition John St. John and Isabel were still alive, "Isabel being aged 40". The
    conclusion of the Inquisition was that the Manor of Paulerspury should remain to "them" (John St. John and Isabel, his wife) and "the heirs and assigns of Isabel". Also, at the end of the Inquisition it says that Joan's heir was a son of her sister Sybil.
    If Isabel was Joan's daughter, she would be Joan named heir.

So If Isabel was not the daughter of Joan Sturry, she was probably not the daughter of Joan's husband, John Sturry. I realize there is a slight gap in logic here, because John PAVELEY (husband of Joan) could have been previously marriage and had
    Isabel by his previous wife, but I have seen no evidence of this possibility.

I know it is unusual for the manor of Paulerspury to has passed down in the Paveley family and then when John Paveley (husband of Joan Sturry) died without issue surviving to be given to John Paveley's daughter-in-law and then for it to pass down to
    the child of his daughter-in-law's 2nd husband, John St. John, but this is what the evidence shows to have happened. I am not sure what the king's involvement was, if any, to allow this to happen.
    Hi All,

I want to correct my last post. I was careless in proofreading. I have inserted the correction in all CAPS in the repeated conversation at the beginning of this message and will repeat them below.

In the paragraph the begins "On August 8, 1395" on the 3rd line I have substituted "JOHN PAVELEY, JR.'S" instead of "his" to provide clarify.

In the second to the last paragraph I meant to say "John PAVELEY (husband of Joan) . . . ." instead of John Sturry.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bob

You started by saying that the father was Oliver St John (Oliver /St John/ of Fonman and Penmark, co Glamorgan; and of Paulerspury, co Northants; Knt) d 1437 was that John was d 1424

Would you back that up with a specific citation to a book claiming this connection?

Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Allen@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 17 14:50:36 2022
    You started by saying that the father was Oliver St John (Oliver /St John/ of Fonman and Penmark, co Glamorgan; and of Paulerspury, co Northants; Knt) d 1437 was that John was d 1424

Would you back that up with a specific citation to a book claiming this connection?

Thanks

Let me start by saying that I don't understand what you (wjhons) is asking me to document.

The point of my starting this thread was to communicate and test my recently changed conclusion that Isabel Paveley, husband of John St. John (her second marriage), was NOT the daughter of John Paveley, the elder ,and Joan Sturry as has been the
    prevailing view and that, instead, John Paveley, Jr., who married Isabel was the son of John Paveley, the elder, and Joan Sturry and Isabel was probably not a Paveley at all.

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be the Oliver St.
    John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St. John and
    Isabel Paveley are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de al Bere, this is incorrect. The best evidence to prove this is incorrect is the timeline for when John Paveley, the elder, John Paveley, Jr. (who married Isabel), and therefore
    Isabel who married 2nd John St. John lived. The references I have posted in a previous message establish this approximate time line. Isabel, wife of John St. John, was age 40 at the time of the 1414 Inquisition of Joan (Sturry) Paveley, widow of John
    Paveley, the elder, meaning Isabel was born about 1374. Oliver St. John, the son of John St. John and Isabel was born between 1395 and 1400, married Margaret Beauchamp, and died in 1437.

John St. John who married Isabel was born by 1373 and probably not too long before 1373. This is established by two 1373 Arundel trust deeds lodged at the Cornwall Records office. https://kresenkernow.org/SOAP/detail/09daba34-3920-4052-b54a-
    3d8aaa389abd/?tH=%5B%22AR%7C20%7C2%22%5D
    and https://kresenkernow.org/SOAP/detail/407a7dfd-c9fe-4d7d-a674-55593b79dcbe/?tH=%5B%22AR%7C20%7C4%22%5D

If that does not answer you question, please be more specific as to what you are questioning and how you differ in your opinion from mine and what evidence you have that supports your version of the facts.

Cheers,

Bob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Robert Allen on Thu Nov 17 15:46:12 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 2:50:38 PM UTC-8, Robert Allen wrote:

Thanks
    Let me start by saying that I don't understand what you (wjhons) is asking me to document.

The point of my starting this thread was to communicate and test my recently changed conclusion that Isabel Paveley, husband of John St. John (her second marriage), was NOT the daughter of John Paveley, the elder ,and Joan Sturry as has been the
    prevailing view and that, instead, John Paveley, Jr., who married Isabel was the son of John Paveley, the elder, and Joan Sturry and Isabel was probably not a Paveley at all.

