• Some general research advice needed please

From Dd Pk@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 21 09:10:50 2022
    I could use some advice please – I’m quite new to medieval genealogy and would appreciate some tips on how to proceed with my search.

Context - I’m trying to trace the forebears of John Abrahall (d.1660) m. Margaret Lovell – they lived in Stretton Grandison, Herefordshrie. John’s father may have been Hugh Abrahall, d.1614., who in turn may have been son of John Abrahale, d.1556.
    They were living at Monksbury Court, Monkhide (nr. Yarkhill) at the end of the 1600s. There is a well-known Abrahall family from Foy, and I’ve seen their pedigree in the Visitation, but if it does connect with the branch of the family I’m looking at,
    I can’t see how yet.

So far I’ve looked for parish records available online, and I’ve found several abstracts of wills which (unfortunately only offer the skimpiest corroboration). I’ve googled around, searched archive.org, hathitrust, feet of fines on http://www.
    medievalgenealogy.org.uk/, and have randomly come across a few court cases via the National Archives discovery page. National Archives also indicates there are manorial records held at the county records office.

Can anyone suggest how best to proceed with my research – ideally cheaply and without having to do a 400 mile round trip to the records office!

Thanks in advance.
    David

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)