• Re: Eltonhead = Norris?

From enorrste@21:1/5 to joshuapa...@gmail.com on Mon Oct 10 23:39:56 2022
    On Friday, August 14, 2020 at 7:18:56 PM UTC-7, joshuapa...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 6:14:03 PM UTC-5, dina...@gmail.com wrote:
    I am Steven D Norris who posted many years ago in Netcom, a site that has long since closed. My family history is now available on Ancestry.com. The name is Norris followed by a date in 2015 (can't recall it!).
    The source for the will of Edward Norris of Salem MA and his ancestors were all obtained through the Mormon church film library. I will attempt to place photos of the originals on my ancestry page.
    The majority of the older data can all be found in a book titled Norris Deeds which a librarian in Bristol was nice enough to copy and send me. If course it wasn't cheap but it enabled me to work clear back to Geoffrey me Norreys of about 1140.

I recently hired a genealogist in Gloucestershire who has proved that Edward Norris of Salem was married first to Elizabeth Staunton in 1610 in Alderley. She died in 1618, possibly giving birth to John although we have not yet found a baptism record.
    Eleanor was his second wife and is not the mother of the children . Elizabeth's father was Vicar John Staunton of Wotton Under Edge where Elizabeth was born.
    I have more and will update my ancestry site soon with this new information. Our connection to royals is through Sylvester Anna Poyntz, the mother of Edward Norris of Salem. Her husband Edward died young and she married Christipher Kingsxote of
    Alderley where young Edward if Salem was raised, his dad dying when he was only 4 years old.

More to come on Ancestry.com. Sorry for typos. I am using my phone! 😄
    Thank you for this Information! Am I able to view this information more in depth on your ancestory?

I recently uploaded a newer version of my Ancestry.com family history with additional information. Do a search in Ancestry for "Immigrant Edward Norris" and you can find out what I have added. There is also new information about John Norris which,
    circumstantially, shows that he must have been the son of the Pastor Edward Norris of Gloucestershire and Salem, MA>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)