• Margery wife of a Thomas Bassett

From Loren Varga@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 17 16:02:02 2022
    Dear Group.
    Thomas Bassett of Fledborough married a Margery Meringe they had a daughter who married into the Sutton Family of Averham.

I am trying to determine the ancestry of Margery Mering (e).

In Visitation of Nottingham pgs.12-13 is listed a William Mering and Maud Bekering with daughter Margery married to Thomas Bassett and further down a William Mering md a daughter of Langton in York with a daughter Margery married to Thomas Bassett.

If the latter is correct would this Langton wife be a daughter of John Langton and Euphemia (Aske) or of John Langton and Joan Neville.

I read where there was a posting by J.Higgins on this subject but when I clicked on the link posted it stated not found.
    Thanks in advance for any information!
    Loren

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Loren Varga on Thu Feb 17 18:04:01 2022
    On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 4:02:05 PM UTC-8, Loren Varga wrote:
    Dear Group.
    Thomas Bassett of Fledborough married a Margery Meringe they had a daughter who married into the Sutton Family of Averham.

I am trying to determine the ancestry of Margery Mering (e).

In Visitation of Nottingham pgs.12-13 is listed a William Mering and Maud Bekering with daughter Margery married to Thomas Bassett and further down a William Mering md a daughter of Langton in York with a daughter Margery married to Thomas Bassett.

If the latter is correct would this Langton wife be a daughter of John Langton and Euphemia (Aske) or of John Langton and Joan Neville.

I read where there was a posting by J.Higgins on this subject but when I clicked on the link posted it stated not found.
    Thanks in advance for any information!
    Loren

John /Langton/ of Farnley, co York 1465-; esq 1465
    Will dated 22 Dec 6E4 (1466) [to be buried at] Leeds
    and his wife
    Agnes // Unknown surname, dead before 1467 buried at Leeds

This couple also had a son
    John /Langton/
    Will dated 4 Dec 1452; d.v.p.
    *who* also had a daughter
    Agnes /Langton/ married James /Danby/ , K. Banneret

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)