• Re: TAF / Illegitimate Offspring

From joseph cook@21:1/5 to Riley S on Tue Feb 15 14:02:19 2022
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 4:30:14 PM UTC-5, Riley S wrote:
    One more question . You mentioned the Hanoverian Kings . Was William IV the last English Monarch to father illegitimate offspring ? With his reputation , I was wondering if Edward VII made the list ?

Edward VII was well known for sleeping around frequently and as often as he could. He acknowledged no children as a result of these affairs; and there is no way to know if there were any children, but it is definitely possible.

-_Joe C

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Riley S@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 15 13:30:12 2022
    One more question . You mentioned the Hanoverian Kings . Was William IV the last English Monarch to father illegitimate offspring ? With his reputation , I was wondering if Edward VII made the list ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From taf@21:1/5 to Riley S on Wed Feb 16 03:17:11 2022
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:30:14 PM UTC-8, Riley S wrote:

It would very much surprise me if William was the last. To quote Mel Brooks, 'It's good to be the King!' That said, it is just not politically tenable to flaunt it before a modern democratic public that pays you a nifty sum of money to be the nation's
    paragon. At least in the current climate, it seems a lot more likely to have such a child thrust themselves (or be thrust by the tabloids) into the public eye, just as has happened in Spain and Belgium within the past few years, than for a good old
    fashioned unprompted voluntary royal recognition.

taf

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JBrand@21:1/5 to taf on Wed Feb 16 04:53:01 2022
    On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 6:17:13 AM UTC-5, taf wrote:
    It would very much surprise me if William was the last. To quote Mel Brooks, 'It's good to be the King!' That said, it is just not politically tenable to flaunt it before a modern democratic public that pays you a nifty sum of money to be the nation's
    paragon. At least in the current climate, it seems a lot more likely to have such a child thrust themselves (or be thrust by the tabloids) into the public eye, just as has happened in Spain and Belgium within the past few years, than for a good old

taf

Queen Camilla is rumored to be descended from one of Edward VII's byeblows, I think. It's pretty lucky she and Charles only got married after her childbearing years had passed -- think how inbred their children would be!

Actually there is someone out there who claims to be the child of Charles and Camilla before either was married (a hushed up teenage birth).

There is also some Australian man who claims to be Princess Margaret's child before marriage.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny Brananas@21:1/5 to JBrand on Wed Feb 16 08:09:42 2022
    On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 7:53:03 AM UTC-5, JBrand wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 6:17:13 AM UTC-5, taf wrote:
    It would very much surprise me if William was the last. To quote Mel Brooks, 'It's good to be the King!' That said, it is just not politically tenable to flaunt it before a modern democratic public that pays you a nifty sum of money to be the nation'
    s paragon. At least in the current climate, it seems a lot more likely to have such a child thrust themselves (or be thrust by the tabloids) into the public eye, just as has happened in Spain and Belgium within the past few years, than for a good old

taf
    Queen Camilla is rumored to be descended from one of Edward VII's byeblows, I think. It's pretty lucky she and Charles only got married after her childbearing years had passed -- think how inbred their children would be!

Actually there is someone out there who claims to be the child of Charles and Camilla before either was married (a hushed up teenage birth).

There is also some Australian man who claims to be Princess Margaret's child before marriage.

Charles and Camilla's 55-year-old "son" is the actual Australian.

P. Margaret's secret "son" is British (?), but born in Kenya, ... or as he says "adopted" in Kenya. WINK.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 16 13:22:38 2022
    I would not be so bold as to say there is *no* way to find children, the products of newer shenanigans.
    DNA was made great strides forward in the last decade.
    It seems quite likely that a test could be proven to match to known cousins of royals and then triangulated to show that it's only possible to come from a recent Windsor

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Denis Beauregard@21:1/5 to wjhonson.2014@gmail.com on Wed Feb 16 17:37:34 2022
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:22:38 -0800 (PST), Will Johnson <wjhonson.2014@gmail.com> wrote in soc.genealogy.medieval:

I would not be so bold as to say there is *no* way to find children, the products of newer shenanigans.
    It seems quite likely that a test could be proven to match to known cousins of royals and then triangulated to show that it's only possible to come from a recent Windsor

You must have a recent Windsor to compare with !

That said, the Y DNA of Louis XIII is known because 3 male descendants
    accepted to be tested. So you may eventually find the same for some
    Windsor but not sure if it would be with a "popular" lab like we do !

Denis

--
    Denis Beauregard - généalogiste émérite (FQSG)
    Les Français d'Amérique du Nord - http://www.francogene.com/gfan/gfan/998/ French in North America before 1722 - http://www.francogene.com/gfna/gfna/998/ Sur cédérom/DVD/USB à 1790 - On CD-ROM/DVD/USB to 1790

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to Denis Beauregard on Wed Feb 16 15:21:13 2022
    On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 2:37:43 PM UTC-8, Denis Beauregard wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:22:38 -0800 (PST), Will Johnson
    <wjhons...@gmail.com> wrote in soc.genealogy.medieval:
    You must have a recent Windsor to compare with !

That said, the Y DNA of Louis XIII is known because 3 male descendants accepted to be tested. So you may eventually find the same for some
    Windsor but not sure if it would be with a "popular" lab like we do !

Denis

--
    Les Français d'Amérique du Nord - http://www.francogene.com/gfan/gfan/998/ French in North America before 1722 - http://www.francogene.com/gfna/gfna/998/
    Sur cédérom/DVD/USB à 1790 - On CD-ROM/DVD/USB to 1790

I'm not referring to Y-DNA however
    I am stating that you can triangulate Autosomal DNA now, back in some cases three hundred years
    As the tools get better and millions more get tested, that will probably become even more

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joseph cook@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 17 09:14:32 2022
    Les Français d'Amérique du Nord - http://www.francogene.com/gfan/gfan/998/
    French in North America before 1722 - http://www.francogene.com/gfna/gfna/998/
    Sur cédérom/DVD/USB à 1790 - On CD-ROM/DVD/USB to 1790
    I'm not referring to Y-DNA however
    I am stating that you can triangulate Autosomal DNA now, back in some cases three hundred years
    As the tools get better and millions more get tested, that will probably become even more

Having verified my paper lines back 4-7 generations on all sides via DNA at this point, the one thing I am rather confident in, is that I personally am not a descendant of King Edward VIII or any other recent English monarch illegitamately.
    --Joe C

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 17 09:59:14 2022
    Yes. The *least* triangulated of my 32 lines, has 35 DNA kits triangulating that line

No surprises for me either.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05