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be the Oliver St.
    John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St. John and
    Isabel Paveley are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de al Bere, this is incorrect. The best evidence to prove this is incorrect is the timeline for when John Paveley, the elder, John Paveley, Jr. (who married Isabel), and therefore
    Isabel who married 2nd John St. John lived. The references I have posted in a previous message establish this approximate time line. Isabel, wife of John St. John, was age 40 at the time of the 1414 Inquisition of Joan (Sturry) Paveley, widow of John
    Paveley, the elder, meaning Isabel was born about 1374. Oliver St. John, the son of John St. John and Isabel was born between 1395 and 1400, married Margaret Beauchamp, and died in 1437.

John St. John who married Isabel was born by 1373 and probably not too long before 1373. This is established by two 1373 Arundel trust deeds lodged at the Cornwall Records office. https://kresenkernow.org/SOAP/detail/09daba34-3920-4052-b54a-
    and https://kresenkernow.org/SOAP/detail/407a7dfd-c9fe-4d7d-a674-55593b79dcbe/?tH=%5B%22AR%7C20%7C4%22%5D

If that does not answer you question, please be more specific as to what you are questioning and how you differ in your opinion from mine and what evidence you have that supports your version of the facts.

Cheers,

Bob

You are waving your hands
    Please provide an exact specific citation for the question of the parents of that John St John who d 1437
    Provide the exact URL that points to the specific claim thats what I'm asking

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 15:48:28 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3:46:13 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

Thanks

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be the Oliver
    St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St. John and

Cheers,

Bob
    Please provide an exact specific citation for the question of the parents of that John St John who d 1437

When someone, makes an affirmative declaration of a set of facts it is incumbent upon *them* to supply their sources. Not everyone else to show why they are wrong.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 15:55:51 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3:48:30 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3:46:13 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

Thanks

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be the
    Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St.
    John and Isabel Paveley are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de al Bere, this is incorrect. The best evidence to prove this is incorrect is the timeline for when John Paveley, the elder, John Paveley, Jr. (who married Isabel), and
    therefore Isabel who married 2nd John St. John lived. The references I have posted in a previous message establish this approximate time line. Isabel, wife of John St. John, was age 40 at the time of the 1414 Inquisition of Joan (Sturry) Paveley, widow
    of John Paveley, the elder, meaning Isabel was born about 1374. Oliver St. John, the son of John St. John and Isabel was born between 1395 and 1400, married Margaret Beauchamp, and died in 1437.

Cheers,

Bob
    When someone, makes an affirmative declaration of a set of facts it is incumbent upon *them* to supply their sources. Not everyone else to show why they are wrong.

You will note that your supposed Visitatation which I can cite exactly here

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Visitations_of_Bedfordshire/yygEAAAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=St%20John

Says nothing of the kind

The Oliver who m Margaret Beauchamp and d 1437 was *great-grandson* of the Isabel Paveley to whom you are trying to link him

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pj.evans88@gmail.com@21:1/5 to wjhons...@gmail.com on Thu Nov 17 15:57:57 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3:46:13 PM UTC-8, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be the Oliver
    St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St. John and

Cheers,

Bob

Will, quit whining and answer his questions. He's provided lots of information. Try *being useful* for a change.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to pj.ev...@gmail.com on Thu Nov 17 16:01:13 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3:57:58 PM UTC-8, pj.ev...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be the
    Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St.
    John and Isabel Paveley are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de al Bere, this is incorrect. The best evidence to prove this is incorrect is the timeline for when John Paveley, the elder, John Paveley, Jr. (who married Isabel), and
    therefore Isabel who married 2nd John St. John lived. The references I have posted in a previous message establish this approximate time line. Isabel, wife of John St. John, was age 40 at the time of the 1414 Inquisition of Joan (Sturry) Paveley, widow
    of John Paveley, the elder, meaning Isabel was born about 1374. Oliver St. John, the son of John St. John and Isabel was born between 1395 and 1400, married Margaret Beauchamp, and died in 1437.

