• 'Scottish Genealogist' & 'Apostolic Penitentiary' - Assistance Requeste

From Peter G. M. Dale@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 24 17:06:46 2022
    Greetings,

I'm trying to locate a copy of the following 2 items and cannot seem to identify where they may be available (if at all) online:

1. Scottish Genealogist - Volume LXIV; Part i; commencing page 5.
    In particular I’m looking for the reference therein to “Jon Cairncross”; and

2. Penitenzieria Apostolica (Apostolic Penitentiary), Volume 55, fol. 561v. The citation provided is - ASV, Penitenzieria Ap., Reg. Matrim. et Div., vol. 55, fol. 561v.
    In particular I’m looking for the application (or decision) relating to “Michael Banatan” and “Catherina Cairncross”.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Pete
    pdale (at) peterdale (dot) com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From louise2tas@bigpond.com@21:1/5 to Peter G. M. Dale on Fri May 27 17:56:42 2022
    On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 10:06:47 AM UTC+10, Peter G. M. Dale wrote:
    Greetings,

I'm trying to locate a copy of the following 2 items and cannot seem to identify where they may be available (if at all) online:

2. Penitenzieria Apostolica (Apostolic Penitentiary), Volume 55, fol. 561v. The citation provided is - ASV, Penitenzieria Ap., Reg. Matrim. et Div., vol. 55, fol. 561v.
    In particular I’m looking for the application (or decision) relating to “Michael Banatan” and “Catherina Cairncross”.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Pete
    pdale (at) peterdale (dot) com

Pete

I've not seen a reply to the list so far.

I have the hard copy of the Scottish Genealogist volume you require, and can send you images of the 3 relevant pages, pp 5,6 and References on p12.

The full article is about John Deuchars (1695-c1775) of the meal mill of Millhaugh, at Alyth.

Contact me off list if you still need these particular images.

Regards

Louise

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Peter Stewart@21:1/5 to Peter G. M. Dale on Sat May 28 11:58:09 2022
    On 25-May-22 10:06 AM, Peter G. M. Dale wrote:
    Greetings,

You will need go to Rome for the latter, after applying for access - see http://www.penitenzieria.va/content/penitenzieriaapostolica/it/archivio-storico/patrimonio.html.
    As vol. 55 is prior to 1570, you will find the petition and approval
    registered together.

Peter Stewart

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
    https://www.avg.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05