• Re: Heuenyngham (Heveningham) Family

From Darrell E. Larocque@21:1/5 to ADRIANC...@aol.com on Thu Jul 28 18:58:40 2022
    On Friday, November 28, 2003 at 7:46:49 PM UTC-5, ADRIANC...@aol.com wrote:
    Hello Rose of Surrey.
    A couple of Heveningham from my records which perhaps you have:
    A)
    The Rev. John Browne, Parson of Loughboro, C.C. [Christ Church] Oxon, Proctor of the University, 1582, Prebend. of Durham and Southwell, presented by the Countess of Huntingdon. [Catherine dau of Sir John Dudley Duke of Northumberland m Henry 3 Earl Huntingdon] Bu 1623 m1 Marie, sister of James Whitehall of
    C.C. Oxon, b. 26 Nov., 1600, m2 Helen sister of Robert Heveningham, b. 15 April, 1606 m3 N.N.
    This is from `The Brownes of Bechworth Castle', by John Pym Yeatman 1903, a copy of which was in Guildford library, (not for loan), but may have now been moved to the Surrey research rooms in Woking.
    B)
    The other is a Sir John Heveningham (-1498/9) who m Alice Bruin (-1472/3), her third marriage, his second shown in Complete Peerage under Brun, Vol II page
    358 and footnote.

I see there are a handful of Heveningham in the archives, also I think Burke's Extinct Peerage has a 16th century one (John) in the Paston family. regrads,
    Adrian (of Surrey)
    Rose wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself. My name is Rose and I live in Surrey in the UK. My main interest in medieval genealogy is my
    Heveningham family and their many connections. I have been researching them

'seriously' for many years now, so, if I can be of assistance to anyone who has
    Heveningham connections, then please don't hesitate to contact me. In the meantime, I shall join in on discussions on this mailing list where I can.

King regards,

Rose

I have found that Isabel Heveningham is the daughter of Sir John Heveningham and Joan Gissing, and so anyone looking into this family please contact me for collaboration if you are able. Thanks!

Darrell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)