Cheers,

Bob

And about the exact citation showing that Isabel was the Great Grandmother not the mother
    See the supposed source you claim you CONSULTED which lays out the entire descent here

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Visitations_of_Bedfordshire/yygEAAAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&pg=PA52&printsec=frontcover

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 16:04:17 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:01:15 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

Thanks

Cheers,

Bob
    And about the exact citation showing that Isabel was the Great Grandmother not the mother
    See the supposed source you claim you CONSULTED which lays out the entire descent here

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Visitations_of_Bedfordshire/yygEAAAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&pg=PA52&printsec=frontcover

Ooops that should say not the "supposed source you claim" but the "source you supposedly claimed"
    The source is real
    The consultation is sorely lacking in factual accuracy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 16:37:56 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:32:20 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:04:19 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

Thanks

The point of my starting this thread was to communicate and test my recently changed conclusion that Isabel Paveley, husband of John St. John (her second marriage), was NOT the daughter of John Paveley, the elder ,and Joan Sturry as has been
    the prevailing view and that, instead, John Paveley, Jr., who married Isabel was the son of John Paveley, the elder, and Joan Sturry and Isabel was probably not a Paveley at all.

Cheers,

Bob

Ooops that should say not the "supposed source you claim" but the "source you supposedly claimed"
    The source is real
    Betham, following Collins also repeats this line as I gave it

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Peerage_of_England/7jAUAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=sir%20john%20delabere&pg=PA68&printsec=frontcover

Collins add a missing note that John St John, who was Mayor of Bordeaux, *in* 1395 by deed entailed...

So he was living an adult in 1395 so born by 1374
    His mother Elizabeth delabare (or de la bare) was thus born by 1359
    which refines what i had for her dates

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 16:32:19 2022

Thanks

The point of my starting this thread was to communicate and test my recently changed conclusion that Isabel Paveley, husband of John St. John (her second marriage), was NOT the daughter of John Paveley, the elder ,and Joan Sturry as has been
    the prevailing view and that, instead, John Paveley, Jr., who married Isabel was the son of John Paveley, the elder, and Joan Sturry and Isabel was probably not a Paveley at all.

Cheers,

Bob

The source is real

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Peerage_of_England/7jAUAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=sir%20john%20delabere&pg=PA68&printsec=frontcover

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 16:47:33 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:40:35 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

Thanks

The point of my starting this thread was to communicate and test my recently changed conclusion that Isabel Paveley, husband of John St. John (her second marriage), was NOT the daughter of John Paveley, the elder ,and Joan Sturry as has
    been the prevailing view and that, instead, John Paveley, Jr., who married Isabel was the son of John Paveley, the elder, and Joan Sturry and Isabel was probably not a Paveley at all.

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be
    the Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St.

Cheers,

Bob

The source is real

Collins add a missing note that John St John, who was Mayor of Bordeaux, *in* 1395 by deed entailed...

The possible birth range for that John St John, Mayor of Bordeaux who was the *actual* father of Oliver St John d 1437 can be further narrowed

quoting from https://stjohngenealogy.com/getperson.php?personID=I104783407&tree=OSA0001

"Elizabeth, da. of Sir John de la Bere. Living 46 Edw. III. See Inq. p.m. 7 Ric. II., No. 115. Eliz., widow of John, son of Oliver St. John, asserts a certain boy named John to be son and heir of John de St. John, son and heir of Oliver and her son (
    under age in 1381), born at New Sarum.

The author is clearly quoting an IPM here and so this source can be trusted pending looking up that IPM

So the Mayor was born exactly between 1360 and 1374 per my earlier above.
    He married Elizabeth Paulet
    The were the parents of Oliver d 1437

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 16:51:38 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:47:35 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

Thanks

The point of my starting this thread was to communicate and test my recently changed conclusion that Isabel Paveley, husband of John St. John (her second marriage), was NOT the daughter of John Paveley, the elder ,and Joan Sturry as has
    been the prevailing view and that, instead, John Paveley, Jr., who married Isabel was the son of John Paveley, the elder, and Joan Sturry and Isabel was probably not a Paveley at all.

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to be
    the Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John St.

