• RIP Queen Elizabeth II

From Paulo Ricardo Canedo@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 16 16:38:05 2022
    I know this is off topic and yesterday it was a week since her death, but I want to post this tribute. May Queen Elizabeth II rest in peace. She was a great Queen. Queen Elizabeth II reigned for 70 years between 1952 and 2022. There were 15 Prime
    Ministers under her. Winston Churchill was Prime Minister when she became Queen. She spanned several different eras of British culture and politics. She was a link to the past and her death is a historical event. I am only 19 turning 20 on 4 October and
    I am pretty sure I will never see a Queen of the United Kingdom again in my lifetime. Prince George is 11 years younger than me. I expect to live to see him as King of the United Kingdom but I am almost certain I won't outlive him which would be
    necessary for seeing a Queen of the United Kingdom again. My condolences to all British people and to the royal family specifically.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JohnR@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 17 03:06:29 2022
    As an old soldier, the son of an old soldier, I thank you for your condolences and respect for the Royal family. I am older than the King, so I won't see the events that you hope to see, so I wish you the very best for your future.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jinny Wallerstedt/Girl 57@21:1/5 to Paulo Ricardo Canedo on Thu Sep 29 07:35:09 2022
    On Friday, September 16, 2022 at 7:38:06 PM UTC-4, Paulo Ricardo Canedo wrote:
    I know this is off topic and yesterday it was a week since her death, but I want to post this tribute. May Queen Elizabeth II rest in peace. She was a great Queen. Queen Elizabeth II reigned for 70 years between 1952 and 2022. There were 15 Prime
    Ministers under her. Winston Churchill was Prime Minister when she became Queen. She spanned several different eras of British culture and politics. She was a link to the past and her death is a historical event. I am only 19 turning 20 on 4 October and
    I am pretty sure I will never see a Queen of the United Kingdom again in my lifetime. Prince George is 11 years younger than me. I expect to live to see him as King of the United Kingdom but I am almost certain I won't outlive him which would be
    necessary for seeing a Queen of the United Kingdom again. My condolences to all British people and to the royal family specifically.
    I missed this when it was first posted days ago. I appreciated your thoughts. Queen Elizabeth's witness to, and participation in, so much history is beyond remarkable. All the best to you...wishing you many, many years of adventure as you live your own
    history and continue studying families of the past.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05