• Re: Mary Hussey, wife of John Teye, Esq.(died 1440), Henry Howard, Esq.

From Darrell E. Larocque@21:1/5 to Douglas Richardson on Sun Jul 24 07:58:52 2022
    On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:07:11 PM UTC-4, Douglas Richardson wrote:
    Dear Newsgroup ~

The following is a list of the 17th Century New World immigrants that descend from Mary Hussey and her 2nd husband, Henry Howard, Esq.:

Marmaduke Beckwith, Thomas Booth, Nathaniel Burrough, Elizabeth, John, and Thomas Butler, William Clopton, Anne Derehaugh, Edmund Jennings, Edmund, Edward, Richard, & Matthew Kempe, Mary Johanna Somerset, Jemima Waldegrave.

Do you descend from Mary Hussey? If so, I’d very much appreciate seeing your line of descent posted here on the newsgroup.

For interest’s sake, I’ve copied further below my current file copy concerning Mary Hussey and her three husbands.

Douglas Richardson, Historian and Genealogist

Douglas,

My line from Charles Barnes, immigrant ancestor, also descends from Mary Hussey, but I haven't seen you mention him, even though I have seen you discuss the parts of my line here in the newsgroup:

1. Mary Hussey m. Henry Howard, Esq.
    2. Elizabeth Howard m. Henry Wentworth
    3. Sir Roger Wentworth m. Anne Tyrell
    4. Margaret Wentworth m. John Berney of Reedham
    5. John Berney of Reedham m. Margaret Read(e)
    6. Thomasine Berney m. Thomas Osborne
    7. Elizabeth Osborne m. Owen Shepherd
    8. Thomasine Shepherd m. William Barnes, Esq. of East Winch
    9. Charles Barnes of East Hampton

The Berney family can be quite confusing, and I have tried my best to follow through the Reedham branch.

Darrell E. Larocque

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Darrell E. Larocque@21:1/5 to Darrell E. Larocque on Sun Jul 24 09:17:11 2022
    On Sunday, July 24, 2022 at 10:58:54 AM UTC-4, Darrell E. Larocque wrote:
    On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:07:11 PM UTC-4, Douglas Richardson wrote:
    Dear Newsgroup ~

The following is a list of the 17th Century New World immigrants that descend from Mary Hussey and her 2nd husband, Henry Howard, Esq.:

Marmaduke Beckwith, Thomas Booth, Nathaniel Burrough, Elizabeth, John, and Thomas Butler, William Clopton, Anne Derehaugh, Edmund Jennings, Edmund, Edward, Richard, & Matthew Kempe, Mary Johanna Somerset, Jemima Waldegrave.

Do you descend from Mary Hussey? If so, I’d very much appreciate seeing your line of descent posted here on the newsgroup.

For interest’s sake, I’ve copied further below my current file copy concerning Mary Hussey and her three husbands.

Douglas Richardson, Historian and Genealogist

Douglas,

My line from Charles Barnes, immigrant ancestor, also descends from Mary Hussey, but I haven't seen you mention him, even though I have seen you discuss the parts of my line here in the newsgroup:

1. Mary Hussey m. Henry Howard, Esq.
    2. Elizabeth Howard m. Henry Wentworth
    3. Sir Roger Wentworth m. Anne Tyrell
    4. Margaret Wentworth m. John Berney of Reedham
    5. John Berney of Reedham m. Margaret Read(e)
    6. Thomasine Berney m. Thomas Osborne
    7. Elizabeth Osborne m. Owen Shepherd
    8. Thomasine Shepherd m. William Barnes, Esq. of East Winch
    9. Charles Barnes of East Hampton

The Berney family can be quite confusing, and I have tried my best to follow through the Reedham branch.

Darrell E. Larocque

To add also:

Elizabeth Osborne, born about 1564 in Norfolk, England, married 28 April 1590 at St Andrew's Church, Kirby Bedon, Norfolk, England Owen Sheppard of Kirby Bedon (bur. 19 July 1629 St Andrew Church, Kirby Bedon).[1] She died in 1630 and was buried 21
    October 1630 at St Andrew Church, Kirby Bedon.

William Harvey, Robert Cooke, and John Raven. The Visitation of Norfolk: 1563, 1589, 1613., Edited by Walter Rye, (London: The Harleian Society, 1891), vol. 32, p. 210.

https://archive.org/details/visitacionievisi32ryew/page/210/mode/1up

This Owen Sheppard of Kirby Bedon was the father of Thomasine (Sheppard) Barnes named in her memorial with William Barnes, Esq. at East Winch.

Darrell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)