John St. John who married Isabel was born by 1373 and probably not too long before 1373. This is established by two 1373 Arundel trust deeds lodged at the Cornwall Records office. https://kresenkernow.org/SOAP/detail/09daba34-3920-4052-
    b54a-3d8aaa389abd/?tH=%5B%22AR%7C20%7C2%22%5D

Cheers,

Bob

The source is real

The possible birth range for that John St John, Mayor of Bordeaux who was the *actual* father of Oliver St John d 1437 can be further narrowed

quoting from https://stjohngenealogy.com/getperson.php?personID=I104783407&tree=OSA0001

"Elizabeth, da. of Sir John de la Bere. Living 46 Edw. III. See Inq. p.m. 7 Ric. II., No. 115. Eliz., widow of John, son of Oliver St. John, asserts a certain boy named John to be son and heir of John de St. John, son and heir of Oliver and her son (

The author is clearly quoting an IPM here and so this source can be trusted pending looking up that IPM

So the Mayor was born exactly between 1360 and 1374 per my earlier above.
    He married Elizabeth Paulet

Just when I thought I was finished
    This so-called IPM is not an IPM at all, it is a pleading

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_History_of_the_Part_of_West_Somerset/nCYVAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=.%20%227%20Ric.%20II.%20No.%20115%22&pg=PA60&printsec=frontcover

Just one part of a long lawsuit

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Will Johnson on Thu Nov 17 17:28:11 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:51:39 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:47:35 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

Thanks

I have examined my previous posts in this thread in which I think I said in passing that John St. John and Isabel are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp. Are you questioning this statement? It also happens to
    be the Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere were the parents of John St. John who married Isabel. Are you questioning this statement? I can provide sources for either. While the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire (Harleian Society; 1885) states the John
    St. John and Isabel Paveley are the parents of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de al Bere, this is incorrect. The best evidence to prove this is incorrect is the timeline for when John Paveley, the elder, John Paveley, Jr. (who married Isabel), and

John St. John who married Isabel was born by 1373 and probably not too long before 1373. This is established by two 1373 Arundel trust deeds lodged at the Cornwall Records office. https://kresenkernow.org/SOAP/detail/09daba34-3920-4052-
    b54a-3d8aaa389abd/?tH=%5B%22AR%7C20%7C2%22%5D

Cheers,

Bob

The source is real

His mother Elizabeth delabare (or de la bare) was thus born by 1359 which refines what i had for her dates

So the Mayor was born exactly between 1360 and 1374 per my earlier above. He married Elizabeth Paulet
    Just when I thought I was finished
    This so-called IPM is not an IPM at all, it is a pleading

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_History_of_the_Part_of_West_Somerset/nCYVAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=.%20%227%20Ric.%20II.%20No.%20115%22&pg=PA60&printsec=frontcover

Just one part of a long lawsuit

There are then two apparetly conflicting claims

Alexander /St John/ of East Luccombe (Somers.) and Stockleigh Luccombe, co Devon
    living in 1339 when a settlement, dead by 1345

had a son
    Oliver /St John/ , Knt
    adult when he did fealty 18 Jul 1335
    d Aug 1373
    m
    Elizabeth de /Luccombe/ , Manor of East Luccombe
    born 20 May 1320 Stockleigh, Luccombe; only heir of her brother John Luccombe "aged 13 and upwards" 1334

had a son
    John /St John/
    dead by 1380 "died in parts unknown beyond rhe seas"
    m
    Elizabeth //
    living in 1385

had a son
    John /St John/
    born at Salisbury
    declared Illegitimate after a lengthy years long lawsuit

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

Constrast and compare to
    John /St John/
    m
    Isabel /Paveley/

had a son
    Oliver /St John/
    m
    Elizabeth de la /Bere/
    co-heiress of her father

had a son
    John /St John/ , Mayor of Bordeaux 1414-21; Knt
    born New Sarum; minor in 1381, adult by 1395 when by deed he entailed
    m Elizabeth Paulet

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Allen@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 17 21:39:58 2022
    In response to wjhons multiple messages posted today They are destructive, not constructive, abusive and insulting. You just know you are right and are unwilling to study the evidence and the time line to see you (wjhons) and the 1566 Vistiation of
    Bedfordshire are wrong about the generation where John St. John who married Isabel belong.

The 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem for Joan (Sturry) Paveley shows that the manor of Paulerspury was in the Paveley family until the trustee of John Paveley the elder deed the manor to Joan Paveley, his widow, for her life with the remainder to John St.
    John and Isabel, his wife, formerly the wife of John Paveley, Jr., deceased. Here is the British History Online link to the Inquisition P. M. (you have to scroll down the page to find it). https://www.british-history.ac.uk/inquis-post-mortem/vol20/pp30-
    49. If I provided the wrong link before, I apologize. Isabel, the remainder beneficiary, was age 40 in 1414 (born circa 1374). Furthermore, the I. P. M. says that both John St. John and Isabel, his wife, were still living in 1414.

