• Richard Holdich conflation, husband of Alice Berney? Need eyes to take

From Darrell E. Larocque@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 30 10:22:44 2022
    This week I found the following information in my Berney research:

From Hundred of Wayland: CASTON

"Holdich's arms. Berney, Heveningham, and Gissing.
    Caston quartering Berney.
    Berney with an annulet sab.
    Caston, gul. a chevron between three eagles displayed arg. The same with a label az. The same with a mullet sab."

Based upon the timeline, these arms must represent John Berney who married Isabel Heveningham, for:
    John Berney, s. of Thomas Berney and Margaret de Reedham, heiress of Sir William de Reedham and Margaret Caston, who m. Isabel Heveningham, d. of Sir John Heveningham (1313-1375) and Joan Gissing, d. and heiress of Sir Thomas Gissing.

Francis Blomefield, 'Hundred of Wayland: Caston', in An Essay Towards A Topographical History of the County of Norfolk: Volume 2 (London, 1805), pp. 282-286. British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/topographical-hist-norfolk/vol2/pp282-
    286 [accessed 28 July 2022].

Now I THINK I have identified the Berney source, being Alice Berney, wife of Richard Holdich.

HOWEVER, the parentage of Alice Berney doesn't make sense being John Berney who m. Sarah Bateman as it was an earlier generation before the Heveningham and Gissing connection.

There is no way Holdich's arms could be Berney, Heveningham, and Gissing unless he was the son-in-law of John Berney who married Isabel Heveningham, whose parents were Sir John Heveningham and Joan Gissing. Unless there is another Holdich connection, I
    question the John Berney/Sarah Bateman parentage.

Could the Richard Holdich males be conflated somehow and a generation is missing? Anyone know of these families?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)