• Other than Wessex is there any other european historicaly accepted line

From Dude@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 19 15:20:31 2022
    I read that there may be some possible lies to Wales and Ireland but those are disputed. Arnulf of Mentz may be the furthest line that is indisputable in europe.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From joseph cook@21:1/5 to Dude on Sat Feb 19 17:43:49 2022
    On Saturday, February 19, 2022 at 6:20:34 PM UTC-5, Dude wrote:
    I read that there may be some possible lies to Wales and Ireland but those are disputed. Arnulf of Mentz may be the furthest line that is indisputable in europe.

I wouldn't normally derail this so quickly; but please check the archives; this subject comes up a lot.

In this case there was a related thread just a couple weeks ago: https://groups.google.com/g/soc.genealogy.medieval/c/IGPs-jxFqdY/m/3mWmBiTnEAAJ

If you search for "DFA" (descent from antiquity), you will find a lot of good discussion on this very question.

If you have any more questions after at least looking at the January thread, please please come back and ask them.

Cheers,
    Joe C

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joseph cook@21:1/5 to joseph cook on Sat Feb 19 17:50:07 2022
    On Saturday, February 19, 2022 at 8:43:52 PM UTC-5, joseph cook wrote:
    On Saturday, February 19, 2022 at 6:20:34 PM UTC-5, Dude wrote:
    I wouldn't normally derail this so quickly; but please check the archives; this subject comes up a lot.

In this case there was a related thread just a couple weeks ago: https://groups.google.com/g/soc.genealogy.medieval/c/IGPs-jxFqdY/m/3mWmBiTnEAAJ

If you search for "DFA" (descent from antiquity), you will find a lot of good discussion on this very question.

If you have any more questions after at least looking at the January thread, please please come back and ask them.

Wait! I just realized that was *you* who asked the same question last month. Are you not able to view the responses to your own very inquiry? The one that pointed out that the very premise of your question was wrong (the Wessex line is not a solid
    historical line back to the 5th century).

Can you please reply and let people know you can see&read the responses before anyone takes any effort to respond again?
    --Joe Cook

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05