I hope we can agree that Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp was born between 1395 and 1400 and died in 1447. I can cite a lot of references for this, but at this point suffice to say Douglas Richardson, ""Magna Carta Ancestry", page 714.

So, you (wjhons) is saying that Isabel, who married 2nd John St. John was the great grandfather of Oliver St. John who was born between 1395 and 1400. Douglas Richardson says born about 1398.

We know from the Arundel deeds at the Cornwall records office, that John St. John, son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere was born by 1373.

As per the 1414 I.P.M. of Joan (Sturry) Paveley we know that a John St. John who married Isabel, widow of John Paveley, Jr., married her circa 1395.

So, if John St. John son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere was an infant in 1373 (he could be older), that means that Oliver St. John, husband of Elizabeth de la Bere was born no later than about 1350 (I think he was a lot older) and John St.
    John, father of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de la Bere was born about 1325 (I think he was a lot older).

So here are the choices.

My contention is that John St. John, son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere, born circa (not after) 1373 married Isabel about 1395, widow of John Paveley, Jr. Isabel was born circa 1374, and they were the parent of Oliver St. John, born circa
    1398, died 1437, who married Margaret Beauchamp, and the St. John of the Bletsoe pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire is wrong as to what generation this couple (john St. John who married Isabel) is placed.

Wjohns contention is that John St. John, born circa 1325 (or earlier), great grandfather of Oliver St. John born circa 1398, was still alive in 1395 to marry Isabel, born circa 1374, widow of John Paveley, Jr. and that he (John St. John) was still
    living in 1414, because the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire has to be right as to the generation this couple is placed. But wait, that would mean the Oliver St. John (who married Elizabeth de la Bere) was born no earlier than circa 1420 and his grandson
    Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp and had issue and himself died in 1437 was born no earlier than circa 1460.

Matter submitted to the jury.

Cheers,

Bob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Robert Allen on Fri Nov 18 12:33:40 2022
    On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 9:39:59 PM UTC-8, Robert Allen wrote:
    In response to wjhons multiple messages posted today They are destructive, not constructive, abusive and insulting. You just know you are right and are unwilling to study the evidence and the time line to see you (wjhons) and the 1566 Vistiation of
    Bedfordshire are wrong about the generation where John St. John who married Isabel belong.

The 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem for Joan (Sturry) Paveley shows that the manor of Paulerspury was in the Paveley family until the trustee of John Paveley the elder deed the manor to Joan Paveley, his widow, for her life with the remainder to John St.
    John and Isabel, his wife, formerly the wife of John Paveley, Jr., deceased. Here is the British History Online link to the Inquisition P. M. (you have to scroll down the page to find it). https://www.british-history.ac.uk/inquis-post-mortem/vol20/pp30-
    49. If I provided the wrong link before, I apologize. Isabel, the remainder beneficiary, was age 40 in 1414 (born circa 1374). Furthermore, the I. P. M. says that both John St. John and Isabel, his wife, were still living in 1414.

I hope we can agree that Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp was born between 1395 and 1400 and died in 1447. I can cite a lot of references for this, but at this point suffice to say Douglas Richardson, ""Magna Carta Ancestry", page 714.

So, you (wjhons) is saying that Isabel, who married 2nd John St. John was the great grandfather of Oliver St. John who was born between 1395 and 1400. Douglas Richardson says born about 1398.

We know from the Arundel deeds at the Cornwall records office, that John St. John, son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere was born by 1373.

As per the 1414 I.P.M. of Joan (Sturry) Paveley we know that a John St. John who married Isabel, widow of John Paveley, Jr., married her circa 1395.

So, if John St. John son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere was an infant in 1373 (he could be older), that means that Oliver St. John, husband of Elizabeth de la Bere was born no later than about 1350 (I think he was a lot older) and John St.
    John, father of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de la Bere was born about 1325 (I think he was a lot older).

So here are the choices.

My contention is that John St. John, son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere, born circa (not after) 1373 married Isabel about 1395, widow of John Paveley, Jr. Isabel was born circa 1374, and they were the parent of Oliver St. John, born circa
    1398, died 1437, who married Margaret Beauchamp, and the St. John of the Bletsoe pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire is wrong as to what generation this couple (john St. John who married Isabel) is placed.

Wjohns contention is that John St. John, born circa 1325 (or earlier), great grandfather of Oliver St. John born circa 1398, was still alive in 1395 to marry Isabel, born circa 1374, widow of John Paveley, Jr. and that he (John St. John) was still
    living in 1414, because the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire has to be right as to the generation this couple is placed. But wait, that would mean the Oliver St. John (who married Elizabeth de la Bere) was born no earlier than circa 1420 and his grandson
    Oliver St. John who married Margaret Beauchamp and had issue and himself died in 1437 was born no earlier than circa 1460.

Cheers,

Bob

You seem to fail to recognize you pompous bombast, that there are *two* distinctly different possible descents in this line.
    You addressed this point not one whit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joseph cook@21:1/5 to Robert Allen on Sat Nov 19 03:58:35 2022
    On Friday, November 18, 2022 at 12:39:59 AM UTC-5, Robert Allen wrote:
    In response to wjhons multiple messages posted today They are destructive, not constructive, abusive and insulting.

What statement has been made prior to this message that was "abusive"?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pj.evans88@gmail.com@21:1/5 to wjhons...@gmail.com on Sat Nov 19 07:27:10 2022
    On Friday, November 18, 2022 at 12:33:41 PM UTC-8, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:

So, if John St. John son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere was an infant in 1373 (he could be older), that means that Oliver St. John, husband of Elizabeth de la Bere was born no later than about 1350 (I think he was a lot older) and John
    St. John, father of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de la Bere was born about 1325 (I think he was a lot older).

So here are the choices.

My contention is that John St. John, son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere, born circa (not after) 1373 married Isabel about 1395, widow of John Paveley, Jr. Isabel was born circa 1374, and they were the parent of Oliver St. John, born
    circa 1398, died 1437, who married Margaret Beauchamp, and the St. John of the Bletsoe pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire is wrong as to what generation this couple (john St. John who married Isabel) is placed.

Cheers,

Bob
    You seem to fail to recognize you pompous bombast, that there are *two* distinctly different possible descents in this line.

Kindly STFU. You have added nothing to this thread, and, for some time, very little to this site.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to pj.ev...@gmail.com on Sat Nov 19 19:06:02 2022
    On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 7:27:11 AM UTC-8, pj.ev...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, November 18, 2022 at 12:33:41 PM UTC-8, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:

The 1414 Inquisition Post Mortem for Joan (Sturry) Paveley shows that the manor of Paulerspury was in the Paveley family until the trustee of John Paveley the elder deed the manor to Joan Paveley, his widow, for her life with the remainder to John
    St. John and Isabel, his wife, formerly the wife of John Paveley, Jr., deceased. Here is the British History Online link to the Inquisition P. M. (you have to scroll down the page to find it). https://www.british-history.ac.uk/inquis-post-mortem/vol20/
    pp30-49. If I provided the wrong link before, I apologize. Isabel, the remainder beneficiary, was age 40 in 1414 (born circa 1374). Furthermore, the I. P. M. says that both John St. John and Isabel, his wife, were still living in 1414.

So, if John St. John son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere was an infant in 1373 (he could be older), that means that Oliver St. John, husband of Elizabeth de la Bere was born no later than about 1350 (I think he was a lot older) and John
    St. John, father of Oliver St. John who married Elizabeth de la Bere was born about 1325 (I think he was a lot older).

So here are the choices.

My contention is that John St. John, son of Oliver St. John and Elizabeth de la Bere, born circa (not after) 1373 married Isabel about 1395, widow of John Paveley, Jr. Isabel was born circa 1374, and they were the parent of Oliver St. John, born
    circa 1398, died 1437, who married Margaret Beauchamp, and the St. John of the Bletsoe pedigree in the 1566 Visitation of Bedfordshire is wrong as to what generation this couple (john St. John who married Isabel) is placed.

Cheers,

Bob
    Kindly STFU. You have added nothing to this thread, and, for some time, very little to this site.
    "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."

If that is directed at me, then no thank you.
    I will continue to present facts from sources, especially those that tend to show that any puported line of descent is full of errors and omissions.

Those that do not like to be presented with reasons why their presumptions are flawed, are welcome to leave

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05